The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Richard Branson Interview

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
Here's a nice detailed interview with (Sir) Richard Branson outlining his approach through all his business startups from his record label to airlines to now space travel.

Excellent insights for anyone wanting to start a business. Especially his strategy for toppling the giants in a market and how his ideas were all strongly rejected when he started out.

Worth a watch:

http://www.joepolish.com/richardbranson/

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

australianinvestor

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Aug 4, 2007
Australia
Thanks Jon, I'll have to watch it when I get home (no sound on my store computer).

I read his book "Screw it, let's do it" which was very inspirational. I think I devoured it in a day or two. Good read :)

Daniel.

WheelsRCool

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Aug 12, 2007
I have his book from the library, "Losing My Virginity," I am about to start reading it. I'll also have to get "Screw It, Let's Do It." Branson is a huge inspiration to me, being an entrepreneur and adventurer.

mizchels

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Jan 14, 2008
St. John, USVI
I bumped into Sir Richard Branson in an airport
(I think it was in Scotland)
and wow, the energy the man has.

He was talking to anyone and everyone
(so much that they kept paging him to get on his plane).
And he gave the impression that he was 100% focused on what you were saying.

...And that's probably 95% of the key to his success. He makes other people feel important, he is excited to make others excited. You can't help but appreciate his ideas when you see how energized he is! That attribute is something money and success can't create...that comes from within. :banana:

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
He was talking to anyone and everyone
(so much that they kept paging him to get on his plane).
And he gave the impression that he was 100% focused on what you were saying.

You hit the nail on the head Kimber. Reading between the lines in the video, it's clear that it's his social skills and the ability to listen, that have been the primary tools of his success.

I loved the story about how he started Virgin Airways when he was sitting in an airport because a commercial flight had been canceled. He made a couple phone calls and was able to charter a flight to his destination. Then he made up a cardboard sign and went around the airport selling tickets for his charter. He sold out the charter in an hour, solved his canceled flight problem, made a profit on the charter...and got the inspiration for his Virgin Airlines.

Jorge

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Oct 5, 2007
Mendoza, Argentina
*Bump*

Just saw this, very inspiring to see there's people like this on the top!

Z5 FILMS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 13, 2007
The Woodlands, TX
Awesome video and information. Would be more inspiring if he telling it from the heart, and was not reading from a teleprompter. Long video, and I was starting to feel like I was watching a State of the Union address.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.