The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Rich Dad Seminar Exposed (FINALLY!)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Posted in the other thread too...

Hidden cameras, suckers paid $500 to receive ten bucks of information and 3 days of hard upsells ... but didn't Fastlane expose this almost a year ago?

http://www.cbc.ca/marketplace/2010/road_to_rich_dad/main.html

RK, a man who claims "due diligence" in all his books, guess he didn't do his??? I don't buy it for a freaking second. He either can claim ignorance or claim a few million more in profits ...

Watch all 22 minutes.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
  • Admin

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm simply amazed that such an arrogant person could give a seminar and people still don't walk out. If I was in that room I might have stood up and told the guy to F*CK OFF. And yet, people still clapped at the end. As I said dozens of times earlier, the lessons taught therein are found for $19.95 at a bookstore, yet these saps paid $500 to hear it sprinkled over 3 days overshadowed by 3 days of hard upselling.

This seminar insanity exposes a need ... Kung Fu Steve ya out there?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Anyone with a half a brain knows MJ started on Rich Dad website and also Russ.

Hey punk, never let a little research and diligence get in the way of your delusions. I was well on my way to becoming a millionaire when RDPD was first released. My millions came from the internet, not from real estate and certainly not from anything Kiyosaki taught. (That is unless RK was in my bedroom when I was 13 years old whispering ... 'start a business...start a business') Yes, the RDPD forum was one of the many venues where I got my writing start as this was were I could vent my own philosophy and get feedback from others.

Robert is MJ's idol that's why he is trying to be like him and started this website and is writing his book which are spin offs of what the Rich Dad company is doing

Really? RK was never my idol. And certainly, after I learned about his attitude and his repeated "sell-outs" (Russ Whitney company? Really?) he moved from respected author, to an arrogant annoyance. That said, I still think his first book is worth a read and to this day, I still recommend it. I suppose that would make a Kiyosaki lap-dog like yourself, happy.

MJ is going to make money though because he's actually applying what he learned of Robert's teachings.

Got to be the funniest thing I've read on here in years. There is NOTHING in my book that grabs from RK's teachings other than entrepreneurship and that you have to own your own business. "Own your own business" is one of the oldest pieces of advice out there that is in pretty much every "wealth" book, in fact, I even say that in my own book.

"I need to file bankruptsy but have no idea where to find good attorney".

Ah I see the source of your contempt; a bankrupt, broke-know-it-all, who can't spell bankruptcy. Yea, I'd be pretty angry at the world too.

Why don't you email Robert and thank him for giving you his ideas that you are turning around and trying to sell as your own.

Typical clueless Sidewalker ... you put so much faith into ideas. So while you're at your attorney ironing out your bankruptcy (let me guess, it wasn't your fault?) here is lesson #1: Ideas are worthless. Entrepreneurs take existing ideas and make them better ... so if you really believe that I've adopted RK's ideas, so what. I knew long ago (far before RK even wrote a book) that 401(k)s, jobs, and other Slowlane BS would never make me rich -- the fact that RK uses similar narratives doesn't change my personal story one bit. Of course the big difference is that I prove why in my book -- RDPD does not. God forbid Sergey Brin and Larry Page stole the search engine idea from Yahoo, Snap, and Alta Vista -- heavens! How dare they!

And finally, as the other past fans of RK on this board will tell you, the biggest threat to RK is RK himself -- not my book or any other guru's book.

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
information is free, all anyone gotta do is find it. it's 2010, it's staggering what one can find by hitting a search engine.

You're missing the point of charging for information. It isn't the information that is being charged for, everyone knows it is available for free SOMEWHERE else.

What's being charged for is the time savings of gathering, organizing and presenting the information.

By your logic, houses should sell for the cost of the building materials, since theoretically I could build my own house if I own a hammer and a wheelbarrow. ;)

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thanks for the lesson I might just buy your book if you keep giving insights like these.

Hey sport, I don't need your twenty bucks. Save it for RK's 24th book regurgitating the same sludge over and over, or better yet, give it to your bankruptcy attorney. :rofl:

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
OUTRAGEOUS! immediately send police to the man Who put the gun to Sukhis head, yelling at him to buy!

I've been to this. Regardless of the fact that they did bring up some solid points including having outs built into your contract, assignments etc plus provide a book full of good info, Their job is to sell, and if Sukhi had done all but a 2 second google search 2 mins before he bought, he'd have known and been prepared.

Kiyosaki clearly made a bad licensing deal, he admits it. He's clearly educated more people about assets/liabilities than the other B.S gurus.

This is just sidewalkers looking for an event, then paying, then crying about how it's the companies fault for offering expensive classes. What:cookoo:?
Logic is in all of us, just some choose to use it.

Takes about 7 seconds to google, "How I made my first real estate deal" and follow the steps. Another 3 minutes to message the guy who did it. Another 45 mins to take him/her for coffee.

For $16 you can buy MillionaireFastlane and change your life.

My dad calls it the Tuition fees of life. You lose some, but you learn. It's life. Suck it up.

Actions are truth, results are reality. The easy way is usually the worst way.

P.s. I'll be looking out for the next protest against corporate profits for these same faces. lol

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Anything that is offered free might just be the most expensive thing!

You bet, always be sure you read those Terms of Service. Never know where a sneaky continuity clause might be hiding.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
1,000 people x 30,000 each = $30,000,000.00

Certainly beats selling $45,000 mobile homes in a non-existant, undeveloped mobile home park, wouldn'tcha say? :rofl:

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
besides this seminar, i think any seminar that people pay money for is BS, especially if it's costing more than $50. or/and you have to buy additional materials. information is free, all anyone gotta do is find it.

I have to disagree with this comment to a degree.

The purpose of going to a legitimate seminar is to learn something in the least amount of time possible. Sure you could probably learn it on your own, but at the cost of TIME. (Time being your most precious commodity.)

For example, lets say that I had an interest in learning internet marketing and I have no prior knowledge on the matter whatsoever. And let's say I have a choice between two options to learn what it is that I need to know to become a success in internet marketing:

1) I can try to learn it on my own for the next 12 months by reading articles off the web in my spare time for FREE, and still be a complete novice at the end of that 12 month period. Or

2) I can attend a 3 day seminar that JonLeeHacker is hosting for $5,000 and have a solid foundation to begin starting my business.

If I had the cash (or could charge it :)) and was SERIOUS about doing this as a business, I would without a doubt choose option #2 for a number of reasons including: the time value of money, the networking benefit of a seminar like this, and by learning from someone that is actually walking the talk, not just making his money teaching seminars.

That's where I see a seminar CAN be a benefit. Obviously Kiyosaki's does not fit into this category.

Edit: While I was busy typing (sorry, I'm a slow typer) looks like Jon beat me to the punch with this point. :D

Last edited:

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Has anyone attended any of his stock market seminars? I went to the introductory/free one last year to see if the same pitches still held as they did with Wade Cook back in the 90s. And wouldn't you know it, they were still selling the idea that stochastic crossovers are the holy grail! And people were drawn in... What the speaker did was find a couple stocks that had 100% confirmation of a crossover and put them up on the overhead projector for all to behold. In real life for those who don't trade or have never tinkered with technical analysis, stochastics are a lagging indicator, used to confirm the price action. Not the other way around but those who didn't understand, for obvious reasons, for the most part became sheep.

I find this entirely in line w/what learned from him.

Robert Kiyosaki has never claimed (or pretended) to use new techniques for building wealth-- quite the opposite. While he's never called his approach "old fashioned", it is-- he uses the tried and true things that have worked, for decades or even centuries.

This was great when getting my first "grounding" in financial awareness: Reading Rich Dad, Poor Dad, and his other first books (through Rich Dad's Guide to Investing, and Cashflow Quadrant) were all very, very helpful-- they got me on the right track.

After that, RK had pretty much said all he needed to say. But I still bought his books (loved reading 'em)-- and his publisher kept asking for more (b/c guys like me kept buying!).

The repetition from one book to the next was good- I needed that. But it may have had an unintentional effect on Kiyosaki: He got so good at rehashing the same things, over and over, that he really missed out on the dramatic changes occurring in the world around him.

When we last met him (and he screamed at us, calling us all "f*cking losers" for spending time online), he readily admitted he did not use a computer much, he barely used a cell phone, and as for things like blogging, or EMAIL, or i-pods, well, they just didn't interest him much. He didn't use them at all (this was only 3 years ago).

We were all OK w/this (perhaps a big shocked), but his attitude was "If you're not doing it like me, you're a loser".

That's where we took different paths. If he couldn't see the value in what we were doing (he clearly did not), we were OK w/going off and forming a community of people who did. Funny thing was, that day he yelled at us all, calling us f-ing losers, there were at least 10 people in the room who had made hundreds of thousands of dollars online. And a few who'd made millions (ahem). ;)

In hindsight, what RK did to us was a blessing: He showed us his limitations-- where his vision stopped.

That allowed many of us to move on-- to take the next steps.

To move over to the fastlane. :)

-Russ H.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I know for a fact that these seminars only have RK's name, but the material is not his or from his company. The training stuff is not a Rich Dad's stuff.

C'mon Andres, I'm shocked at reading this.

So are you suggesting that the person who hires the hit man to kill someone isn't as culpable as the hit man himself? I don't care if it's not Rich Dad's shit -- his name is on and therefore he OWNS IT. He can't blame the hit men he hired.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I understand what you're saying but I doubt you can conclude the person doing the hiring was ignorant to the methods. I think it was more like "Kill him and I don't care what method you use"

In other words,

"If it makes me $$$$, I don't care what you teach"

This is akin to me holding Fastlane seminars that teach the Slowlane - and not giving two-bits because hey, I'm making some scratch.

FDJustin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Apr 30, 2010
Canada
Stupid..? Nah, it's just like any other abusive relationship.

You put a lot into something, and you have a damn hard time pulling out of it.
An investment of time, money and heart is a powerful tie to anything - It will make it hard to drop failing relationships, businesses, methods, spoiled meat, you name it.

You might not agree with me now, but I bet you if I made you give me a dollar to read the above statement, and you had -any- remote inclination to agree to it, you would find ways to defend that payment to yourself.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
wow I wish I would have read this thread a couple days ago, I just bought the book "rich dad poor dad" yesterday and read the entire thing haha. I thought it was a good book, but after reading all of this its pretty much a let down :nonod:

Brian-

There are several millionaires on this site who started their journey by reading Rich Dad Poor Dad.

I'm one of them.

Just b/c Kiyosaki has a seminar scandal doesn't mean his original message is bad.

There are a *lot* of ex-richdad.com posters here as well.

Don't write off the book as fodder. It's not.

At least it wasn't for us. :banana:

-Russ H.

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
Robert Kiyosaki is full of it, but I still have a string of his books on my shelf. Rich Dad Poor Dad was IMHO one of the best motivational books on making and keeping wealth written, it started everything for me when I first read it and for a lot of other people.

Lately he is getting worse which is a shame because I think his original message which is very good is going to be forgotten.

Screw the classes, pay $20 for RDPD.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
WOW, I cant believe how many MJ D@$# Riders their are on this website. Anyone with a half a brain knows MJ started on Rich Dad website and also Russ. And were Rich Dad biggest fans until Robert insulted these pansies and they got butt hurt and started this website. Robert is MJ's idol that's why he is trying to be like him and started this website and is writing his book which are spin offs of what the Rich Dad company is doing . MJ is going to make money though because he's actually applying what he learned of Robert's teachings. Not even Russ can deny that Robert is the real deal and used Roberts teaching to be more financially successful. Robert clearly licensed his name to this company who abused Rich Dads reputation to make money. But I still think Robert knew and was not complaining about it until he got caught. Never the less Robert has inspired millions which should give him a pass for this mistake.

Wow, strong words from a guy who has 20 posts here since 2007.

One of your 20 threads was "I need file bankruptsy but have no idea where to find good attorney".

That's a thread that got tons of great responses, gave you lots of encouragement.

And what did you do?

You never thanked-- or even acknowledged-- any of the responses or encouragement.

Hey, good luck w/things.

-Russ H.

Last edited by a moderator:

camski

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jul 24, 2007
Noblesville, IN
How to Establish Self Esteem by anunez or by his pen name A. Tension Whore

Step 1. go on an internet forum and attack everyone on there by calling them names

Step 2. attack a successful moderator of the forum for his recounting of a disappointing experience with a best selling author.

Step 3. Attack the owner of the forum and accuse him of trying to be like said national selling author despite his success story not even remotely resembling said author

Step 4 Repeat steps 2 & 3 over and over for the amusement of all

Gonzosan

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
May 10, 2011
Can't say I hate Robert Kiyosaki, only because after reading Rich Dad Poor Dad is what got me so interested in starting a business and looking at things past working for someone else. None the less I've read a good amount of his books, and he's just rehashing the same book over and over again. I remember I wanted to be "coached" back then but realized it was just too much money for something I probably could find in a book (you can). I still remember signing up for their forums and seeing how dead it was, and realized it wasn't worth it. I remember reading about the seminars and was thinking "there's nothing they can teach me at this seminar that would cost $50k". That's when I realized that one of their big money makers is those seminars. Kind of sad really, fortunately I just take his advice with a grain of salt. All these "gurus" make some good points and I think anyone who gets people thinking about their own finances and making a change in their life is doign something good, but you have to realize they're selling something.

RazvanRogoz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Sep 18, 2011
Romania
I don't know what to say.

I'm 10 minutes in, but it's not different from any other success / sales seminars out there.

Not only the "Rich Dad" is doing this. Almost everyone is doing this.

rorschach

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Aug 28, 2011
Belgium
What pisses me off the most is the whole "Buy our stuff or we'll sabotage your beliefs" bs. Some of those people will never get over that.

what a &(§! move to do...

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
So I was thinking about this today.

What successful entrepreneur would legitimately sit in a call center all day and be a "coach" for struggling entrepreneurs? If someone thinks that any successful entrepreneur wants to sit all day in a cubicle call center and coach seminar participants as their end game, they need their head re-examined. I bring this up because these expensive seminar gigs always include some stupid "free coaching" via live telephone.

Really?

Who do you think is behind the telephone?

A seasoned entrepreneur who just by chance, has nothing better going on? Or someone off the street who can upsell and read sales scripts?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Is the Tony Robbins Fire Walk worth attending?

I did this and found the experience very enlightening ... however, I was able to get in for FREE. Not sure how I would feel if I had to pay for it.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
generally (almost) all free tours or free seminars are pitches to upsell people to expensive programs, people should know this. But what surprised my here is how they make people first invest $500 just to put them in the game.
The link in the OP is down now but I found the videos here

LeanLow

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Feb 23, 2014
People pay that money for information that is worth x100+ less, because people like to be in 'effect states' - and 'money' seminars gives them this. Another reason is 'bragging' right - "look at me i went to a seminar..." It's more of a psychological thing really, those overpriced seminars worked are working and will work in the future, because people are the way they are.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
I dunno why, but RDPD always sent my alarm bells off. I couldn't understand why until reading this thread.

Wow...

H. Palmer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 12, 2011
Fastlane Metro
OUTRAGEOUS! immediately send police to the man Who put the gun to Sukhis head, yelling at him to buy!

Kiyosaki clearly made a bad licensing deal, he admits it. He's clearly educated more people about assets/liabilities than the other B.S gurus.

The notorious "Kiyosaki seminar" that has been on Canadian tv and that has people wound up was indeed the result of a bad licensing deal between the Rich Dad organization and some notorious self proclaimed guru who is also into event exploitation.

RK attributes the bad licensing deal to his former partners that he broke up with several years ago. If you do some Google research you can find all about it, including the legal settlement.

At the end of the day these seminars, licensed or not, are RK's responsibility as long as they are held under the Rich Dad brand. And yes, it's very doubtful that all his coaches are successful in the field that they coach in. You might think the real successful people have better stuff to do than getting paid by the hour to do some coaching.

ZDS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 2, 2008
I'm in class, but really interested in watching the video now. You'd be surprised what people can justify to themselves after they have paid the money. It's like mentally they receive the value as soon as the payment is processed. He could have probably said ANYTHING and still been received well.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.