The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Rest in Peace Sandra Cantu. Tracy Ca.

Talkintoy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Oct 4, 2007
California
Anyone that seen this story in our hometown Tracy, Ca. Our prayer goes out to the families of Sandra Cantu. She was only 8 years old. Heart broken for everyone that touch the heart of the community of Tracy, Ca. by Sandra Cantu. It's very sad as my 8 yr old son goes to this same school knew her and played teether ball at times. It could've been my son. We're all deeply affected by this tragic outcome. Anger and sadness...

Missing since March 27 Friday found 10 days after, today at around 10am in a large suitcase in a pond 2 miles away from her home.

Missing Tracy girl, Sandra Cantu, found dead in farm pond

Tracy officials late Monday confirmed the community's worst fear: A large black container found in a farm pond contained the body of 8-year-old Sandra Cantu, missing from her home since March 27.
At an evening news conference, Tracy Police Chief Janet Thiessen said officials took the bag to the San Joaquin County morgue about 5:40 p.m., where it was opened.
"Inside the bag we located the body of Sandra Cantu," Thiessen said.
Sandra's body was found in a drainage irrigation pond about 2 miles north of her home in the Orchard Estates Mobile Home Park. The area had been searched twice previously, police said, but the pond had been full of water.
Workers doing routine draining at 10 a.m. saw the container and called police. Local officers and FBI agents swarmed the area surrounding Bacchetti Road northeast of the city.
The grim discovery puts an end to 10 days of waiting and searching. The Jacobson Elementary second-grader was last seen on a surveillance video near her home after playing at a friend's house in the mobile home park. She was shown returning home just before 4 p.m. March 27, then walking away from the home a short time later. Police received a 911 call reporting her missing about 8 p.m. Friday.
Police searched every residence in the mobile home park and questioned drivers and searched car trunks at the neighborhood's entrance. Sixteen regional law enforcement agencies, Tracy police and the FBI were involved in the search.

On Monday, at least 25 law enforcement officers spent the day at the scene collecting potential evidence. A coroner's van arrived about 3 p.m.
It's believed that the container was not in the pond when it was last drained, about two weeks ago. When workers noticed it, they thought it was suspicious and called police after pulling it over to the side of an embankment.
Since Sandra vanished, police have received more than 1,000 tips in the case.
An autopsy was expected to be completed today.
Jacobson Elementary and its district have received daily calls from parents whose children are having trouble sleeping and are suffering from bad dreams.

Mercury News Staff Writer Sandra Gonzales contributed to this report

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
This kind of thing is why hardly a single child walks to school anymore these days. I won't even let my kids play outside unless I can see them. It's all very sad.
When I was a kid, we used to ride our bikes 5 miles from the house -- leave at 8am, and come back to the house just for lunch, and then again for dinner. Now adays you'd be considered insane to let your kids do that. :nonod:

- Hakrjak

Talkintoy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Oct 4, 2007
California
Just came back from her home place to pay respect and support. News media still there and people from community gathered to pay respect and support as well. Very hard to take all this specially for my wife that sees this girl when she takes our son to school. My wife would tell her how pretty she was...

Talkintoy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Oct 4, 2007
California
Now adays you'd be considered insane to let your kids do that. :nonod:

- Hakrjak
I agree... There's so much people imbalanced nowadays sick in thier head for just simple pleasure. Its out of control. People need to learn to control thier rightful mind respected thinking. But emotion of pleasure takes the best of them out of control. Sick freaks...

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
this is horrible. my prayers go out to the family and especially the little girls mother.

My daughter is 8 and I dont know what Id do.

I agree with hak. My Wendy is only allowed to play in our yard where I can see her out my windows or in the neighbors backyard with a group of other kids. She isnt allowed outside without someone else myself or a playmate. The boy is 6 and he is only allowed out when I am sitting outside watching.

stories like these make me never want to let them out ever again!

what scares me even more then this tho is those cases in florida where the kids are taken right from their rooms while everyones sleeping. No wonder I am such a light sleeper! I hear everything. even the kids walking n shuffling their feet on the carpet wakes me up...

When I was younger then my kids are now I was allowed to play outside for hours and hours without being checked on every few minutes. I remember walking to kindergarten like 10 blocks from home with the 1st grade neighbor! 20 someodd years later and I wont even let mine stand at the bus stop unsupervised! and its in my side yard! even once the bus is there I still watch them get on9and off in the afternoon) and I wave to them...

It is a totally different world from the one we grew up in. then again maybe this stuff always happened just not everyone knew about it before like we do today...

I pray for Sandra and her family may they all find peace somehow.

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
Our world is seriously screwed up. I feel so sorry for this family. It is times like this that I think that some of the more radical countries crime/punishment laws would serve us well.

Imagine what would happen to rape/molestation statistics if the rapists knew getting caught would mean that their penis would be removed?

Imagine these sickos that torture kids being tortured, how many people would torture kids anymore?

Imagine if the punishment actually fit the crime in our country.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
Our world is seriously screwed up. I feel so sorry for this family. It is times like this that I think that some of the more radical countries crime/punishment laws would serve us well.

Imagine what would happen to rape/molestation statistics if the rapists knew getting caught would mean that their penis would be removed?

Imagine these sickos that torture kids being tortured, how many people would torture kids anymore?

Imagine if the punishment actually fit the crime in our country.

Idk but I think the parents should be first in line to dole out whatever punishment they see fit!

I totally agree with you tho. If you physically harm/tourture someone, you should have the same done to you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.