The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Resources MJ uses for Dividend and REIT Investments

Anything related to investing, including crypto

James Kinson

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 23, 2014
Fort Worth, TX
Hi Everone,

I just finished Unscripted . It's an awesome book and I wish I had something like it 40 years ago when I was 20. Alas, we can only move forward from where we are.

While I've been in the slow lane, working for someone else, I've been in sales. This has allowed me to do a little better, from an income perspective, than the average american. I'm looking to transition sooner than later to a retirement living off my investments and company pension. I know, ironic I'm reading unscripted , but I've always believed in reading and self eduction. I read Unscripted to determine what I do in retirement, I've never thougth I would truly retire. I want to give back for the blessings I've had in my lifer. I want to add value to others. That's how an old guy like me picks up a book like Unscripted .

With income generation with the safety of principal on my mind, I was facinated by chapter 48 in Unscripted - Your Last Business Forever (If you want) and MJ's discussion of dividend and REIT investment for income. Ihad recently read the Little Book of Big Dividends by Charles B. Carlson and found it compelling.

I therefore was wondering if MJ would share some of the resources he used to educate himself on diviends and REITS. Any books or websites he may have used would be fantastic!

Thank you for Millionaire Fastlane and Unscripted !

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
To be honest, I haven't read a finance book in years.

Resources on financial assets, I typically just use the screeners at my brokerage houses.

For dividends, Dividend.com is good, but you have to pay for the best of its tools.
For CEFs, ETFConnect.com
For REITS and everything else, FinViz.com

James Kinson

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 23, 2014
Fort Worth, TX
To be honest, I haven't read a finance book in years.

Resources on financial assets, I typically just use the screeners at my brokerage houses.

For dividends, Dividend.com is good, but you have to pay for the best of its tools.
For CEFs, ETFConnect.com
For REITS and everything else, FinViz.com
Great, I'll check them out. Thank you for taking the time to respond!
Not MJ here, but for REITs I follow Brad Thomas on Seeking Alpha: Brad Thomas's Articles | Seeking Alpha
Thank you, I'll check Brad

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.