The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Requirements for P2P payment business (like Venmo)

kameronja

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Jan 8, 2016
Anyone with expertise in fintech:

I've been researching P2P payment operations to bring to countries other than the US. Upon my research, a lot of the parameters and info seems to be pertinent to the US banking laws and regulations. I'm trying to figure out what the necessary pieces are to set up something like this in any country. From my understanding, it works like so (use venmo as the subject): Venmo is an intermediary between one personal bank account and another which could be within the same bank or between different banks. Venmo acts as a wallet through an escrow account they have with a strategic banking partner (I believe it to be Wells Fargo). Apparently, another alternative to a strategic banking partner is incorporating an API like one Visa offers, but don't fully understand how that works. So here are some questions:

Pay ins/Payouts to the wallet - are they wires, ACHs?
How does Venmo process transfers from one bank to another in such little time, and for free? What are the pieces that would need to come together to make the this feasible?
What are the necessary parties that need to be involved?
Is the up-front capital investment high? If so, why?

Would be very grateful for anyone with industry specific knowledge to answers theses questions. I been researching online and come across varying degrees of answers so trying to consolidate and make sense of all the info.

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.