The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Reinventing myself

Anything related to matters of the mind

Trevor Chaumont

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Oct 6, 2015
Gulf Coast
I'm going to use this thread as sort of a personal progress journal towards reinventing myself. I'm going to state my goals and occasionally post updates on those. If the moderators feel that this post doesn't belong here, I won't have a problem if it is taken down.

While reading through different threads, I've seen that reinventing myself is step one down the correct path, a path that I know is the only one for me. I've noticed a growing trend around the area I live. The 9-5 workday seems to be disappearing. Not in a good way. More and more people are going to work at 8 in the morning and getting home closer to 9 at night. 12 hour workdays look like they're becoming the norm.

Working 12 hours self-employed would be something I don't mind at all, but slaving away for someone else for 12 hours a day? No way. Sure, they get every 4th week off, but they work 6 days a week. Like it has been said, that job owns them and determines what they do even when they aren't at work. Once my copy of the millionaire fastlane gets here, I will study it like my life depends on it.

For now, I'm working on short term goals that I will accomplish during the remainder of 2015 and 2016.
I will train myself to practice better eating habits, get in better shape, and lose 20 lbs as a start. I will also walk my dog daily instead of letting her stay on her runner all day. I will develop one source of self-made income. Throughout this journey, I will update anybody who would be interested in following.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

marklov

It is a Tiger That Devours Me but I am The Tiger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 30, 2014
slaving away for someone else for 12 hours a day

I wouldn't knock this if it's a job that can provide you with valuable experience that will carry over to your venture.

Even though I am decent at it, I would gladly take a telemarketing job for the opportunity to experiment on someone else's dime but alas there are no centres near where I live.

Gl:cool:

Trevor Chaumont

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Oct 6, 2015
Gulf Coast
I wouldn't knock this if it's a job that can provide you with valuable experience that will carry over to your venture.

Even though I am decent at it, I would gladly take a telemarketing job for the opportunity to experiment on someone else's dime but alas there are no centres near where I live.

Gl:cool:
I wouldn't mind a telemarketing gig. Around here they're mostly plant operator jobs. I don't think there's much more than can be done for that, or at least nothing that I have any interest in. Your comment being made, I am now going to look for telemarketing jobs so I can engage the world and gain some experience. Thanks :)

Trevor Chaumont

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Oct 6, 2015
Gulf Coast
I've identified another problem of mine. My ultimate goal is to amass a value of $10 million. A thing that's holding me back is that I've been looking for the ten million dollar idea when I need to find the $100 idea first. I need to think on a smaller scale to get started and build upon that to grow.

Trevor Chaumont

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Oct 6, 2015
Gulf Coast
This forum is life changing. Not only financially but also mentally. I'm 40 pages into the book and about a month on the forum and I am thinking differently than I was before. I'm no longer blaming my stationary position in life on my grandmother and dad that rely heavily on me to get anything done. They don't force me to do anything, I've been holding myself to their standards of living without even realizing it. Like my family and friends fail to realize, I understand that life CAN get better than working 40 years to pay off a $200k house or budgeting to afford a $30k car. That life isn't for me. I previously said that I would want to be able to afford a lamborghini but not actually buy one. Now I feel like if I work hard enough to be able to afford one, why the hell shouldn't I buy one? I no longer look to think in terms of how much money I want to make, but more of how can I help a lot of people? How rich I am won't leave an impact on people.

Trevor Chaumont

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Oct 6, 2015
Gulf Coast
Interestingly enough, I believe I've found my first stepping stone.

I've been doing research all day on professional window cleaning. There are maybe five window cleaning services in my city, and I've never heard of any of them. My friends haven't heard of them. A small business owner I know has never heard of any of them. This could be my entry.

I can start up with very little money and basic materials. Hustle my service, let the results do the talking. Make some calls, emails, and even business cards. I have the resources to print my own. I'm excited at the thought of this. My area is expecting a huge population boom as I've previously said, and many houses are being built. There's a door asking for my foot.

Trevor Chaumont

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Oct 6, 2015
Gulf Coast
There are so many business ventures I want to go through with. The problem with some of them is that I need a good bit of money to start them. This window washing idea will require little start up money and can potentially open the door to those other ventures by providing me with a decent way to make a good bit of money. I just need to put myself out there and get some customers.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
This window washing idea will require little start up money and can potentially open the door to those other ventures by providing me with a decent way to make a good bit of money
Do you like cleaning windows? lol Being a nurse aide, I could tell you some stories when I was in people's homes. They all have a different way of cleaning anything, and specific about windows. I laugh now, but I really got irritated sometimes. :)

Trevor Chaumont

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Oct 6, 2015
Gulf Coast
Do you like cleaning windows? lol Being a nurse aide, I could tell you some stories when I was in people's homes. They all have a different way of cleaning anything, and specific about windows. I laugh now, but I really got irritated sometimes. :)
I don't mind cleaning windows :) my dog lays by my door and presses his nose to the glass and smudges it up and I enjoy cleaning those up. I expect some people will be specific about it, in that case I'll just have to do my best to please them. I do like helping people, and loads of people around here are really lazy. I'm hoping I can use that to my advantage ;)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.