The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Reddit: I am the child of a billionaire. Ask Me Almost Anything

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario

Mr.Dietsch

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
May 30, 2012
I am not going to lie, I click on every single one of these reddit links that people post here. I agree, very insightful.

Mr.Dietsch

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
May 30, 2012
Wow I read through his messages, and for him to stay professional with all the hate remarks amazes me. That man at least has enough dignity to say that it was his parents that did the work and not him. He is just blessed to be born into his life. Good for him, I hope he makes his own billion.

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
I just read the questions directly preceding the answer. The rest is just a waste of time for me.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
I just read the questions directly preceding the answer. The rest is just a waste of time for me.

Yeah, Reddit is known for being a massive waste of time. Just never click 'load more comments' or go into any of the weird sections... lol

FXKurrency

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Dec 11, 2012
"It's not about what you have - it's about who you know."

Wow, complete and utter bullshit.

Also, why is this AmA relevant on this forum? Just because he is the son of a billionaire why does this mean he's qualified to give advice on entrepreneurship? Why should we look up to this guy?

Chances are he probably knows less than the average person when it comes to starting a business, seeing how he's given everything he desires.

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
Haven't the last like, 3 of these been fake? I thought the cafe/bank statement one, and the dude impersonating the shades of grey character should tell you to stay away from these. Who knows, you get something from it, that's all that matters.

1PercentStreet

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 16, 2012
Vegas

Also, why is this AmA relevant on this forum? Just because he is the son of a billionaire why does this mean he's qualified to give advice on entrepreneurship? Why should we look up to this guy?

Chances are he probably knows less than the average person when it comes to starting a business, seeing how he's given everything he desires.

And you are?

ManOnTheMoon

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Dec 12, 2012

I thinks so as well. Readinf this didn't really help me and neither did it motivate me or anything like that. If I want to know about rich children, I can go and watch some reality TV.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
If you don't like it don't open it. No one forced you to even read this thread.

No surprises here, the title of this thread told me exactly what to expect upon entering

hellolin

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 27, 2015
People who say it's not what you know its who you know is bullshit, maybe all you are running is a small businesses?

Where the money gets to multiple millions and up, it's all about who you know not what you know. This is the result of a highly technocratically managed society. To get into certain industry as a worker, this will be very true already.

Yes, I know this is a death blow to a lot small time fastlaners out there who still believes we have a functional free market society, the truth is, we haven't had one for a long while, most before you were even born.

Itizn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 25, 2019
Colombia
I've preferred the alternative

"it's not who you know, it's who knows you"

Please SEARCH before posting.