The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Recommend a good book in basic web design?

china

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Sep 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Can anyone recommend a good book in basic web design? Or maybe a few good books?

I'm looking for something really basic like how to pick a web host, how to buy a domain name, how to download and get photos on the internet, etc. I have a publishing background and I've known how to do traditional computer typesetting for years so I'm not confused with HTML. What I really need to know is how to get all of this stuff put on the internet.

I tried to figure out FTP about 10 years ago and had trouble with that so I need something that spells it all out for complete idiots. Something like "Web Design for First Graders."

Does anything this simplistic exist? Also, I'd like to get something that's been printed in the last year or so because, as we all know, stuff on the internet gets outdated really fast.

Help!!!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
There's got to be a "Dummies" book out there. Despite the name "Topic for Dummies" books usually are the novice level -- I own dozens of them as they offer great introductory content.

Do a search at Amazon for "Web Publishing" or "Website"

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_b...-keywords=web+publishing+&Go.x=5&Go.y=8&Go=Go

Check each description for the topics you're weak on.

Personally, if I'm embarking on a new skill-set, I hit the book store and thumb-thru dozens of books to ensure they contain the content i'm trying to learn.

aptohosting

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 16, 2007
North Carolina

lucas

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Oct 7, 2007
Everything you want to learn can be found by diligent googling. More up-to-date and more thorough than any physical book could ever be.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.