The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Realization of the effectiveness of cold emailing

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
So I'm checking out my inbox today, I have 3286 unread emails in the last month. The email account is strictly used for software development and business purposes, and literally contains no spam.

The breakdown of these emails is:
75% requesting my services
25% offering their services

I can't help but feel annoyed by nearly every email I read haha. That has to be a personality trait I should work on. What it did make me realize though, was WOW, look at how incredibly hard it is just for someone else to grab my attention! I mean, here there are, hundreds of people asking to give me money to do something for them, and others offering to do something for me with the goal of making me more money, and I'm just staring at my screen saying no, no, no, no, noooooo. Having sent hundreds of cold emails before, I just had the realization that that is exactly what I must have done to the recipients of my emails.

I've had a lot of people approach me asking for a sales job at my startup. Almost every person I've talked to played all their cards right, talked about making me big bucks and explaining what they were going to do for me, yet I still had the feeling with each one that I would be providing more value to them then they would to me. Now I'm wondering if I sound the exact same to others when I give my pitches!

From my own experience, people seem to be much more open to working with me than I am with them. I haven't really run into cold email problems or getting new clients on board. It's just like a magical factory of productiveness, so maybe I've been lucky... but...

I'm sitting here wondering, thinking, brainstorming, of anything else I can do in my future to grab a potential client or person of interests attention effectively. Having just spent a half hour of my life being a negative nancy as I read through a list of people cold emailing to work with me, I feel as though I've had a huge revelation haha. I always tell people struggling to get a job that they need to quit sending in one sheet resume's and start showing up with something tangible of their abilities. You fix up cars? Bring one you've done. You code software? Build something that will blow me away and make me starting asking you how the hell you did it... want to get into video production? Send an amazing video showcasing your talent. Anything but the norm.

So, what are some cool things you've guys done for cold-sales pitches? Everything's been crossing my mind from wild stunts of flying a quadrocopter with my company name and phone number by someones window, to buying cases of their product and tagging them on Twitter with a thank you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.