The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  • Self-Promotion Saturday Now Live!

Have something to sell? Want to promote your design service or a YouTube channel? SELL-ME SATURDAY is your opportunity to self-promote anything within the sphere of entrepreneurship on one thread... and at no cost. Go There
    Note: Indiscriminate SEO backlinking to questionable material is not allowed.
  • Join 60,000+ entrepreneurs who are earning their freedom and living their dream.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The C.E.N.T.S Framework outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED®). From multimillionaires to digital nomads to side hustlers who are grinding a job, the Fastlane Forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses with one goal in mind: Freedom— both financial and temporal.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane) Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block.

Reality Check Needed by FL

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Mantas

PARKED
Oct 14, 2018
Scotland
Hi guys, thank you for reading my concerns and any advice is great!

Intro:

Currently I am living in a small town of about 4k people with my parents (which helps me to save some money on food and rent).

Now I theoretically know what I need to learn and do to start running small internet hustles like e-commerce shops, amazon FBA ect.

Question 1: So here is what I am not sure about is which way I should build capital : I need 10k just to test the internet waters through running ads , setting up stores , ect.

Do I earn it through my 8-5 job , which will take me around 8 months and after all those months of hard work and saving I might feel unconfident taking risk.

OR

I can cut my job to 1 working day just to pay rent to my parents , learn a freelance skills (this could take up to 1-2 months maybe?) that is in demand on upwork and start working as a freelance and start increasing my payday from there. (just like MJ DeMarco did with websites)

The reason I am asking is I might have to burn through a lot of ventures to see what works and what doesn’t and the 8 month period just to get capital needed to test and try things?

I can also drop this plan and try joining an internet start-up or business and take on from there?

Please let me know what you think guys!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

lewj24

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 12, 2016
St. Louis, MO
Easy. You do both.

Work a job. Do your side hustles. Grow that to where you can quit your job and do that full time.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Thanks for clearing that up. What do you recommend for those who are still in the process of...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
I thought I would post up the first video from the newest 2021 program content... Just a...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I have not offered one of these in a while, but it looks like I have time to take on an...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Hi Lex, I looked at several options including Kajabi and settled on the Divi theme on Wordpress...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Are you looking for a new, lesser-known but potentially very lucrative source of leads to your...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
The story is BASED UPON a true story. The details aren't entirely accurate or from a distinct...

Forum Sponsor

Grow an online business:
- Start immediately!
- Master business skills!
- 100+ Fastlane students enrolled!
Review & Details >

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers