The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ready to change Lanes

David Young

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jun 1, 2015
Firstly, thank you for all the great information and inspiration ideas and stories. I have been reading the forum for a few month now whilst I get my head straight so to speak.

My background is that I have spent the last 20 years fighting my way from the slow lane into the middle lane. It has not been a bad ride by any means and have managed to pick up a wonderful family along the way. However, I had been growing increasing uncomfortable over the last few years and couldn't quite work out why. A few self-improvement books, a couple of bottles of wine, and lots of sleepless night ended with me reading the MFL- and now there no going back. The next step is to work hard to try and find my fast lane and help as many people as I can along the way.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Firstly, thank you for all the great information and inspiration ideas and stories. I have been reading the forum for a few month now whilst I get my head straight so to speak.

My background is that I have spent the last 20 years fighting my way from the slow lane into the middle lane. It has not been a bad ride by any means and have managed to pick up a wonderful family along the way. However, I had been growing increasing uncomfortable over the last few years and couldn't quite work out why. A few self-improvement books, a couple of bottles of wine, and lots of sleepless night ended with me reading the MFL- and now there no going back. The next step is to work hard to try and find my fast lane and help as many people as I can along the way.

Sounds like you're ready to change from fighting the good fight to winning the war.

Most people make friends, family, and relationships in the slowlane. Nothing wrong with that. Soldiers in the Army form close bonds too, and those can be really useful in life. But no matter how many dutiful companions we make, few are fit to lead, and even fewer become commanders and generals. There's still room for strong relationships in the Fastlane, and we have a lot more time for those people when we take charge and decide to make the changes we fought so hard for.

I'm glad you're here, because now you have a chance to do that. This is your chance to step up and show the world what you've got, and if you stick around I know you'll start to discover those changes in ways you've never experienced before.

Anthony Mathapo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Jan 12, 2015
South Africa
Jumping on the fastlane is refreshing and relaxing. I just realized how we sometimes complicate life for no apparent reason.

good luck to everyone on this forum
cheers...

David Young

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jun 1, 2015
Sounds like you're ready to change from fighting the good fight to winning the war.

Most people make friends, family, and relationships in the slowlane. Nothing wrong with that. Soldiers in the Army form close bonds too, and those can be really useful in life. But no matter how many dutiful companions we make, few are fit to lead, and even fewer become commanders and generals. There's still room for strong relationships in the Fastlane, and we have a lot more time for those people when we take charge and decide to make the changes we fought so hard for.

I'm glad you're here, because now you have a chance to do that. This is your chance to step up and show the world what you've got, and if you stick around I know you'll start to discover those changes in ways you've never experienced before.

Thank you for comments.

Perry Rico

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 16, 2015
Welcome David!!! Don't hesitate to share us soon your money tree or what you are working on. We'd love to hear from you

WAMBST

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Aug 14, 2015
Le Mans - France

Welcome on board... according to your post, you are in the same decade as I am, don't you? And for sure I am looking for fastlane too. I think it's the good place...

David Young

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jun 1, 2015
Welcome on board... according to your post, you are in the same decade as I am, don't you? And for sure I am looking for fastlane too. I think it's the good place...
Yes, similar age. Its amazing how quickly life passes by in the slow lane. All the more reason to design the lifestyle you want and jump into the fast lane.

Delmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 21, 2015
Rochester, NY
Yes, similar age. Its amazing how quickly life passes by in the slow lane. All the more reason to design the lifestyle you want and jump into the fast lane.

It is, but the important thing is you're here now. The best time to plant a tree was 10 years ago, and right now.

David Young

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jun 1, 2015
Welcome David!!! Don't hesitate to share us soon your money tree or what you are working on. We'd love to hear from you
As soon as my plans start to firm up I will certainly share. Currently working on a few simple ideas as a way of learning the basics of ecommerce/ affiliate marketing/ social media marketing and all that good stuff with out risking too much money or upsetting my current employee. In parallel I am developing my fastlane idea. Hopefully as the fastlane idea comes together I will be up to speed up with the backend stuff and can make the change quickly with little risk.

Perry Rico

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 16, 2015
As soon as my plans start to firm up I will certainly share. Currently working on a few simple ideas as a way of learning the basics of ecommerce/ affiliate marketing/ social media marketing and all that good stuff with out risking too much money or upsetting my current employee. In parallel I am developing my fastlane idea. Hopefully as the fastlane idea comes together I will be up to speed up with the backend stuff and can make the change quickly with little risk.
The fellows here are very accommodating on giving feedback on an idea, don't keep it by your self. share it. what might be a great idea to you might be nothing in reality or vice versa.

mws87

talk less, listen more.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
May 5, 2015
California
...lots of sleepless night ended with me reading the MFL- and now there no going back.
Oh man, oh man--I remember that feeling so vividly, I don't think I will ever forget it. Welcome to the forum! I hope you stick around, it's truly a great community!

David Young

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jun 1, 2015
your are right, can do any thing about the past but can hopefully gain control of the present and define my future.
Oh man, oh man--I remember that feeling so vividly, I don't think I will ever forget it. Welcome to the forum! I hope you stick around, it's truly a great community!
Amazed at the warm welcome. thank you all. I think I can honestly say that I have had more positive messages in the last few hours than a decade in a slowlane office.

David Young

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jun 1, 2015
your are right, can do any thing about the past but can hopefully gain control of the present and define my future.
The fellows here are very accommodating on giving feedback on an idea, don't keep it by your self. share it. what might be a great idea to you might be nothing in reality or vice versa.

short term the plan is to develop a website with some technical content for an specific engineering discipline. Monetisation will initially just be through affiliate marketing and possibly direct sales of technical content / courses. I intend to drive traffic through SEO, and social media. I am realistic about the revenue this will develop. However, by doing this in parallel with my slow lane job I can still pay the bills whilst developing the necessary technical skills to bootstrap my fast lane idea when it is fully developed.

WAMBST

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Aug 14, 2015
Le Mans - France
Mid life crisis... "We have two lifes, the second begin when we understand that we have only one"...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...