The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ready to build my Fastlane!

jpa0827

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Feb 13, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
Hi Everyone! My name is Jim and I have just completed reading The Millionaire Fastlane . This has definitely become one of my favorite books. It has answered so many questions that other books have left open to interpretation. I knew at the age of 15 that I wanted to start a business. For the longest time, I thought Real Estate was what I wanted to get into, but it just isn't Fastlane enough as MJ says. I also read Rich Dad Poor Dad books when I was 15, which is what started my whole interest into entrepreneurship and real estate. Sadly I am now almost 27 and I haven't done anything about it, but I am determined to change that now.

I come from a very well known family owned construction business (My family builds highways for a living. Literal fastlanes :)) and I worked there from 11 years old up to about 2 years ago. My father wanted to make sure I hated his business, because its a very tough industry and he doesn't enjoy it anymore and wants me to make a living in a easier or at least less physical and political line of work. After working for him 2 years after graduating from college I decided to try something different because I was tired of doing all of the BS work so he could convince me to leave. I guess it finally worked. Now I am working at a large insurance agency selling commercial insurance. It's not a bad job, but it is definitely not the end game for me. Basically it just pays the bills. Barely!

The past few years I have really struggled with what I am going to do and this year in 2013 I made 3 very important goals. To get in great physical shape and eat healthier, to get engaged to my longtime girlfriend of 7+ yrs. and to start a business. So far as of this writing I have accomplished all but starting a business and I won't let January come again without me hitting my goals. Basically I think this has been a bit of a quarter life crisis in some sense. I spend hours upon hours reading and looking for what I am going to do to get into business. I have considered several start-up ideas, but have never found a great way to differentiate or gain a competitive advantage. Basically I would have just been cloning other businesses with my new name and logo. I didn't think that would be a solid plan. If I am wrong please tell me.

I currently have no experience with building websites and doing SEO, but I really would like to start an internet business, because I realize that this is the best way for me to get where I want to go. Currently considering a Lead Gen. business as one of the possibilities. I love to learn and this year will be my first attempt to ever consider doing an internet business. So hopefully I can make it happen.

MJ, I can't thank you enough for writing this book. I am super excited to read and participate in this forum. I truly hope I can kick myself in the a$$ to get started on my own personal Fastlane in the next couple months.

Looking forward to hearing from everyone!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jpa0827

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Feb 13, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
Its funny but now that I am reading my post from just a few days ago. I am realizing. Jim, the market doesn't give a shit that you want to start an internet based business. The forum and reading through all of the top members posts are really starting to rub off. Loving it! SO many great threads here.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...