The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ready For 2019

LeoRoosevelt48

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 31, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Hello, very excited to be a part of this community. I look forward to the years of growth and trials of entrepreneurship, and the freedom that is a result of hard work and dedication.

A little bit about me and my entrepreneurship journey:

I am currently 23, a recent college graduate with no debt. I am one of the few in my family that has gone to college and have found that college was a place for me to excel and apply myself. It was a place where I changed my life, and although it is a different perspective than many in this forum- I found college to be my first step in entrepreneurship.

In high school, I slacked off. I didn't study for exams, didn't do homework, etc. I felt lucky enough to go to college and receive a substantial scholarship which, paired with the various jobs I held, allowed me to graduate without any student loans. I arrived at college with the mindset that I was going to completely reinvent myself- and I did.

In my 4 years I held various leadership roles, such as President of my fraternity, President of SGA, TEDx speaker etc. I learned a lot of interpersonal and organizational skills that I believe directly translate into running business teams and management tactics. As I graduated in May of 2018, I wasn't sure what I wanted to do. I worked at my family's business with the idea that I was taking a gap year and before graduate school (Program would start October 2019) and would work in a corporate position until then.

Then I read the Millionaire Fastlane .

Mind you, I felt that I had it all worked out. I was 100% going to go to grad school, get a kick-a$$ corporate job, make 85,000+ starting out at a consulting firm, ready and willing to work 60 hour weeks and climb the corporate ladder. But as I heard MJ's words in my head I realized that I have so many other goals and dreams that I want to accomplish other than making money- and I genuinely believed that I would eventually pursue those dreams after I made money. But where does it all begin? When would I "begin" to chase my dreams? Would I wake up one day, 50 years old with dreams out the window and a mid life crisis?

No. Not me.

I still have hope to go to graduate school, mainly because even if I had a billion dollars, continuing a formal education is something I would want to do for myself. (Call me crazy but it is what it is) Plus theres a chance I could receive a large scholarship that would pay for all my expenses. I'm taking grad school as a day by day decision and waiting to hear back from my potential scholarships.

I want to build a business that I can manage while also in school and or traveling. I know that it takes a large amount of work, and time commitment, and trust me when I say I have a general plan thats preparing for different outcomes. But, as it stands, I find myself here today on this forum.

I have started Unscripted , and have 2 main goals for 2019:

1. Write a book about my experiences in college and how to find the best return on investment for tuition. (Describing how I gained leadership in college, and give tips and tools on how to succeed for people that believe college is their best path in life)
2. Start a digital marketing business

I have ideas for both that I will eventually elaborate further on, but seeing how this is an introductory post I just want to say I am excited for this community and the year ahead.

Happy New Year!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...