The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Reaching Financial Independence With a Laundromat!

Anything related to investing, including crypto

NVest

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
400%
Jan 23, 2020
I recently purchased a laundromat with the hopes that it would contribute to my financial independence. I currently work on contract and save a significant portion of my income, and this opportunity came up so I jumped on it.

The laundromat is very beat up but also very popular. I've never owned before so it is a learning curve, but the cash on cash return is so far phenomenal considering I just stop by every morning to check on the attendant, the store, and meet with customers.

My plans are to give the whole place a facelift, set up a wash dry fold service, and provide some newer machines, all purchased with the revenue from the laundromat.

Currently it grosses about 250k per year with a net of 80k. I'm confident I can double that with the wash dry fold, but time will tell
smile.gif

I'll be posting updates here and on youtube.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NVest

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
400%
Jan 23, 2020
Nice work! Did you purchase off a listing or was it off market? Did you get financing? What kind of diligence did you do?

Sounds exciting.

Yup, found it on bizBuySell and thought the price looked great for the revenue they were reporting (which ended up being inflated of course). I got an SBA loan thankfully, great terms. 5.6% 6 year term. Due dilligence was honestly excessive as I had an experienced lawer take care of a lot of it, but the main ones were last 12 months of utility bills, bank account transactions for the last 12 months, 3 years of tax returns, reviewing the existing leases and contracts, inspecting the laundromat, etc.

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I recently purchased a laundromat with the hopes that it would contribute to my financial independence. I currently work on contract and save a significant portion of my income, and this opportunity came up so I jumped on it.

The laundromat is very beat up but also very popular. I've never owned before so it is a learning curve, but the cash on cash return is so far phenomenal considering I just stop by every morning to check on the attendant, the store, and meet with customers.

My plans are to give the whole place a facelift, set up a wash dry fold service, and provide some newer machines, all purchased with the revenue from the laundromat.

Currently it grosses about 250k per year with a net of 80k. I'm confident I can double that with the wash dry fold, but time will tell
smile.gif

I'll be posting updates here and on youtube.

I'm excited to learn more about this. I've wanted to start buying properties like this myself.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
A LAUNDROMATTTTTTT:eek::fire: I have a thing for laundromats and I have no idea why, I've mentioned it several times here--
Following. How much did it cost you to buy it, if I may ask? I'm just curious. Is it popular because of it's location, or were the previous owners good neighbors/known?

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I purchased it for 225k, the owner was not able to take care of it and wanted to get out. I have a lot of people ask about it and made a pretty in depth video on it.

HOW I BOUGHT MY LAUNDROMAT

Oh sweet! I will watch it on my commute. I don't know what it is with me and laundromats! Haha

NVest

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
400%
Jan 23, 2020
Got a new update out, all of the walls are patched and primed, demo is done, new internet and phone service is getting installed, and I am shopping for new vending machines.

The video is mainly about how I structure my life to enable me to keep business ownership in line with my values and family vision, so check it out if you're interested in the topic.

View: https://youtu.be/xoKjXl80AA4

Sethamus

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Sep 13, 2019
Northshore area, New Orleans
Sounds like a good buy, there are two in the New Orleans area on bizbuysell that I saw a couple weeks ago. They looked like they had potential if I would have done due diligence, but was probably “asking” at the high end as they seemed very well kept up and 2-4 employees each. Not what I am looking for at the moment, but I saw the potential for someone with extra cash Similarly to storage units ...looking at you @TreyAllDay ;)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.