The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

RE management

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Hey guys. Been a while. I have been trying to get my new rental property refabbed and rented out. Man, getting people to do what they say they will do is difficult. I had the trees on the place cut back and am trying to get a roofer to replace the roof. Can't get the roofers to return my calls or make an estimate, yet.

Anyway, this is about my tree trimmer guy. He trimmed my trees last week and did exactly as I instructed him. Good job. OK, today I called to find out the bill for the final amount. I asked him if the guys that worked on my property were his employees or were they contract employees. They were contract employees. So I asked him to have his contract laborers each sign a release of lien for my protection when he pays them this Friday. I had a banker teach me about that potential problem many years ago. Well, they said that he would do it but they have never had to do it in all their years of being in business. Am I being too over cautious about this or am I doing my due diligence in protecting my interests?:cheers:

Greg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JesseO

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jul 25, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
You are not being too cautious at all. I am in a current situation that I can't really talk about right now, but it's a similar situation that went bad. I'm 98% sure that my arse is covered, but you can never be too cautious in this situation. Good job on thinking ahead and bringing this up! ++

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.