• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

RANT Rant: The lottery. Speeding down the Fastlane... in the wrong direction.

Discussion in 'Chat Scripted Dogma/Indoctrination' started by ChrisV, Oct 23, 2018.

1. ChrisV

ChrisV Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $11,331
    You see a dimly lit green sign. It reads “The Millionaire Fastlane”

Excited, you get on, and hit the throttle full speed. You’re in the fast lane and it feels GREAT. But all of a sudden you hear horns blaring at you from every direction. Drivers are throwing change at you and giving you the finger as you merrily zip along. You now notice the brake lights that are supposed to be red are all white and blinding you. In a panick you try as hard as you can to move over to the shoulder.

You.. are barreling down the Millionaire Fastlane in the wrong direction.

This is not slowlane. This is not Sidewalk. You’re going the wrong f*cking way.

I like to do work at my local library on Main Street. It’s quiet and they have access to scientific materials I wouldn’t otherwise. And every day I go across the street to this little deli to get a drink. Around here they call these “Bodegas.” They’re generally owner and operates by the low-income entrepreneurs in the area.

So why am I so agitated? It literally takes me FIFTEEN minutes to get a drink every day. Why? Because there are literary a LINE out the door of dipshits all buying lottery tickets. Filling them in, scratching them off, throwing them out, cashing them in.

IMG_0493.jpg
    IMG_0495.jpg IMG_0494.jpg
    [​IMG]

It’s so aggravating. Like I just want a drink and I have to wait for all you tears to waste your money? But then again, I shouldn’t complain because for everyone supporting the state in lottery money, it saves money in taxes. So matter of fact.. do your thing guys. They don’t call it ‘the idiot tax’ for nothing.

Oh and I didn’t actually wait 15 minutes for a drink.. I had the guy in back Ring me up cuz I’m a pimp.

Anyway, don’t play lotto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
  2. ZF Lee

ZF Lee Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,927
    Same thing in my university. No one is buying tickets, but young folks queue up for the 'free bucket of chicken' all day long.

Recently, we had email notifications sent to us from the uni. We are to evaluate and giving our opinions on our lecturers and uni facilities via a SETU survey, so that they can do adjustments. Good practice. I did actually see improvements in lecturers' methods from my first semester, compared to now.

However, I was shocked to find the student council having 'Free Ice Cream' giveouts to 'incentivize students to do the surveys.

WTF? Isn't better academic facilities and support a good enough incentive?

I swear my walking time has increased by ten minutes, when I move from class to class, with all these lines.

So, for getting drinks, while undisturbed by the lines, here's what you could do:
    1. See if the place has water dispensers. My place has DOZENS. Free or charge.

2. Go do your work near one as close as possible.

3. Bring a water bottle. Drink and refill as needed.

Suzanne Bazemore, Kak and ChrisV like this.
  3. ChrisV

ChrisV Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $11,331

View: https://youtu.be/QZGgywh0ZRs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kak and ZF Lee like this.
  4. Visionary96

Visionary96 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $35
    I'm in the UK and believe me, its just as bad over here! Almost every till now has about 10 different types of lottery and about 20 different types of scratchcards! Some of these are not particularly cheap either, I spotted one recently that costs £10 and the odds still are obscene to win anything remotely impressive. Madness.

Mrs. BRKb and ChrisV like this.
  5. Process

Process Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $575
    I've come to terms with the reality that most people are too pampered to ever think of how to add massive value... unless they need to in a pinch.

There's no sense in getting angry. Focus on adding value and finding the 20% or so of like-minded people.

ChrisV and 404profound like this.
  6. ChrisV

Rep Bank:
    $11,331
    Yea I’m mostly agitated because I have to wait.. it’s especially bad when getting gas.. like I just wanna gettin and out and there’s some a**hole playing 400 numbers he’s never gonna win

7. Lex DeVille

Lex DeVille CAUTION! I hurt people's feelings... Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $39,078
    You're agitated. He's hopeful. He's oblivious. You're enlightened. Yet, by your own words, you keep going to the same deli every day...

Doesn't take a psych major to figure out who's the real a**hole...

LuckyPup, Kingmaker, JAJT and 15 others like this.
  8. ChrisV

Rep Bank:
    $11,331
    Yea.. the a**hole is the loser who trolls the Fastlane forums all day with his “edgy” attitude. What are you, 16?

The Deli is the closest to the library I go to. There’s not another one for quite a distance.

So waiting is actually easier than walking 4 blocks

Don’t you have Upwork clients to harass for $6/job?

9. Lex DeVille

Lex DeVille CAUTION! I hurt people's feelings... Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $39,078
    Good luck psychology study guy. You're gonna need it if you hope to go fastlane before lottery guy.

10. ChrisV

Rep Bank:
    $11,331
    Thanks pseudoscience Upwork guy!

PS my goal isnt to go “Fastlane” my goal is to live out my purpose... although I do have a few checks that could pay your elance salary for months

[​IMG]

But that’s irrelevant.

Edit: meh, this post is a little tacky.. but whatever. This guy is like a Tumor.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
  11. AllenCrawley

AllenCrawley Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $70,581
    The value Lex has provided this forum far surpasses many including you. His posts are responsible for helping many people find their way to self-reliance yet you belittle that with smug remarks.

Kingmaker, NFT, JAJT and 20 others like this.
  12. Longinus

Longinus Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $13,420
    Lol, this and other behavior looks like very much like Ubermensch 2.0 to me. Always ignored the massive amount of worthless noisy threads, but gonna use the ignore function for real now.

13. ChrisV

Rep Bank:
    $11,331
    That’s great if other people find value in it. I personally think he’s got an attitude problem.

And I’m happy if people are being helped but the little twit follows my threads around posting dumb crap like the comments above.

Although he does add content to the site, I think the kid is a smug, rude, self indulgent twit. Like I’ve seen his threads.. people ask him genuine, legitimate questions then he will literally act like they’re stupid. Okay we get it. You’re an sinister edgy badass. Wow, you remind me of myself when I was 17.

So i have no issue with the content the kid posts.. i have an issue with smug little attitudes. And even that I don’t care about... just keep that sh*t away from me.

14. ChrisV

Rep Bank:
    $11,331
    No idea what that means but cool

anyway, back to lottery...

15. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $352,772
    Admin Post
    I don't understand.

Are we supposed to be impressed with $3,151?

If Lex is a tumor, then I guess it's one of those tumors that gives you superpowers.

For someone who claims to be so advanced in psychology, you must have missed the lesson on projection.

Deceiver, Nigel B, Kingmaker and 16 others like this.
  16. ChrisV

Rep Bank:
    $11,331
    Lol, no 5000 isn’t impressive at all. That’s just the picture I took. I generally don’t carry around 10s of thousands of dollars in cash... and actually that’s much more cash than I usually have. I didn’t say it was impressive... I said what was in my pocket was a few months of his Upwork salary. context is important.

this twit comes along trolling my thread now I’m the bad guy. Riiiiiggghhhhtttt.

17. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $352,772
    Admin Post
    A guy who used to post here full of arrogance, condescension and would randomly post unimpressive fistfuls of cash to justify his self-importance. He wasn't here to create value, he was here to justify his arrogance and self-anointed royalty among us peasants, and ultimately, recruit them into his money-chasing schemes. Anyone who questioned his ramblings was labeled a nitwit, a peasant, or an idiot.

We banned him.

And last I heard, he was in prison...

Deceiver, amp0193, Kingmaker and 19 others like this.
  18. ChrisV

Rep Bank:
    $11,331
    So that’s supposed to be comparable to me?

i’m “not here to create value,” but ” here to justify my arrogance and self-anointed royalty among peasants.” and “Anyone who questioned my ramblings was labeled a nitwit, a peasant, or an idiot.”

?

19. TylerH1994

TylerH1994 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $877
    If you find yourself in a hole..

Even if you disagree with some of the responses here, I think everyone understands the value Lex provides here. I enjoy some of your posts too.

As for the OP, I understand your point, but can't you just go somewhere else to get a drink? As much as your values differ from theirs, they don't owe you anything, and this post won't change their mindset. The lottery is a fun thing for some people, and as much as many believe it's wrong, it HAS changed some people's lives.

Of course the odds are low, but it's not like these people are oblivious to the fact. They just choose to do it anyways.

TinyOldLady likes this.
  20. ChrisV

Rep Bank:
    $11,331
    Yea i would get the drink elsewhere, but it’s the closest place. The drinks I buy are hard to find and the next closest place is like 4 blocks. I can get in my car and drive, but then lose my spot, etc.

But it’s a recurring thing, because a lot of times it’s when I get gas and these guys are playing a bunch of numbers so it’s not just this Deli.. it’s a lot of places.

But yes, I agree that Lex provides value to this forum. I just don’t think that’s an excuse or a ticket to just randomly be a c*nt in threads.

You don’t see me being a c*nt to everyone... and if you do I would hope you would call me out on it.

But yea, I hear you. You make valid points.

21. ChrisV

Rep Bank:
    $11,331
    And I don’t claim to be advanced in sh*t. There’s so much I don’t know. I’m passionate about the human brain, and have spent a lot of time understanding it, but I would never claim to be “so advanced”

I think I need to phase out my use of this forum. This is the second time YOU jumped on me over dumb sh*t... the first time being all upset about your writing style.

And you wonder why engagement on this site keeps going down down down

22. Ravens_Shadow

Ravens_Shadow I'm sorry... I couldn't resist. Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $16,184
    You post between 3-5 times in a row in most threads back to back without them being in a single post, which inflates the page count and makes things harder to get to the good stuff if there is any. Most of these posts contain very little value and contribute to the noise on the forum. Use your psychology background to tell me why I don't like this.

Most of your posts/threads contain endless videos and I wonder do you just sit around all day watching them?

You have over 80 threads, which is more than some of the top posters on here.

There have been a few instances where I've seen you sh*t on other posters for no apparent reason than they put a chink in your armor.

You flaunt your wad of cash thinking we'll be impressed. You say that you make more than someones upwork salary in order to one-up yourself.

Where is your Fastlane progress thread? All I see is a twitter link in your bio with f*ck all for engagement.

Kingmaker, JAJT, SMH and 10 others like this.
  23. TylerH1994

TylerH1994 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $877
    When they go low, you go high.

Siberia likes this.
  24. ChrisV

Rep Bank:
    $11,331
    Well first off, I don’t even know who you are.

Second off, if you don’t find value in my posts, ignore me.

Because there’s a lot of really good stuff in my posts if you look through them. You may not think so, but many many people message me saying they appreciate my posts. But if you’re not one of them it’s super easy to hit the ‘ignore’ button.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
  25. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke I am here for your DATA. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $2,976