The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Rank Decoding Engine for Link Building

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
I frequently get updates from Noble Samurai and they just directed their subscribers to this new software. It's a program produced by Crowd Mountain and explained by Michelle MacPhearson in her video.

As I understand it, the software ranks various websites by their authority (amount of recognition) that they have with Google. This is important when link building because Google is more prone to rank your website higher if your site is recognized by other big name websites. That's about as far as I dare go with the explanation.

Below is the link to the software download page. The video provides a good overview of the program's purpose.

http://www.crowdmountainsite.com/free-rank-decoding-engine/

I feel I should give credit to Noble Samurai who led me to it in the first place. Their link is below:

Noble Samurai » I wish we thought of this SEO software first…

Disclaimer: I don't profit from these links whatsoever. I just thought it might be useful for some of you guys.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
I downloaded it and put in some keywords I am interested in.

Trying to get a good understanding of it...

Basically, it will let you know which sites you should focus your link building efforts on and which will give you the best "bang for your buck", correct?

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
I downloaded it and put in some keywords I am interested in.

Trying to get a good understanding of it...

Basically, it will let you know which sites you should focus your link building efforts on and which will give you the best "bang for your buck", correct?

That's the way I understand it. This engine takes a search term and determines which sites Google ranks the highest so you can associate with them rather than a site that is way down the list.

I guess that in a way it's like name dropping. "I just got a call from so and so. I wonder if he's on the yacht or the jet today". :) People tend to imply their own importance with whom they associate, even though there is no legitimate basis for it.

If you have a site that is recognized by YouTube, then it’s more likely to catch Google’s attention. In contrast you would have a lower chance of recognition if your site was tied in to some other unknown site.

It looks like you have the idea. I hope you do, because that's about as far as I can go explaining it. :)

Please let me know if the program is helpful.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

attuk

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Apr 14, 2010
OK I thought the process was
1. Search for a keyword/s
2. get the top ranking sites
3. Get the first top ranking site's backlinks
4. Get the second top ranking site's backlinks
n. find the common backlinks for all the top ranking sites !

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
I think you're pretty much right according to what the video explains. Get the top ranked sites that are recognized by Google for your keyword and start connecting to them. This can be limited to the top sites only or carried on as far down the list as you want. Finding the common denominators is a plus.

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas

x9vjzs098u123rnl

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Jun 23, 2009
USA
That's the way I understand it. This engine takes a search term and determines which sites Google ranks the highest so you can associate with them rather than a site that is way down the list.

I guess that in a way it's like name dropping. "I just got a call from so and so. I wonder if he's on the yacht or the jet today". :) People tend to imply their own importance with whom they associate, even though there is no legitimate basis for it.

bingo! The big SEO gurus (Aaron Wall from SEObook and Rand Fishkin from SEOmoz) usually like to say that a backlink is like somebody recommending your site, and Google looks to see which sites are the most recommended.

OK I thought the process was
1. Search for a keyword/s
2. get the top ranking sites
3. Get the first top ranking site's backlinks
4. Get the second top ranking site's backlinks
n. find the common backlinks for all the top ranking sites !

Well, that's one link building strategy, but there's a lot out there. It can be very hard to get links from the top ranking sites. That's why internet marketers like Web 2.0 sites: it's like getting a backlink from a very high profile site, and the Web 2.0 properties themselves serve as tools in your sales arsenal.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.