• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

OFF-TOPIC Random Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic: Sports, Funnies, Pop-Culture' started by MJ DeMarco, Oct 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $352,732
    Admin Post
    I've already bought the land and are working on the blueprints. ;)

Obesity and health care are two of America's biggest industries. If you solve those problems, the economy takes a dive. Disease is a protected industry here. Just an FYI. :somber:

SYK, Suzanne Bazemore, ZF Lee and 7 others like this.
  2. garyfritz

garyfritz Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $4,003
    Totally agree. Whenever I visit Europe I just go nuts for the food, because it is REAL food, quality food, and it tastes so much better. I was just in Italy last spring and loved all the cheeses &etc that we essentially can't GET here. Here most people just want cheap and quantity. And because they eat so much and such poor quality, obesity is a real problem.

I don't see how you could miss it, if you've been that many places. There are plenty of homeless people here in my town of 160k in Colorado. I've seen tons of homeless in Portland, Seattle, California, almost every significant-sized city I've been to.

Suzanne Bazemore and MTF like this.
  3. sparechange

sparechange Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,391
    gallery-1467837454-screen-shot-2016-07-06-at-11621-pm.png

Is it wrong I wouldn't mind watching her do some pole dancing? Would love to see her try to climb one

Dramolion and DVU like this.
  4. KLaw

KLaw Silver Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,862
    Never been to any of the places you listed. Even if I did, I doubt I would see any because I probably wouldn't visit the parts of those places that the homeless roam.

5. garyfritz

garyfritz Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $4,003
    Hey, I wasn't hanging out in the Bowery. :smile: In my hometown, we get panhandlers in the main Old Town shopping area. (Only in the last 5-10 years, though...?) There's a mission on the outskirts of the central shopping area, plenty of homeless there. Portland has homeless folks all through the downtown area. You won't see any in residential areas or office parks, but downtown / open-air mall / etc spaces generally draw some.

I was amazed at how many homeless people there are in Tokyo, camped out in the parks &etc.

6. amp0193

amp0193 Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $47,686
    This is the whole U.S. Your findings are accurate.

Tons of obese people, sh*tty food choices, senseless sub-urban development, but incredible natural landmarks and wide open spaces.

ZF Lee, MTF and The Abundant Man like this.
  7. amp0193

amp0193 Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $47,686
    In Europe this summer, my favorite afternoon snack was Museli mixed with yogurt. Museli is like a cereal... grains/nuts/dried fruit... 100% awesome stuff. The store we went to had like 20+ different varieties.

I've only found one box of "museli" here, at Kroger. But it had 12g of added sugar per serving... about double what's in sugary kid's cereal.

It's a real disappointment. I have to check the sugar content of everything before I buy it. It gets old.

Dramolion likes this.
  8. garyfritz

Rep Bank:
    $4,003
    FWIW when I read your post I happened to have a box of Kroger muesli sitting in front of me -- only 5g added sugars. Still more than there should be, but better than 12.

I totally agree about "too much sugar in everything." Let me ADD the sugar if I want it!!

Dramolion and TinyOldLady like this.
  9. sparechange

Rep Bank:
    $3,391
    What do you guys think the lifespan reduction is for the average person that indulges in taste eating?

Currently an addict

10. The Abundant Man

The Abundant Man Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,852
    Current lifespan in the US is about 80. Korea it's high 80s. Okinawa is like 500.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

11. sparechange

Rep Bank:
    $3,391
    80 for a healthy person? How about an addict like me that demolishes donuts and pizza

12. lewj24

lewj24 Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,161
    If by taste eating you mean unhealthy eating then I would say maybe it takes 5 to 10 years off your life. Maybe a bit more. Not very much but your last years of life are going to be terrible. Tons of doctor visits, medications every day, always feeling like sh*t, needing surgery, going to the hospital, using a scooter at the grocery store, etc.

My grandma was very unhealthy her whole life (smoking and diet) and still made it to 79 years old. But the last 10 years of her life almost didn't count because of all her health conditions, surgeries, nursing homes, pills, hospice, and being bedridden for years. She didn't die early but her life did.

SMH, Kingmaker, Tommo and 1 other person like this.
  13. Longinus

Longinus Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $13,420
    Perhaps you would have more success if you search "muesli" ;)

Quaker Oats has many different kinds, I thought Quaker was American?

TinyOldLady likes this.
  14. The Abundant Man

The Abundant Man Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,852
    60s-70s probably. Maybe high 50s. Chance of some long term chronic disease not just lifespan reduction. Poor quality of life

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

sparechange likes this.
  15. amp0193

Rep Bank:
    $47,686
    Haven't seen any here. I'll look again.

16. Longinus

Longinus Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $13,420
    OT: GDPR is not cold yet and my country wants to keep fingerprints of all its citizens to their ID.

You know, "if you have nothing to hide, you don't have to worry". It's basically ok to violate GDPR for "safety reasons".

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  17. sparechange

Rep Bank:
    $3,391

Apple is kinda doing this already with the fingerprint password.

Ya think they're not sharing that info? hA!

Dramolion likes this.
  18. garyfritz

Rep Bank:
    $4,003
    I don't believe Quaker sells a muesli in the US. But their "Simply Granola" should give you an idea of what we're working with: 13g sugar in a 50g portion. Which, if I'm not mistaken, means that "healthy cereal" is 1/4 sugar.

Oh wait! They DO make a "Raisin Date Almond" muesli. And, **shock**, it has ZERO added sugar. That's almost unheard-of from a mainstream US cereal manufacturer, for anything but plain oats or other basic-ingredient cereals. I'll have to try it.

@amp0193, there are other options that are probably available at Kroger. Familia makes a no-added-sugar muesli (green box, not red), and so does Bob's Red Mill. There are probably others. Your best bet, though, would be to make your own. It's easy, and then you can custom-blend the ingredients you like.

amp0193 and Longinus like this.
  19. Maxboost

Maxboost Silver Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,274
    Anyone else play baccarrat? I won 10-15 sessions in a row by doing the opposite of what other people are doing....lol

20. Tommo

Tommo Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,130
    Just my opinion but use almond milk or soy milk with the muesli. If the idea is to eat healthy. Please read about plant based diets. Joel fuhrman is the best first step.

21. Longinus

Rep Bank:
    $13,420
    The difference is, nobody is forced by law to use Apple.

SMH, jon.M, TinyOldLady and 2 others like this.
  22. IceCreamKid

IceCreamKid With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $128,602
    >High IQs build nice place
    >Low IQs notice there's a nice place
    >Low IQs move to that place
    >Low IQs outbreed the natives
    >High IQs move away
    >Place that was awesome becomes trash
    >High IQs build a nice place

Cycle repeats.

High IQs flee and build, low IQs follow & destroy.

What I'm curious to know now is where are the high IQ individuals from Arizona and Texas moving to? I want to move to an isolated area, but I've somewhat handcuffed myself with a location dependent biz.

23. becks22

becks22 90% coffee, 10% everything else Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $3,064
    I get mine an Aldi's if you have one near you. I don't have Kroger here. I actually get most of my groceries at Aldi's. Since it's a German company, I tend to get better quality food there I think.

amp0193 likes this.
  24. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke I am here for your DATA. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $2,976
  25. amp0193

Rep Bank:
    $47,686
    I'll look in the Bob's Red Mill section next time... don't think I've seen it there previously.

Yes, I could make my own... but it takes time! Good idea though.