• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

OFF-TOPIC Random Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic: Sports, Funnies, Pop-Culture' started by MJ DeMarco, Oct 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. ManlyMansNegator

ManlyMansNegator Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $468
    Nanotechnology with bullet evading capabilities would be horrifying.The response time of each particle is most likely in microseconds, imagine firing at an object which simply evades the bullets as a whole.Thousands of weapons would be useless in the art of war... in seconds.

ZF Lee and YoungPadawan like this.
  2. ManlyMansNegator

ManlyMansNegator Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $468
    RIP Died at 65... but i thought stocks were supposed to kick in around 65.

No worries ill be one of the lucky few /s

3. Longinus

Longinus Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $13,440
    Soundtrack for this thread:

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  4. Ninjakid

Ninjakid Platinum Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,591
    Valyrian steel :smile:

Connor, Bearcorp and YoungPadawan like this.
  5. Dramolion

Dramolion New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $32
    Not everyone has relatives everywhere, and most airplane customers have enough money.
    Off course you'd be targeting high-class customers.

6. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $352,367
    Admin Post
    Been thinking about hiring a house cleaner.

Recently received a direct mail advertisement from a cleaning company.

The ad was effective enough to get me interested to investigate the company, perhaps calling and hiring.

As I wrote in Unscripted, "advertising" more than likely indicates a productocracy doesn't exist and the company NEEDS advertising to survive.

I want to do business with productocracies, not marketers.

In my investigation at Yelp and other places, this company pretty much had the worst online reviews of all the cleaning companies.

As I wrote in Unscripted and explored via the productocracy concept, if your company can't survive without advertising, you're running a marketing company.

Midas, Daniel Davis, SMH and 17 others like this.
  7. YoungPadawan

YoungPadawan Miles to go before I sleep Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,261
    Does Lightning McQueen buy car insurance, or life insurance?

If oil is made from dinosaurs, and plastic is made from oil, plastic dinosaurs are made from real dinosaurs.

2006 is as far away as 2030.

[​IMG]

SMH, Ninjakid, Connor and 5 others like this.
  8. MTF

MTF Never give up Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $70,148
    Conference/networking rant...

I'm at my first conference ever. Thought it would be a casual event with cool business people interested in hanging out, but so far I've mostly met "transformational" coaches, people into spirituality, and other weird stuff (one guy was telling me about his dog reincarnating after 6 months - I thought he was joking, but he was dead serious) as well as people giving talks just to pitch something (with a website straight out of the 90s).

Then there's all the noise and far too many people around, making it extremely hard to connect with anyone except for those I got to know online prior to the event. Also, I can't stand all the "where are you from" questions and vapid small talk.

Glad I didn't have any huge expectations. I suspected this would happen, so I'm not really that disappointed, but it's still a good lesson. I went to this conference primarily to meet people I already knew and as a sort of a "test drive" to be better prepared for the Fastlane summit. If it happens, I'm pretty sure it will be 10000x better than this.

Right now, I can say, based on my personal experience, that big conferences (with more than perhaps 100-150 people) are largely a waste of time for me. Better to connect with select people online and just meet one-on-one or in a small group.

Midas, lowtek, SMH and 10 others like this.
  9. Neng Her

Neng Her Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $11
    Holy Cow,

Tony Robbins just asked me to go on tour, I'm so stoked. But why is there a link to buy and subscribe only? Hmmm ;p Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 8.13.25 PM.png

Andy Black likes this.
  10. socaldude

socaldude Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $10,037
    New pet store opened up at my local mall.

Walked in and Labrador retrievers, French bull dogs, Winnie dogs go for around $4K.

Oh and there is also the option of buying it in payments.:rofl:

Why don't people just go to the local shelter and adopt a dog?

KLaw, SMH, TheCj and 6 others like this.
  11. jon.M

jon.M Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $45
    B-b-but we're allergic to money!

SMH likes this.
  12. jon.M

jon.M Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $45
    Are you a competitive person? Or a result-driven person?

Although it might not sound too meaningful, I think it's an interesting distinction. If you're competitive you want to become better in order to beat others. If you're result-driven, you've got internal motivation to become better for the sake of achieving a better result.

SMH, Andy Black and Dramolion like this.
  13. TinyOldLady

TinyOldLady Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $96
    At the beginning I thought this thread will be boring, but its quite entertaining and interesting :smile:
    (well, that was my random thought contribution here :smile2:)

Andy Black and MJ DeMarco like this.
  14. ZF Lee

ZF Lee Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,887
    Something kept hammering me for weeks. Oddly, it was from my uni classes.

My marketing lecturer is a 20-year veteran in B2B, consulting for automotive and communications companies in Australia.

His lectures were filled with tales of his time arranging research and focus group sessions for corporate clients. Of course, 90% of my cohort were kids that just wanted to pass the course and disappear, so naturally, they were getting stoned and glazing over.

On a recent lecture surrounding the topic of marketing intermediaries, he said something significant:
    'The 4Ps of marketing (price, promotion, product and place) are the end result of a lot of work behind the scenes. The 4Ps are the WHAT of marketing. The question is, HOW? How did it all get there?'

How did the fresh fish get sent to the wet market?

How did the bricks and steel get shipped to construction sites?

Bought at what price? At what arrangement? For what purpose?

In other words, marketing relies heavily on the supply chain and supplier partner management side of things. Which is probably an iteration of the Commandment of Entry by itself.

SMH and MJ DeMarco like this.
  15. Tommo

Tommo Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,115
    Anyone who says here that they are an entrepreneur deserves credit for even spelling it correctly

Kyle Thumm and ZF Lee like this.
  16. B. Cole

B. Cole Stop me. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,384
    I’m extremely excited about the potential of it in healthcare, more specifically - in longevity. I follow the SENS foundation and a few other organizations hell bent on disrupting the aging process. I have issues with dying one day. Call me weird.

TheCj and YoungPadawan like this.
  17. B. Cole

B. Cole Stop me. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,384
    This is my random thought/gripe for the day. The vast majority of people in this world absolutely suck at calling you back, answering their phones, follow up, etc.

The manufacturer that I was in love with because they were so responsive and Innovative minded, has been non responsive for 2 weeks.

It seems to be the culture in 90% of the places I’ve worked with so far. Literally throwing design money and a plan forecasting 10K units for next year at them, and I can’t get them back on the phone. They are screwing up my timeline bad.

MTF, ZF Lee, MJ DeMarco and 1 other person like this.
  18. MTF

MTF Never give up Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $70,148
  19. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $352,367
    Admin Post
    Spent Friday afternoon with @AllenCrawley trolling the desert.

Afterward, Allen echoed how cool it was to spend the day in the desert (to him "business was closed") but his business still made money, because it's truly open 24/7/365.

Fastlane baby!

IMG_0510.JPG IMG_0511.JPG IMG_0498.JPG IMG_0497.JPG IMG_0494.JPG IMG_0492.JPG IMG_0491.JPG

SMH, Daniel A, Midas and 13 others like this.
  20. AllenCrawley

AllenCrawley Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $70,446
    I had a blast. A much-needed renewal of the spirit and mind.

IMG_8024.JPG IMG_8034.JPG IMG_8048.JPG

FREEDOM!

SMH, Daniel A, Midas and 12 others like this.
  21. Ninjakid

Ninjakid Platinum Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,591
    I kinda miss the old internet around 2005.

it was like the Wild West, nothing had as much of a grand meaning. People just put stuff online because they thought it was cool. Was less serious. You could only access it through PC, and the internet was like this mysterious and esoteric no-man's land that few people understood.

Now it's just like Disneyland. Safer than ever, but the fun is taken out of it. Every place you visit someone is trying to get you to subscribe to an email list. Everything has some political agenda, there's a premium version for more content...

yeah the old internet was fun, but YouTube and Wikipedia is pretty cool, not to mention this forum.

Daniel A, SMH, ZF Lee and 9 others like this.
  22. Limitless4Life

Limitless4Life Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $988
    I always wondered why there are no gyms in airports. Or ‘nap rooms’. I’d pay $10/hr for a bed in the airport instead of laying on the ground using my backpack as a pillow.

Imagine hitting heavy weights/cardio then sauna before your flight? Grab a juice/protein shake on the way out... That would be sick. Something rich people would pay a premium for because it’s a better use of time than sitting around.

23. YoungPadawan

YoungPadawan Miles to go before I sleep Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,261
    Ah, I remember those days. I miss them. I remember when YouTube first came out.

Andy Black likes this.
  24. Connor

Connor Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $426
    They have nap rooms in many airports- Minute Suites is one of the brands.

But I like the idea of gyms! That would be pretty sweet to get a workout in. Some of the lounges (i.e. AmEx Centurion) have a spa, but I haven't seen any with a workout facility.

Andy Black likes this.
  25. Yzn

Yzn Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $112
    How old were you then if you don't mind me asking?