The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
This is hilarious and so true

I actually got banned from reviews and answers on Amazon because I have all my own products 5 stars back when I was going print on demand in college.

Honestly, it gave me the option, and who reads the entire Amazon terms?
7B2C4194-DBF1-468C-8691-F9FCF3D71D97.jpeg
Jeff Bezos is angry with you

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
uhhhh

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

My new hero.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAOCnDMGdKU

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
F*ck all of the Covid conspiracy nut jobs. F*ck all of the sheep as well.
If you are either:
A. Extremely against vaccines, masks etc., you are a card-carrying cult member.
B. Extremely for vaccines and masks etc., you are also a card-carrying cult member.

The conviction on both sides is absolutely laughable. I see people share news about vaccines and how terrible they are, like they 100% believe this is a fact. That gets shared by hundreds of thousands, only to research and find out it comes from a propaganda website.

People say vaccines are safe/ not safe. I honestly HAVE NO IDEA.

So in Australia - Out of 3.6 million doses, 210 deaths due to the vaccine. How many deaths if 3.6 million catch covid? I would say much more than 210.

But this also brings into question the validity of the Covid positive cases using PCR. I found conspiracy/whatever you want to call them videos on the inventor saying PCR can basically find anything if you want them to. Still, these are only clips and don't play a full video that can be easily taken out of context.

The problem is, I have no idea what to believe, and both sides of the fence seem like utter nutjobs to me.
The Information is fed to us seems to be the issue.

Last edited:

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Only a crazy conspiracy theorist wouldn't trust these guys

"Pfizer Inc PFE.N on Tuesday said it has reached a $486 million settlement of litigation accusing it of causing big losses for shareholders by concealing safety risks associated with its Celebrex and Bextra pain-relieving drugs."

"Facing thousands of lawsuits alleging that its talc caused cancer, J&J insists on the safety and purity of its iconic product. But internal documents examined by Reuters show that the company's powder was sometimes tainted with carcinogenic asbestos and that J&J kept that information from regulators and the public."

"The United States contends that AstraZeneca promoted the unapproved uses by improperly and unduly influencing the content of, and speakers, in company-sponsored continuing medical education programs. The company also engaged doctors to give promotional speaker programs on unapproved uses for Seroquel and to conduct studies on unapproved uses of Seroquel. In addition, the company recruited doctors to serve as authors of articles that were ghostwritten by medical literature companies and about studies the doctors in question did not conduct. AstraZeneca then used those studies and articles as the basis for promotional messages about unapproved uses of Seroquel."

Yeh, dude I know all about the drug companies.

Conspiracy was a word created to make people sound crazy.

I'm just saying that the extreme view on both sides smells of the crazies.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Are there any good threads on this forum about where to find ambitious / interesting people? Potential business partners, people to spar with, people to do exciting stuff, with, etc.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Are there any good threads on this forum about where to find ambitious / interesting people? Potential business partners, people to spar with, people to do exciting stuff, with, etc.

I once posted this:

But to be honest I suck at it.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

another niche business idea I think about a lot but probably don't have time for:

hot weather work clothes.

Welders and construction workers need clothing that protects them but can keep them cool in warm climates.

Hell, even though I work in an office I still have to wear pants instead of shorts in case I go to the jobsite.

This is a need.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

This was pretty funny, hopefully makes some kids switch Coke to water.

LOL. I never understood why companies think it's a good idea to give athletes during a freaking sports event some crappy sugary drink. It's like a beer company sponsoring an AA potluck.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
This is how bad people's social skills are now:

From Virtual Selling by Jeb Blount:

"The sales profession's aversion to talking with people had become so dire that over the past five years, at least half of Sales Gravy's training and consulting engagements have been focused on one thing: teaching and compelling salespeople to pick up the damn phone."

Even F*cking salespeople don't like talking to people. Things are that bad.

To anyone who wants to start a business: you have no competition.

More from Jeb Blount:

"The problem with getting salespeople to use the phone is so prevalent that powerful and sophisticated, omnichannel sales engagement engines, including VanillaSoft, HubSpot Sales Pro, Outreach, and SalesLoft, have become little more than expensive ways for salespeople to send thousands of automated emails cloaked under the guise of sales activity."

Regarding benchmarks (also Jeb Blount):

"Back in January while delivering a two-day Fanatical Prospecting Bootcamp for 200 healthcare sales professionals, we ran live telephone prospecting blocks. The exercise was simple. I asked them to make 15 outbound dials in 15 minutes with the goal of setting one appointment."

Last edited:

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Do any of you cold call consistently? I made 30 of them today, and only one person picked. The names on the voicemails matched 70-80% of the time, so it was a quality data set. People just didn't pick up.

Enterprise sales.

I have severe irritability, grumpiness and anxiety.

Im thinking about trying meditation.

What is the best way for me to get started trying to meditate if I have never done it before?

Just like a baby step to try and relax and focus

A few questions: 1) How much sleep do you get each night? 2) What is your diet like 3) What is your exercise routine like? 4) How much time do you spend around close family and friends? 5) How much sun do you get?

I think that meditation is the wrong answer to stuff like this. Meditation has its place, but in this case, I think that the answer to stress is more stress.

Like I mentioned above, I was cold calling earlier, and the first one was terrifying (it took me 30 minutes to actually pick up the phone), but they got much easier after the first 5. I even felt dramatically more relaxed while out in public. I used to have similar experiences when I would hit on women in public places - the more I did it, the less stress I felt.

Over the last few years, the worst stress that I felt was the result of not gaining traction on my goals, which was mostly due to a lack of clarity. Perhaps you're in a similar boat.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Last edited:
G

Guest-5ty5s4

Talking to some friends the other day about Ronaldo and the Coca Cola thing, we ended up talking about Ronaldo vs Warren Buffett.

Everyone agreed they would rather be Ronaldo than Buffett, lol.

Curious if anyone would ever choose otherwise

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
G

Guest-5ty5s4

The biggest advantage the communists have?

Their unity.

in spite of all the other dumb shit they say and do, the fact they stick together to screw everybody over makes them highly effective at it.

I’m not disagreeing with the article. It’s just something I notice.

The D’s all fall in line with their fire and pitchforks while the R’s bicker and argue.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
How big of a business would you be comfortable owning while still having a full time position somewhere else? And why?

None.

I hate people.

I rather work part-time. Pay my low bills. Create my business. Become sustainable. Then bounce my part-time job.

or I could just sit in a corner and blame YOU for my so unfortunate life.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
I absolutely cannot believe there is a market and people are purchasing "mouse movers" on amazon. Small devices that cause your mouse to randomly move to make it appear that you are at your desk.

There is so much to unpack here.

The fact that people can get their work done, but their management requires them to be at their computers and "active" is a sad state of where we are. Personally, if people are getting the work done I don't care if they work 20 hours or 50 hours. As long as the things that need to be done are being completed.
The problem is, most people are NOT getting work done and are using mouse movers to make it seem like they're working which is even more sad.

My cousins were "bragging" about how they have auto clickers to make it seem like they're working while they're playing Xbox or scrolling their lives away on Tik Tok.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
What is the meaning of this odd text that this anonymous Twitter bro posted?

“don’t go to ___’s wedding” ??

the dude who posted was supposed to be the best man at a wedding, but the bride didn't want him there because he wasn't vaxxed, so he was uninvited (it's in the rested of the Twitter thread)

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I second this. It’s an awakening. If some of you think conservativism makes more sense than liberalism, you will land on at least minarchism after reading Anatomy Of The State.
this perfectly describes the idea of "trade-based" vs. "force-based" government.

One grows the pie, and the other uses threats and violence to divide it up.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I'm in the exact same boat. I pulled up an old Trello board that I had made in 2019 with a few goals I had set for myself and I haven't achieved a single one. If anything I'm further from them. And it is soul crushing.

I'd kill to be 27 and on this forum. I'm 38 and everything is slipping away.

I'm in a dead end slow lane 11 hour a day job and I just feel hopeless about the future. This current job is killing my health and I'll be lucky to be alive at 45 by this point.
just quit and find another job at least. one with better hours. screw the pay if that's why you're staying!

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Hey @WillHurtDontCare

What do you think of this? Tonal

I have room for this in my office and it looks like I could get a great workout on it. Seems like the Peloton of strength training.

Depends on your goals and your constraints. If you want to get seriously strong, then you need barbells. If you want to put on serious muscle, then you need barbells, dumbbells, cable machines, and various other accessory machines.

If you have the space, you could grab barbells, a squat rack, some plates, and a few accessory machines for less than $3K.

Regarding safety, the image below worries me. If you get it, I'd invest in some bumper bars to make sure that it doesn't strangle you (serious).

My recommendation would be to build your own gym with more equipment, BUT, if you have $3K to spare and you're just looking to add equipment that would let you work out in your office, I'd say try it out. You could probably get an OK beginner routine and make intermediate progress on some exercises on this thing.

Though, definitely check out the reviews and see if anyone has been seriously injured using this thing.

1624471989532.png

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.