• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Quote of the Day - QOTD

Discussion in 'General Mindset, Motivation, Beliefs' started by Daniel A, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $162,053
    I literally laughed out loud.

Tommo, SMH, Daniel A and 1 other person like this.
  2. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $162,053
    Ooo. I like this. Alvin has a knack of explaining things...

3. Andy Black

Rep Bank:
    $162,053
    /dropsmic

Seriously, that just summed up the whole “give me the steps” thing.

4. maverick

maverick Unorthodox Nonconformist Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,632
    [​IMG]

5. Madame Peccato

Madame Peccato Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $182
    Old Wolof (Senegalese) proverb:

Better to walk than curse the road

If you have a problem (the road), better solve it (walking) than complaining (cursing) about it.

Tommo, SMH, Iammelissamoore and 4 others like this.
  6. Roz

Roz Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $307
    IMG_20180901_095349.jpg

Andy Black, AllenCrawley, SMH and 5 others like this.
  7. Silver Silk

Silver Silk Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $685
    "If things seem under control you are not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

That one is taken from the millionaire fast lane, I've had to go back to the book because i need to get myself into gear. I find myself in a decent "job" that pays okay and I'm just getting sucked into the rat race year by year. I have the option to go to uni for free to study civil engineering part-time for five years and work WILL pay for all the fees.

However, this means i can't leave the company for 3 years after i complete the course or else I pay all the fees back so I'm not sure if i should just get the degree because its free but i won't have much if any free time to work on the fast lane.

I came to the forum wanting to build massive wealth but in the years since I've read the first book, the rat race has kept me on the hamster wheel, it's so hard to mentally break free. I still do but a free degree sounds good too. Have I been brainwashed?!

Tommo and Daniel A like this.
  8. Silver Silk

Silver Silk Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $685
    “Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you’re a man, you take it.” – Malcolm X

9. Vanderbilt

Vanderbilt Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,173
    Great men are like eagles, and build their nest on some lofty solitude. ~Arthur Schopenhauer

SMH, SoP, Siberia and 1 other person like this.
  10. Vanderbilt

Vanderbilt Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,173
    The wise have always said the same things, and fools, who are the majority have always done just the opposite.
    ~Schopenhauer

Siberia and Daniel A like this.
  11. RazorCut

RazorCut Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $13,377
    lol nice. :smile2:

Reminds me of:

The-only-impossible-journey-is-the-one-you-never-begin.jpg

12. Andy Black

Rep Bank:
    $162,053
    So that’s 5 years of the course, plus another 3 years? 8 years of your life? In exchange for what?

13. Silver Silk

Rep Bank:
    $685
    In exchange for not for what i want... im working on the plan to get me closer to my goals everyday and im taking your words on board, when a wise man speaks, you have to listen.

Daniel A and Andy Black like this.
  14. Suzanne Bazemore

Suzanne Bazemore Act until echo. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $331
    Some things to consider:
    1. When do you have to decide? How long will your company's offer stand?
    2. Could you delay your decision for, say, a year, so you can heavily devote yourself to doing what pleases you more and see if that year of drive helps you have clarification.
    3. Since you'd have to pay it back if you don't stay for three years, would you want the degree if you paid for it yourself? (The future is unpredictable. What if your future life circumstances don't enable you to stay right where you are for 8 years?)
    4. If you wouldn't want it if you had to pay for it yourself, then to me, that tells you something. The degree isn't free. You would be exchanging A LOT of time for it. Time = Life. Only you can decide if it's worth spending your life to achieve that goal.

I don't think getting the degree is bad, because you might learn something that you can develop into a business, but you have to decide if you want it or need it.

Daniel A and Silver Silk like this.
  15. Silver Silk

Rep Bank:
    $685
    First of all thanks for the taking the time to offer guidance, I have until the march next year but i already told my management that I won't be furthering my education through university. I could delay my decision a year but that's not what I need to do, what I need to do is build a business and increase my skills. I wouldn't pay for the degree myself because 9k a year for university is a lot of money for something that im not even sure ill need in my future, hence why I decided not to go previously after school. The trade then didn't seem good then and the trade doesn't seem good now, even though its free is not worth it.

Its not worth it at all, im learning skills to build a business, wont be easy but at the end of the day i cant stand for mediocrity, the thought of an average life is a horrific nightmare.

Daniel A and Suzanne Bazemore like this.
  16. Olimac21

Olimac21 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,255
    The quieter you become,the more you can hear.

17. S.Y.

S.Y. Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,557
    "... you simply won’t know what’s needed until you need it. The odds of picking the right weapons before they’re needed are about as far-fetched as someone picking pepper spray and plastic for the forest. In the end, we confuse preparation and busywork for execution, when the real mettle comes from entering the forest and experiencing firsthand what the game demands."

@MJ DeMarco, does this sound familiar?

@Andy Black will ask you What if we already know enough?

Dramolion, Daniel A, Roz and 4 others like this.
  18. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $352,642
    Admin Post
    Sure does, it's a great lesson, found in Unscripted, page 305 if anyone cares. I will post a thread on it.

19. Danny Sullivan

Danny Sullivan Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,093
    From the book King, Warrior, Magician, Lover from Robert Moore & Douglas Gillette (which is an excellent book btw.)

The Warrior traditions all affirm that, in addition to training, what enables a Warrior to reach clarity of thought is living with the awareness of his own imminent death. The warrior knows the shortness of life and how fragile it is. A man under the guidance of the Warrior knows how few his days are. Rather than depressing him, this awareness leads him to an outpouring of life-force and to an intense experience of his life that is unknown to others. Every act counts. Each deed is done as if it were the last. “There is no time for anything but meaningful acts if we live with death as our eternal companion.” There is no time for hesitation. This sense of the imminence of death energizes the man accessing the Warrior energy to take decisive action. This means that he engages life. He never withdraws from it. He doesn’t ‘think too much,’ because thinking too much can lead to doubt, and doubt to hesitation, and hesitation to inaction. Inaction can lead to losing the battle.

This part get's me fired up all the time.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018 at 3:55 AM
  20. Tommo

Tommo Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,125

Daniel A likes this.
  21. struka

struka Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $187
    I really enjoy reading quotes but there are some quotes that really get you moving. The quote below may seem wrong but just think about it.... when you are trying to decide if you should start a new business, go with the new idea in your head, making that cold call you've been dreading, or ask the girl out you've been eyeing, just do it. the time is now because tomorrow might not be here.

"You're going to die" - Me, Bob Dylan, and many others as it isn't unique but gets the message across

(Even MJ talks about something similar in his book)

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018 at 10:05 AM
  22. Danny Sullivan

Danny Sullivan Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,093
    "Be here now" - Andy Whitfield

There's a movie with the exact same name: "Be here now" on netflix. You might appreciate it or get some enlightment from it.

Daniel A likes this.
  23. struka

struka Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $187
    Thanks Danny, I will have to add it to my list.

Daniel A likes this.
  24. Suzanne Bazemore

Suzanne Bazemore Act until echo. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $331
    What a great quote! Thank you for sharing it.

Daniel A likes this.