• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Quote of the Day - QOTD

Discussion in 'General Mindset, Motivation, Beliefs' started by Daniel A, Dec 16, 2015.

1. msufan

msufan Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $675
    I love this! It mirrors the Einstein quote: “The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.”

Daniel A, jon.a and Andy Black like this.
  2. Jason "GrandK"

Jason "GrandK" Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $405
    “Whatever an education is, it should make you a unique individual, not a conformist; it should furnish you with an original spirit with which to tackle the big challenges; it should allow you to find values which will be your roadmap through life; it should make you spiritually rich, a person who loves whatever you are doing, wherever you are, whomever you are with; it should teach you what is important, how to live and how to die.”
    John Taylor Gatto, Dumbing us Down: The Hidden Curriculum of Compulsory Schooling

“This was once a land where every sane person knew how to build a shelter, grow food, and entertain one another. Now we have been rendered permanent children. It’s the architects of forced schooling who are responsible for that.”
    John Taylor Gatto, Dumbing Us Down: The Hidden Curriculum of Compulsory Schooling

3. ApparentHorizon

ApparentHorizon Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,995
    Ford, whose electrical engineers couldn’t solve some problems they were having with a gigantic generator, called Steinmetz in to the plant. Upon arriving, Steinmetz rejected all assistance and asked only for a notebook, pencil and cot. According to Scott, Steinmetz listened to the generator and scribbled computations on the notepad for two straight days and nights. On the second night, he asked for a ladder, climbed up the generator and made a chalk mark on its side. Then he told Ford’s skeptical engineers to remove a plate at the mark and replace sixteen windings from the field coil. They did, and the generator performed to perfection.

Henry Ford was thrilled until he got an invoice from General Electric in the amount of $10,000. Ford acknowledged Steinmetz’s success but balked at the figure. He asked for an itemized bill.

Steinmetz, Scott wrote, responded personally to Ford’s request with the following:

Making chalk mark on generator $1.

Knowing where to make mark $9,999.

Ford paid the bill.

Daniel A, Siberia, Arun Siva and 3 others like this.
  4. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $151,769
    Ah... this should be the moto of marketing consultants everywhere.

Daniel A, Siberia and jon.a like this.
  5. Arun Siva

Arun Siva in process 大君 of the bourgeoisie Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,784
    "If your not needed, your just not needed." ~ arun siva

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Daniel A, Siberia and jon.a like this.
  6. Danny Sullivan

Danny Sullivan New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $47
    I think this was somewhere hidden in between MJ's books and even though i've heard it in similar ways before, this just hits the nail on the head and is what scares me to death and keeps me pushing when i feel low-spiritedly.

"Looking back on life full of regrets sucks."

There are the goosebumps again.

Daniel A, Jason "GrandK" and jon.a like this.
  7. Jason "GrandK"

Jason "GrandK" Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $405
    “Don’t expect to be motivated every day to get out there and make things happen. You won’t be. Don’t count on motivation. Count on Discipline.”
    Jocko Willink, Discipline Equals Freedom: Field Manual

“No more. No more. NO MORE. No more excuses. No more: “I’ll start tomorrow.” No more: “Just this once.” No more accepting the shortfalls of my own will. No more taking the easy road. No more bowing down to whatever unhealthy or unproductive thoughts float through my mind. No. No more. No more waiting for the perfect moment and no more indecision and no more lies. No more weakness. No. No more. Now is the time for strength. And through strength— and through will— and through unwavering discipline— I will become what I want to be. I will become who I want to be. And then—and only then—will I rest and say: No more.”
    Jocko Willink, Discipline Equals Freedom: Field Manual

Vanderbilt, Daniel A and jon.a like this.
  8. RoyRogers

RoyRogers Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $201
    It is Not over, till you win.

Siberia, Daniel A and jon.a like this.
  9. Vanderbilt

Vanderbilt Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,983
    ~Just remember, you can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets.~ By Arnold Schwarzenegger

Siberia and Daniel A like this.