The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Quit my job back in October, with no plans to ever work for anyone again!

Striver

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Mar 23, 2017
USA
Hello, all!

I broke both my feet last Summer, and when it came time to go back to work, I decided not to!

As I started to heal, and could move around some, I started getting more serious about something I had always dabbled in...online sales. For my niche, I quickly realized that I could work about 2 hours a day and make as much as I was, previously, working 10-12 hours a day at my job. Honestly, I would have even quit for a paycut(no family or big bills), just to free up my time. Like @MJ DeMarco stresses in the book... FREEDOM! It's more important to me than money, really, but I am going to use all this free time to exploit other ideas. Either ramp up my current business, and have someone run it, or a true Fastlane approach.. I have one decent idea to "affect millions".

Looking forward to conversin' with the lot of you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Baku85

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Mar 19, 2017
Spain
Great and all best ! Btw. What is your niche ?

Enviado desde mi SM-A510F mediante Tapatalk

Under-Dog

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Jan 16, 2015
So.Cal
Welcome! There are plenty of GOLD threads on here about selling online. I'm sure you can find great value there.

Electronics? Are you trying to resale name brand? Private label? Develop? What is your angle on that?

Striver

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Mar 23, 2017
USA
Thanks! I've read a couple AMAs on here that were really eye-opening! Right now I'm reselling branded stuff. I've contacted several people from china before to have me something designed (that lots of people want, but no one offers), that is similar to a current product, but all they did was ask me if I had seen their current products. I got pissed, discouraged, and lost interest in it for a while. I still want to do it, though... I'll just need to seek advice on how to get across what I want to them (that isn't EXACTLY the same thing they already have to offer lol). It's no fastlane deal, but I think I could sell several thousand with at least 50 bucks profit each.

Striver

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Mar 23, 2017
USA
It appears that @Walter Hay might be the one to seek out for advice on why I couldn't get my point across to them...

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States
I broke both my feet last Summer, and when it came time to go back to work, I decided not to!

Story time: How'd you break both your feet?

Did you get any sort of worker's compensation?

Your story will be even sweeter if you started your new business on the company dime.

Striver

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Mar 23, 2017
USA
Story time: How'd you break both your feet?

Did you get any sort of worker's compensation?

Your story will be even sweeter if you started your new business on the company dime.

Jumped over the side of my buddy's high-a$$ F250 at the boat dock, onto the asphalt, in a VERY thin pair of flip flops...landed on my heels. The rest is history! lol

I was out of work drawing short and long(near the end) term disability. It was on someone's dime, just not sure whose! I had dabbled in self-employment for years, but this was the perfect opportunity because all I had was free time!

So, I took advantage of the situation.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen

Striver

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Mar 23, 2017
USA
@Walter Hay, I had read that post before... and after reading it again, I still don't see how it might pertain to my situation? I asked if they could design something for me, and they pointed me to an already-existing product.

Maybe I'm missing your point...??

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
@Walter Hay, I had read that post before... and after reading it again, I still don't see how it might pertain to my situation? I asked if they could design something for me, and they pointed me to an already-existing product.

Maybe I'm missing your point...??
OK, now I get it. You have asked them to design something, but the design is largely up to you. They have possibly invested considerable resources in designing, developing, and putting into production products that they have been able to sell as is.

You have to sell your idea to them. One of the best ways would be to have the design work done, ready to present them with a clearly workable product idea. They also need to have confidence that the project will be worth their while. How can you prove to them that this will be lucrative for them? Not easy unless you are willing and able to place a sizeable order provided their price is OK.

If the product is a variation on something they already making, you could possibly have it modified locally?

Walter

Striver

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Mar 23, 2017
USA
Thanks for the reply, @Walter Hay... the design is very similar to several designs(process wise) that they already make(which is why I reached out to these companies in the first place), I just need them to change a few things about the way it works. And probably have it contained in a different "case".

I feel like I could sell 1000 of them without even testing the market(because there's a need for it). Not sure if that's enough to make them interested in making something for me.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...