The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Quick Hustle: How I made $2,000 on Teespring

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
There's a world of difference between $50-$100 a day and $5k-$10k.

Actually, you'd be surprised how similar it really is, as an affiliate. It's just about being able to scale, having a better infrastructure that can handle it.
But fundamentally, it's the same offer, you just promoting it to1000s, instead of just 100s.

If you own your own funnel, then yes that's where complications occur, such as the noisy room of sales agents taking inbound calls ....but that's always a good problem to have :) haha

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Discourse

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Sep 1, 2014
Every year around Christmas I make a few hundred bucks off of my Zazzle shirts:

http://www.zazzle.com/cherrycards/gifts?pg=1&ps=90
http://www.zazzle.com/thesavepoint
and about 2 other stores with different products.

It's not a ton of cash, but I spent a few days creating them a few years ago and they provide a nice little extra cash around christmas without marketing. If I stuck with it and did a shirt a day since then, I'd be making a fulltime living from it, I'm sure.

Stick with ANYTHING long enough and you'll excel.
Most people don't want to so they fail.

How do you market on Zazzle? Is it the same thing as Tee Spring (FB, twitter, reddit)
Or does Zazzle market it too for you? (on their website/visitors).

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
How do you market on Zazzle? Is it the same thing as Tee Spring (FB, twitter, reddit)
Or does Zazzle market it too for you? (on their website/visitors).

Zazzle is a marketplace and people searching for shirts will stumble upon your items just like they would any other product. I don't market or touch a darn thing on zazzle.

Journey2Million$

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jan 3, 2015
How do you market on Zazzle? Is it the same thing as Tee Spring (FB, twitter, reddit) Or does Zazzle market it too for you? (on their website/visitors).

Zazzle doesn't market for you. I think basically you have to use social marketing sites (facebook, pinterest, etc.) to sell shirts from Zazzle.

teabag

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Jun 21, 2013
Australia
This looks like a lot of fun...

Is facebook advertising + teespring campaign the best course of action?

Journey2Million$

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jan 3, 2015
I'm jumping into this like a motherfcker. I had no idea TS had people making $100K/mo. I thought it was just some scammy little newcomer. F*ck using this as a "hustle." I'm going into this hard core and I'm gonna make bank with it. This is now going to be my life 24/7. I have plenty of experience in the t-shirt business and been making a living with it, but not huge money. I am kicking myself for not learning about TeeSpring much sooner. Now I can make huge money! F*ck yeah! I'm just saying if I can make money in T-shirts without TeeSpring, I should definitely be able to make a shitload more money with Teespring. DAT SHIT CRAY!

pgtownsyou

Forge Ahead
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Oct 29, 2013
Minnesota
Who's making the real big bucks behind all of this? The owners of Teespring of course. Go big or go home, let's make the next Teespring! Who's in?

Journey2Million$

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jan 3, 2015
There's already a bunch of new t-shirt companies with the same business model as Teespring, including ones in Europe.
Plus there's a lot of other new t-shirt fulfillment companies with different business models. It's hard to even keep up with them all and know what each one is all about and whether they're worth dealing with.

I remember the original reason I rejected Teespring was because their web site front page was misleading. It made it seem like Teespring was all about printing shirts for various groups of people such as charities and sports teams, so I thought it wasn't for me. That gave me no idea of what Teespring users were really doing, basically bombing the shit out of facebook users. Haha.

mnoor

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 2, 2017
Canada
I've heard of people doing this. I meant to do this a while back but never got around to doing it.

In the past, I dunno, hour...

Created a teespring campaign.
Created a facebook ad campaign for the week.

Will be a fun / cool little test just to see what happens.

any update?

anurag

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
May 6, 2017
In
I tried this 6-7 months ago. But it wasn't one bit successful because I couldn't get the word out effectively. Hell I even made custom ad for this.

I posted ads on facebook groups but I didn't market enough and the groups where I did market it wasn't so much active.

These are the ones I made.
barb tee ad.jpg lion [Recovered]_tee advt.png

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
I tried this 6-7 months ago. But it wasn't one bit successful because I couldn't get the word out effectively. Hell I even made custom ad for this.

I posted ads on facebook groups but I didn't market enough and the groups where I did market it wasn't so much active.

These are the ones I made.
View attachment 15206 View attachment 15207

try hanging out around bodybuilding forums and pitching people / makign posts there

anurag

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
May 6, 2017
In
try hanging out around bodybuilding forums and pitching people / making posts there

Yeah this makes sense. Although the hard part is to find active facebook groups for the niche, I had joined various groups earlier too but they kind of were dead already.

I will try Gym insta pages who do commission basis. Will give them a commission for every sale via their page.

ValueArtist

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Nov 11, 2016
Yeah this makes sense. Although the hard part is to find active facebook groups for the niche, I had joined various groups earlier too but they kind of were dead already.

I will try Gym insta pages who do commission basis. Will give them a commission for every sale via their page.
How would you track where the sale is coming from?

hayden0001

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Jul 23, 2016
If you have $5 and one idea for a Tshirt, you are letting an opportunity pass you by. Will this get you out of the rat race? No. Will it give you some startup and rent-paying cash. ABSOLUTELY.

I got started by selling T-Shirts and hoodies online using a site called Teespring (if you havent heard of it you are under a virtual rock). We had a graphic designer create our T-Shirt designs on a site called Fiverr (again, if you arent using Fiverr, you are spinning your wheels!)

For $5, I was able to produce more than 12 profitable T-Shirt campaigns, earning about $2,000 in profit. You have no excuse. Again, here are the resources:

Fiverr - Use this graphic designer to create your T-Shirt designs. He uses photoshop, and will have your order ready in 24 hours. Just be specific about what you want. ( Click here to check him out)

Teespring - Launch a campaign here. Start out with a low number (LIKE 5-10) as your goal until you get a feel for it. Click here to launch your campaign.

Repeat step 1 and 2.

Need proof I actually did this? Here are Tshirts I targeted at African Americans

The United States of Africa Perfect Tee
Limited Edition Pan-African Tees!
Kemet Meets West Africa!

Now you have no excuse. Lets see how many of you actually do it.

Hi

super idea

What's the out lay cost?

thanks

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
Well I hope @pledgerar won't be too mad,that I'm trying this process out.

I figure since they didn't object to the others they won't be too mad. I put one up targeted at Ubuntu OS users. I had to change the design slightly and spent way too long working on it and basically thinking too far ahead.

Rather than either outsourcing or getting on with it. Will be interesting to see the results. Not sure how best to spread the word.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
I wonder if this Teespring model still works, or has it been done to death? This was big during the 2014 era but seems to have died out in early 2016.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
I wonder if this Teespring model still works, or has it been done to death?

Only one way to find out. If a few people try it now, we will get an idea if it still works, needs to be adapted to work or if it is no longer viable.

This was big during the 2014 era but seems to have died out in early 2016.

The dying out and loss of quick money crowd might have made it more viable. Who knows?

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
This year I tried some shirts at different pod shops.
The margins are small.
I think there is no big money in a me too business. May be excelent execution and much work will bring a income.
But imo no easy money as it was.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.