The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Questions to ask a billionaire

Warrior

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
May 28, 2012
I was assigned a mentor through my school and was lucky enough that he happens to be a billionaire in who owns a massive international logistics company.

I had always wondered what quality questions to ask him but never could think of many.

Any ideas?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
I would do research on the industry hes in. What kind of logistics? Transportation/shipping?

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

Warrior

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
May 28, 2012
I would do research on the industry hes in. What kind of logistics? Transportation/shipping?

Transportation, relocation services, storage services for corporates.

To be frank I'm not interested in the logistics industry that much so my questions so far have tended not to be related to this field.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
But in order to know what kind of information you may want it may be helpful to know about his business ;) you get the info then figure out how it may be revelent... that how I do it. I learned a lot from a fride magnet manufacturer n completely different things from a window company completely unrelated to what I'm doing but immensely helpful none the less ;)

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
The amount of money he has and industry are ultimately irrelevent
Edit to add I could relate the info from his industry so far omg.... everything is touched by his industry really

Warrior

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
May 28, 2012
The amount of money he has and industry are ultimately irrelevent

Really? I've always perceived more wealth as a level up, as in they've seen something that others had not seen and that their mindset is probably more helpful to learn from to reach their level than someone who's not as wealthy as them.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
Yes to me it is... I have learned so many things from that failed magnet business I helped in than I could ever quantify into words. He grew up in money but bootstrapped everything. They slept showered n lived there I worked from 10am -2am some days. Money is an arbituary measurement believe that ;)

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
I don't mean to be rude, but the way you are approaching this is going to be exhausting to him
First, you are assuming that because you are assigned to him that this gives you any ownership of his time, he isn't going to think that way, so neither should you
Second, you are coming out of the gate with negatives (not a smart move, read icecream kid's thread on zendolphins secrets to understand why) which is only sure to make him box you and struggle to pass on any wisdom to you, there is power in sh#tting up here and listening
Third, you say you aren't interested in a billionaires understanding of international logistics, thats about the stupidest thing I've heard, because that is an AMAZING thing, he not only knows billionaire mindsets, not only has billionaire experience levels, not only knows biz better than you can learn a few places, not only seems a nice guy, but he knows transport, has contacts all through the corporate world, that is incredible! So have a little respect for how damn awesome this guy is!!!

To ask mentors non stupid questions, you have to learn to become a sponge. Read some of the zendolphins secret thread, and in there, there is a lot about understanding mentors if you have an open mind and don't expect it handed to you.
Best of luck,
If you can't ask good questions, don't belabor his time with your worries, ask him what he thinks about things.

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
Only one question to ask:

'Will you adopt me?"

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
Yea im about baffled as hell how anyone intetested in anything to do with business or real estate anywhere on the planet wouldn't be eststic with this match up. You have no clue what you've been handed really

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Don't ask him questions because you are probably too green to understand the answers. Just sit and talk to him about "stuff", just whatever comes to mind.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
I would spend as much free time at his business as possible. With or without his supervision provided he's ok with it. You will have so many questions after a week or two ;) if you are Anything like me you may even be able to provide some value to him in return ;)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.