The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Questions about creating courses on Udemy

RodMunch

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 15, 2017
USA
I created my first 2 courses on Udemy a few months ago. One has a fairly decent rating of around 4.4. The other has a very bad rating of 2.1. I'm concerned that the latter would cause people to not enroll in my former course.

Would it be a good idea to just delete the latter course, and create a new course based off of it but with much better videos, assignments, etc?

I'm also considering creating a new Udemy course. I already have developed the project using my own code. However, that code is partially based off code I got from someone else's blog. I made some changes to it, added some new features, and even wrote the code in a different programming language

If I create a course based on this project and code, I won't be violating any copyright laws or anything like that, right? I won't run into any legal trouble for this, as long as I mention in the description that I used some of the code from that other person's blog? I emailed that person asking for their license, but I haven't heard anything back

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
The problem with Udemy is that you can't delete a course if you have students enrolled in it. You can only unpublish it. I'd ask Udemy if you can create a new course with the same content as the old one but with better videos, assignments, etc.

ExcelGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Aug 11, 2016
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm planning on doing a few courses on Udemy too. Then once income starts have you considered hosting the course yourself so Udemy doesn't get a cut or would the marketing needed make it a useless venture?

I'd say either unpublish it or try and fix the problems.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.