The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Question to Copywriters

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018
I am a full-time copywriter, and I don't do any design work. I don't look for images. I don't choose fonts. I don't write code. I occasionally make design suggestions, but that's about it.

I typically hand over my copy to the client in a google doc and let them take it from there to incorporate any design that's needed.

Within the google doc, I'll specify headline styles (Heading 1, heading 2, heading 3, etc), insert bulleted lists and numbered lists, and insert placeholder directions for things like [Embedded video] or [button].

Exceptions to the Google doc if the client sets up login info for me to get into the back end of the site:
  • I'll publish content on Wordpress (still with no design elements - someone else can add those)
  • I'll create and schedule emails in their email marketing software.
I don't think there's any hard and fast rule regarding this. For me, design work is not my skillset. I'm not good at it, and I don't want to do it. So I just tell clients, "I don't do design work," and they go elsewhere for that part of the job. If I get any pushback on this, I look them in the eye, raise my eyebrows, and say very seriously, "Trust me. You do NOT want me working on the design."

They get it. If a client wants the best possible outcome, they'll hire an excellent wordsmith for the copywriting and an excellent creative artist for the design.

canone

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Mar 20, 2019
Hey guys quick questions about copywriting. I could not find any info on the web, hope this thread helps other newcomers too.

Do copywriters just text on the client's website or does he also design it. Hence, is coding necessary?

Do copywriters get the password for the websites from the clients and does everything on his own..., or does he only make suggestions (e.g. An illustration on how the website should look like)?

I just don't know how the culture in this business works and how these projects get done.
Thanks for your time.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.