The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Question for mods -- Can I post up notes of books here?

Manchild_Unbound

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Jan 30, 2017
Colombia
Hello there,

To whom it may concern, I have been a voracious reader for quite some time. One of the things that I love to do with an especially impactful book is take detailed notes on it. Can I post the notes on this forum. While I have some notes on business books, I do this with any topic that is mind-blowing. I have notes for the following books:

The Copywriter's Handbook by Robert W. Bly
Nicomachean Ethics by Aristotle
Story by Robert McKee
How to Stop Worrying and Start Living by Dale Carnegie
Meditations of Marcus Aurelius
How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big by Scott Adams

and several others.

Whad'ya say?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I think there's a subforum for Books. Why not create a thread for a particular book and write up your single biggest takeaway? That doesn't then give away too much of the book, and helps people get ONE message from the book. Others can then join in and maybe you'll get a different insight from their ONE takeaway?

Just a thought.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm OK with it as long as you preface AND postface your notes with a picture of the book and a LINK to Amazon so people can buy it.

Greg R

Act, Assess, Adjust
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
465%
Oct 28, 2015
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
To whom it may concern, I have been a voracious reader for quite some time. One of the things that I love to do with an especially impactful book is take detailed notes on it.

In a forum full of action takers, posting notes may not get you the response that you are expecting. Tell us how you took action on your notes, unless your Fastlane is a note taking business. I'm sure forum members would like to hear about your execution with the corresponding notes.

Manchild_Unbound

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Jan 30, 2017
Colombia
I think there's a subforum for Books. Why not create a thread for a particular book and write up your single biggest takeaway? That doesn't then give away too much of the book, and helps people get ONE message from the book. Others can then join in and maybe you'll get a different insight from their ONE takeaway?

Just a thought.
Thanks! May I create a thread with one takeaway with a link to my notes (usually in Google Docs)?
I'm OK with it as long as you preface AND postface your notes with a picture of the book and a LINK to Amazon so people can buy it.
Thanks MJ! I absolutely will.

Greg Rutkowski:
Mind you, I'm not always looking specifically for books to take action on. Take Aristotle, Plato or Ralph Waldo Emerson: I read them for their insights into life. Same with literature. One Dale Carnegie book, I use whenever I'm faced with a problem. Even if I have not taken too much action with one book, I'd like to post up my notes here so that members who are taking massive action can benefit from them and take action themselves. I want to have it here so that I can share it with an audience instead of storing it away in my Google Drive.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
May I create a thread with one takeaway with a link to my notes (usually in Google Docs)?

Just do it.

You asked for permission once and got it. Now if you want to do it then do.

This is an online forum. Make threads. Get banned. Change ip's. Make a new account. Don't do what got you banned. Life is still good.

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
Nice, looking forward to the notes. I don't always have time to read books so some nice extensive notes on great books would be much appreciated!

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Nice, looking forward to the notes. I don't always have time to read books so some nice extensive notes on great books would be much appreciated!

#ShutUpAndTakeMyMoney

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.