The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Question, Do blogs really work?

Marketing, social media, advertising

How important is it for a store that sales products to have a blog page component?

• Total voters

eliG.

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Feb 15, 2016
TEXAS
I know that there are many professional bloggers out there that make "lots" of money, i'm asking about an ecommerce business that just wants to create content to attract eyeballs.

I ask this question because there are a lot of articles out there that recommend creating content like writing blogs, newsletters, photo albums, etc.. And the Fastlane forum usually cuts through the B.S.

We have an online store(women's clothing) we are just starting off and I have a lot on my plate. Yes, I want more traffic on my website, but should I be spending my time(which can be a significant) writing, editing, uploading, and promoting one single blog to get more people on my website? I get that a blog can promote the life style, build a fan base. But I could be spending my time working on the products that i'm actually selling. Shouldn't the great quality and customer service be enough to build a customer base naturally over time?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

conquer

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Apr 30, 2016
Blogs definitely help ecommerce sites. I can't count how many times I researched a question on Google and it led me to product/service blog page.

When I read these types of posts, I get a sense that they are experts because they understand their target market.

Its also a great SEO tactic.

You don't have to write 3 posts a day, write 3 a week and measure your results with google analytics.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
There's a major flaw in your question that is leading you down a weird and strange path of wannabe marketers.

But never fear, Kung Fu Steve is here!

Joking... kind of...

You must find out where your potential clients hang out. I don't have to guess twice when I say currently your demographic spends a lot of time on pinterest, instagram, and now snap chat.

"Blogging" for your industry has changed fairly dramatically. Now you must find new and unique ways to get attention on those platforms instead of writing some stupid 500-word article hoping a search engine picks it up and some chick is googling your exact phrase in order to read a long-winded nonsensical post about the height of a skirt.

Proof trumps all. If you have a physical product, the best way to sell it is to show it off.

D

Deleted20833

What you can do is vlogs based around fashion tips/lifestyle

Look at Tai Lopez..he gets millions of views and most
of his videos are recorded with an iPhone

Throughout your day...turn your camera on and record
a fashion tip of the day or similar...don't edit..just upload it

Do that everyday and you'll start seeing results

eliG.

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Feb 15, 2016
TEXAS
Its also a great SEO tactic.

You don't have to write 3 posts a day, write 3 a week and measure your results with google analytics.

Yes, the SEO tactic is definitely a major incentive. But there has to be other ways to gain the SEO game without having to write 3 posts a day, which I think is still a lot!

eliG.

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Feb 15, 2016
TEXAS
currently your demographic spends a lot of time on pinterest, instagram, and now snap chat.

"Blogging" for your industry has changed fairly dramatically. Now you must find new and unique ways to get attention on those platforms instead of writing some stupid 500-word article hoping a search engine picks it up and some chick is googling your exact phrase in order to read a long-winded nonsensical post about the height of a skirt.

Proof trumps all. If you have a physical product, the best way to sell it is to show it off.

Yes, your right these social networks is where they hang out. But this is called social media marketing. These are only vehicles by which my content is published.

I like what you said and I agree with" blogging is changing" and that I have to find a new way to reach my audience. Just earlier I was thinking that I have to find my own unique way of producing content for the purpose of SEO, brand building, and growing traffic and sales on my website.

This leads me to think that it has to be a mixture of picture/media that promotes social proof of my brand backed with the right "voice" /wording. I guess you would call this a "display of lifestyle"

eliG.

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Feb 15, 2016
TEXAS
What you can do is vlogs based around fashion tips/lifestyle

Look at Tai Lopez..he gets millions of views and most
of his videos are recorded with an iPhone

Throughout your day...turn your camera on and record
a fashion tip of the day or similar...don't edit..just upload it

Do that everyday and you'll start seeing results
It's a good idea but Tai is promoting himself and placing himself as a guru. I don't want to promote myself. Or portray myself as a fashion expert. However I would like to portray my Company as a staple in tasteful women's fashion and iconic clothing retailer.

eliG.

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Feb 15, 2016
TEXAS
A good example that comes to mind is T-mobiles' un-carrier campaign that helped the company recreate itself and grow dramatically. Their adds tie the message and lifestyle very well you can't think of one without the other. Apple used to do this very well too up until Steve Jobs(R.I.P.)

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Yes, your right these social networks is where they hang out. But this is called social media marketing. These are only vehicles by which my content is published.

I like what you said and I agree with" blogging is changing" and that I have to find a new way to reach my audience. Just earlier I was thinking that I have to find my own unique way of producing content for the purpose of SEO, brand building, and growing traffic and sales on my website.

This leads me to think that it has to be a mixture of picture/media that promotes social proof of my brand backed with the right "voice" /wording. I guess you would call this a "display of lifestyle"

Potato, Potato.

Too many people get caught up in what things are called and forget the basics of marketing a message.

Go to where they are and show them what they want to see in order to get them to take action.

You can call it blogging, social media marketing, or blippity bloop noop noop.

Don't care -- the fact is you need attention and I sincerely doubt you're going to get it on a blog unless you dedicate massive amounts of time and energy (which it sounds like you're rocking and rolling so you probably don't have time for that).

Blogging, vlogging, slogging, instogging, twogging, pintrogging.

Let me ask you this -- who is the top in your industry right now? Who is growing faster than everyone else? What are they doing to reach their audience? Where is their ACTUAL success coming from (not perceived success)?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.