The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Question About Pricing

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane
D

Deleted50669

Here's something I noticed.. when YouTube releases new paid / premium user options I get angry. I had to pause and ask myself why. I realized it was because I associate YouTube with being a free service as a brand. It goes against how I associate the brand with my life when they push paid options on me. So it makes me wonder, wouldn't it be better to charge a user once your brand is created, rather than stringing them along and then blindsiding them?

I get that free services are great for getting people invested, but to go from that to laying down a paid model, doesn't that leave a sour taste in most people's mouths?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Atu

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Mar 23, 2019
Hm...
I was once working for a boiler/radiator/general heating company. There I heard a story about a salesman who got himself a hefty bonus for selling a handful of boilers that nobody wanted. He did that by significantly raising the price (of curse he also must have been excellent at direct selling).

We are all taking mental shortcuts in thinking about the value of things and prices. Rap stars are abusing those shortcuts by public claims about the price of clothing, vodka etc...

Thing is: When an enormous YT ship is taking a small turn it creates serius waves on the other edge of port basin. How can we use those waves and ride them?

itfactor

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
May 18, 2019
Whenever a fee comes into play, there will always be a backlash, whether it's $1 or $1000.

People are just whiney like that when things are turn out short of their expectations.

I think the best way to manage this is to be upfront and tell your customers from the get-go that your offer will become a paid product once it has matured.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.