The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

question about having a temporary unbalanced life

Anything related to matters of the mind

genesisk5

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Mar 25, 2020
south korea
MJ said he had a temporary unbalanced life when he was committed. but did he mean to even sacrifice your health? (no exercise, no healthy food, not enough sleep, etc) I personally think that you shouldn't unless for a few weeks because otherwise your productivity even drops and such lifestyle can't last long, so you should invest some time to keep your minimum health level. (30 min of exercise, 7 hour sleep, prepare healthy smoothie ) I know it depends on person and how urgent you are on the way and it's silly to ask such thing but just wondering how others are doing.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Knugs

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jan 10, 2016
There are moments in the journey where the mission will ask one to commit far more energy and sacrifise. Many of these "unbalanced changes" can be negated by efficient organisation and planning but they need to be TEMPORARY.

Don't believe the mantra of the need to be suffering to make it in entrepreneurship. Yes there are exceptional times but your mental health can only take so much. These people who would now say; well you are just not man enough are also usually the ones that have never experienced real hard work or consistent suffering.

Your mental health will not forgive you so you should treat it as well as you can and looking after yourself is extremely important in these hard times.

Otherwise like you said you will burn out, lose the passion and the rest of productivity.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Check out the book "The One Thing" for a different view on an unbalanced life

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
MJ said he had a temporary unbalanced life when he was committed. but did he mean to even sacrifice your health?

Nope, I never said that health had to be sacrificed.

Going "unbalanced" for many is a threat to comfort.

Unbalanced means to have focused priorities -- when I lived and breathed my business, I still went to the gym and generally took care of myself. Ironically, the poor health was more of a function of not being able to afford quality food.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mike Stoian

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Dec 24, 2019
I think this question can be answered based on time span.

If you got a business and this project's deadline is in 2 weeks, go all out on it. Make sure you hit that deadline. But probably no more than that.

If you got a job and you're hustling on the side, that may take you 1 year of day to day grind before you make any money from it or it can replace your job. In this case you cannot sustain an unhealthy lifestyle. You'll get burnt out. You'll become depressed. You'll lose all motivation, all focus and all ability to be productive with your time. Soon enough you'll hate your hustle, your job, and yourself for not being able to do what you weren't supposed to do in the first place.

Find your routine, and stick to it. If it's still too hard and you feel you're burning out, recalibrate the routine. Find what's sustainable for you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.