The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Question About Facebook Ads

SYK

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Mar 24, 2014
You need a more strategic goal/approach than simply ‘drum up excitement’. If one in five people like your post, how will that ultimately help when you launch your SAAS product? Will they remember that like they gave weeks/months ago by the time your product is live?

Use engagement to gather data. Eg use video to track % people watch then build retargeting/lookalike audiences based on, say, people who have watched +75%. Voila! Now you have a zeroed in audience to target. Either immediately to capture leads or when you launch and run conversion campaigns.

On lead capture... why not do that now? Rather than chasing likes, round up some prelaunch emails. If you’re running a prelaunch engagement campaign, connect it with a more tangible outcome: building a launch list.

I always use engagement in conjunction with lead/conversion campaigns. Engagement to zero in on demographics/build targeted audiences and add social proof (likes, views, shares) to your ad creative, then lead and conversion ads alongside these using this data/social proof.

Hope that helps some.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Thanks a ton! I am simultaneously working on the email optin page. My intent was to invite people who engaged with the post to visit the page and join the community to get early access when we go live. I probably pulled the trigger too quick on the social media side, because now I just have a post floating in the abyss with no connected strategy.
That’s ok. You’ve started.

Ha. I’ve 27 posts out there in the Instagram abyss with no connected strategy.

EDIT: “abyss” ... such a great word.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

business_man

In Love With Marketing
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Nov 25, 2014
Hey all,

I have launched my first FB ad to drum up some excitement / awareness of my coming SaaS product. For those who have some experience with this, what kind of engagement rates do you look for? My current metric is one post like for every five people reached, or about 20%. Is this good, bad, somewhere in-between?

Thanks in advance for any insights.

- Cheers

Hey, congrats with that. I am not sure if you need to calculate like/engagement ratio. At least I never came across this need. Unless likes is your main goal. Engagement purpose in Facebook is that Facebook knows that people like your content and is more eager to show it to other people (cheaper reach, higher organic reach, which means cheaper too, haha). Plus it gives credentials if you have a lot of engagement on your post.

I would better recommend calculating conversions (it might be different in every step what you count as conversion), could be landing page visits, video views, particular step in your page visit (check out page, thank you page, etc).

I am not really a fan of Brand Awareness campaigns (if you focus on likes, it is exactly that), I understand the need of brand awareness, but it happens naturally when you do the conversion campaign.

*It does not mean that you don’t need to run reach or video view campaigns sometimes, but its better to understand what and why you are doing :)

It’s hard to advice something before seeing what you actually have right now :) but hope this can help you at least a little bit.

What is your SaaS? And what is your marketing strategy right now?

D

Deleted50669

Hey all,

I have launched my first FB ad to drum up some excitement / awareness of my coming SaaS product. For those who have some experience with this, what kind of engagement rates do you look for? My current metric is one post like for every five people reached, or about 20%. Is this good, bad, somewhere in-between?

Thanks in advance for any insights.

- Cheers

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted50669

You need a more strategic goal/approach than simply ‘drum up excitement’. If one in five people like your post, how will that ultimately help when you launch your SAAS product? Will they remember that like they gave weeks/months ago by the time your product is live?

Use engagement to gather data. Eg use video to track % people watch then build retargeting/lookalike audiences based on, say, people who have watched +75%. Voila! Now you have a zeroed in audience to target. Either immediately to capture leads or when you launch and run conversion campaigns.

On lead capture... why not do that now? Rather than chasing likes, round up some prelaunch emails. If you’re running a prelaunch engagement campaign, connect it with a more tangible outcome: building a launch list.

I always use engagement in conjunction with lead/conversion campaigns. Engagement to zero in on demographics/build targeted audiences and add social proof (likes, views, shares) to your ad creative, then lead and conversion ads alongside these using this data/social proof.

Hope that helps some.
Thanks a ton! I am simultaneously working on the email optin page. My intent was to invite people who engaged with the post to visit the page and join the community to get early access when we go live. I probably pulled the trigger too quick on the social media side, because now I just have a post floating in the abyss with no connected strategy.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.