• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. The forum software will be upgraded on Sunday May 26th and may not look normal during the transition. Some functionality may be offline. This is TEMPORARY and is expected to last up to 8 hours.
  2. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Q&A with Warren Buffett

Discussion in 'General Entrepreneur Discussion' started by JScott, Feb 26, 2008.

1. JScott

JScott Legendary Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $46,512
    Sparky, WestCoast and Jill like this.
  2. Jill

Jill Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $2,792
    Great article, JScott. Thanx for the link! Speed+

A couple of my favorite pearls:

"Out of school I offered to work for Graham for free and he said I was overpriced."

"After a talk at Harvard, I told them to work for who they admired the most, so they all become self-employed."

"If it’s your game, diversification doesn’t make sense... If you have Lebron James on your team, don’t take him out of the game just to make room for someone else."

3. andviv

andviv Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $3,421
    great article.
    I loved many quotes:

Markets are efficient most of the time about most things. But for these opportunities, nobody will tell you about them. They won’t be on CNBC and they won’t be in brokerage reports. You have to go find them yourself.
    The markets will get it right eventually. But they are there. You don’t have to find too many. Finding 10 of these opportunities in your lifetime will make you so rich. But you can’t be wrong. You can’t have any zeroes. A list of big numbers multiplied by zero will equal zero. You can’t go back to “Go”.

Tell me who your heroes are and I’ll tell you how you’ll turn out to be.

I think the best way to stimulate the economy is to give money to the poor. They will spend it. Don’t give it to guys like me. Infrastructure investment makes sense, but we haven’t done it in a while and it won’t do anything for the next 6-12 months. Infrastructure is not big relative to GDP. We are a consumer-driven society, spending 106% of production.

4. WestCoast

WestCoast Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,789
    nice find

Buffett has such a simple and efficient take on things, it's great.
    I don't play the market much anymore, nor do I care too.
    Even so, his lessons apply to all sorts of things, and all sorts of strategies.

I like to think if I run my businesses 1/10th as well as the people he would hire, that things will work out just fine :)

speed +

5. kimberland

kimberland Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $128
    I love this one.

I saw a "money makeover" on tv yesterday.
    The lady was a real estate investor.
    She had been doing it for years,
    piling up the net worth.
    The "experts" were telling her to diversify,
    to get into stocks, bonds, etc.

WTF?
    She is winning at the real estate game,
    why would she want to play something else?

I think boredom is one of the biggest risks to wealth.

andviv likes this.
  6. Sparky

Sparky New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $79
    This is the quote I printed for myself:

Sparky

7. andviv

andviv Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $3,421
    Great quote!
    This is a very important point.
    Big money is made by focusing and specializing.
    Focusing and improving mean doing the same thing over and over again, until you master that activity.

This is boring. There is no excitement once you know "everything" there is to know.
    The temptation appears to do something else, out of boredom.

--Sparky, I loved that quote about habits. I heard from a Tony Robbins CD, and a REI book, that there are no neutral habits. They are either positive or negative.
    Get rid of negative habits and reinforce the positive ones and
    you will have a higher rate of success, no matter what endeavor you are taking.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.