The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Purpose of writing Financial Self-Help Books

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
What is the purpose behind MJ DeMarco writing these books? Does he genuinely want to help others? I do not want to intend any offence towards anyone. I just wanna understand the nature of human being.

I've outlined my purposes in various places, but it likely would take you a few hours to find them scattered about the forum.

Foremost, I write these books because I wish I had them available to me when I was 22. As it is today (and years ago) the acceptable narrative for wealth is save, invest, be patient, die rich.

No thanks.

Second, helping others and seeing them get results is a priceless currency. Sounds like you have never done so, so I don't expect you to understand. I guess it would be like trying to explain flying off a cliff in a flightsuit to someone who hasn't.

I wonder, lots of time, why would anyone want any other person to become rich?

Are you religious? Why do you want people to believe in your religion?

I view wealth as a conduit to health and freedom, and of course, happiness. In other words, I view it as a means to reduce suffering, while also helping other people improve their lives. Minus the bro-marketing scammers, the political class, and the technocratic oligarchs, the more rich people that are created, the more value is thrust into the world.

NeoDialectic

Successfully Exited the Rat Race
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
685%
Feb 11, 2022
Phoenix, az
I wonder, lots of time, why would anyone want any other person to become rich? What is the purpose behind MJ DeMarco writing these books? Does he genuinely want to help others? I do not want to intend any offence towards anyone. I just wanna understand the nature of human being.
You are probably young, and that's why you don't get it. Don't get me wrong, that's not a dig at you. It's just something that usually comes with age.

But also, you don't have to look at it as completely selfless. He's already rich and making others rich isn't gonna take that away from him (so, nothing to lose). On the other hand, everyone likes seeing their ideas verified and vindicated. Now imagine how great it is for him to see his ideas used to successfully achieve goals. And the kicker? He didn't even have to do the work with his own hands!

Hong_Kong

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Apr 7, 2022
I wonder, lots of time, why would anyone want any other person to become rich? What is the purpose behind MJ DeMarco writing these books? Does he genuinely want to help others? I do not want to intend any offence towards anyone. I just wanna understand the nature of human being.
There isn't a limited supply of value in the world (non-zero sum game). The more money someone else has, great! That's more money you can make if you find a product or service they want. Its better for everyone if others have money! Money makes the world go round, keep it flowing.

panpandon

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 23, 2022

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...