The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Purchased book a few weeks ago

johnwmintz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Jan 22, 2017
Anniston, AL
I purchased this book a few weeks ago. I have been slowly digesting every single bit of it. It has been a real eye opener so far. I am currently on chapter 14. Anyway about me.

I am 37 years old currently an IT guy with decent sized company. Typical 40-60 hour weeks. My skillset is slowly moving to IT security. I am ready to move into the Fastlane. I have been studying and researching for the Fastlane.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome aboard John, IMO, IT is an awesome skillset to have for a Fastlane! Hope you find TMF helpful!

johnwmintz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Jan 22, 2017
Anniston, AL
Sorry for the late reply. I feel I have earned my background in IT with blood sweat and tears. I do have some previous failed/"lessons learned" small businesses in the past. In 2010 I was fortunate enough to get assigned into an IT slot with my guard unit. I excelled through the training. Came home and deployed to Afghanistan. While overseas, I picked up some INFOSEC experience. I come home and worked a network position with an ISP until I was laid off. I was lucky. A day after I was laid off a headhunter called me about my current position. In this position, I have been able to run with IT and a little bit of endpoint infosec.

I am about halfway through The Millionaire Fastlane book. I can see my progression. I went from the sidewalk to now the slowlane. Years ago, I had a small taste of the Fastlane with a side business or two. I can't get the taste out of my mouth. Now that I am in the Slowlane, I want the Fastlane even more.

One of the major opportunities I see is SaaS. I see it all day in my current position. Everything is moving to the "Cloud". Accounting systems, HR systems, cloud storage and more. All day I support users that use these systems. I see how much they save money for businesses. At the same time, I can envision the amount that can be made from these systems.

My issue is (I dont mean this as a means of bragging) I do not have a network of smart guys to bounce ideas off. I mention Kali linux, penetration testing, NMAP, and SQL Injection to my current network and they look at me like I have horns growing out of my head.

You will see me post more here. Especially if it is of a technical nature. I will try to chime in with insight. If you have any specific tech questions, send them my way. I will do my best to answer it in terms most can understand. I haven't found the quote but I remember it something like this. "If you cannot break down the solution so the janitor can understand it, you do not understand it" I cant remember where I heard that.

John

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
Sorry for the late reply. I feel I have earned my background in IT with blood sweat and tears. I do have some previous failed/"lessons learned" small businesses in the past. In 2010 I was fortunate enough to get assigned into an IT slot with my guard unit. I excelled through the training. Came home and deployed to Afghanistan. While overseas, I picked up some INFOSEC experience. I come home and worked a network position with an ISP until I was laid off. I was lucky. A day after I was laid off a headhunter called me about my current position. In this position, I have been able to run with IT and a little bit of endpoint infosec.

I am about halfway through The Millionaire Fastlane book. I can see my progression. I went from the sidewalk to now the slowlane. Years ago, I had a small taste of the Fastlane with a side business or two. I can't get the taste out of my mouth. Now that I am in the Slowlane, I want the Fastlane even more.

One of the major opportunities I see is SaaS. I see it all day in my current position. Everything is moving to the "Cloud". Accounting systems, HR systems, cloud storage and more. All day I support users that use these systems. I see how much they save money for businesses. At the same time, I can envision the amount that can be made from these systems.

My issue is (I dont mean this as a means of bragging) I do not have a network of smart guys to bounce ideas off. I mention Kali linux, penetration testing, NMAP, and SQL Injection to my current network and they look at me like I have horns growing out of my head.

You will see me post more here. Especially if it is of a technical nature. I will try to chime in with insight. If you have any specific tech questions, send them my way. I will do my best to answer it in terms most can understand. I haven't found the quote but I remember it something like this. "If you cannot break down the solution so the janitor can understand it, you do not understand it" I cant remember where I heard that.

John

Do you find Infosec skills difficult to utilize for Fastlane type businesses because the work is very "hands on"? In the spirit of "Make millions by affecting millions", the practice of Infosec seems very localized to whatever system you are working on. Personal trainers have "affected millions" by making fitness courses (ex: "P90X"), rather than practicing their trade, perhaps Infosec would have to be done that way too. Or maybe start an Infosec consultancy that hired Infosec people (ex: Robert Herjavec), and then liquidate it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Christopher777

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Jun 13, 2017
Manila, Philippines

John

I have an IT security background. Played with Kali a lot myself. Hit me up if you need help. Several years ago, I have proposed a startup idea to friends, but it's not a priority right now. I'll be chiming in if I can contribute anything. Following you now.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...