The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Public Relations In The Age Of C0VlD-19

Marketing, social media, advertising

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Hi forum. We're all looking for a silver lining. Here's one.

Think about this... right now a lot of people are sitting at home consuming content.

And at least in my experience, getting the press interested in your business story is easier now than its been historically. Here's just one example from over the weekend.

We got two clients included as sources in a special report for our local Business Journal. The subject was how covid19 is causing medical industry to move to telemedicine. Both my clients literally just started offering telemedicine.

You don't even have to be an expert right now. No one is an expert in what's going on right now.

My point is this... If you aren't capitalizing on PR outreach right now, if you aren't talking to the press about how your company is adjusting to the current situation, you are missing out on an opportunity.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Here's how easy this can happen. A client told me this story yesterday.

So we're clear, I'm adjusting a few bits of the story to preserve anonymomity. Also, don't copy and paste it the emails below. Tweak it, and make it your own voice. Juj it up a bit.

Ok, so, my client sells walkie talkies. Pretty freaking boring industry, right? Nothing newsworthy or cutting edge there...

Last Monday, he gets an order for some walkies from a restaurant that's never ordered before. He's chatting with the person on the phone, they are commiserating a bit over Corona. The restaurant manager says they are using these to better communicate with the kitchen while doing their new curbside service. An idea is born.

Let's back up.

See last month I had him reach out to a few restaurant magazines to request their editorial calendars. Super simple email.

"Hi My name is John. I writing you today to see if you might be able to send me your editorial calendar. I own a walkie talkie company and I have a few story ideas about how these can help the restaurant industry."

He sent 5 emails and had 3 conversations with 3 editors about what their guidelines are for article submissions. One seemed particularly promising. They had never had an article which focused on his expertise. They wanted him to write an article for submission.

Well, last month he was busy and he didn't actually have concrete story ideas ready, so he waited. Until last Monday.

He asked the restaurant person if they'd mind him writing about their experience with the walkies for an article he was working on and they'd get some free press. They loved it. (Talk about building rapport, they are probably customers for life now).

On Thursday they got the walkies and even took a few pictures so he could submit it with the article.

He emails the editor back.

"(Typical preamble)...

I had reached out to you last month about possibly publishing a story in your magazine.

I have a story written and ready to go. I think it is very topical and tells a great story about a restaurant using walkies to keep their doors open during the Coivd-19 outbreak.

How would you like me to submit the story?"

Long story short, the article went live today.

And restaurants read it. 4k in sales came through and another 2k quote went out as a direct result of the article.

And for those who don't know, articles like that help your site's search engine rankings.

For those of you running your own business, there's your 3 step guide to getting your own press.

I'll say it again. If you aren't capitalizing on PR outreach right now, if you aren't talking to the press you are missing out on an opportunity.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.