The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Promoting Contests through Blog, Facebook, Twitter, Email

Marketing, social media, advertising

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
I'm sure some of you are already doing this, but thought I'd mention it for those of you that aren't...

You can take advantage of popular events like tonight's NCAA Championship Basketball Game to promote contests to your Blog readers, Facebook fans, Twitter followers, and Email lists.

For example, you could offer a $25 gift card for anyone that can guess the final score of the game (make them post their guess on your blog). Odds are that no one is actually going to guess the final score, so basically you're getting free (or low cost) traffic traffic to your site and generating interest / getting people talking about your business.

Feel free to list other contest promotion suggestions below.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
GREAT thread thanks!

I never have a contest unless you give away your OWN product as the prize, cuts down on cost and gives people a chance to learn more about your product.

I suggest any contest you have you require the person to 'share' the contest in order to enter This exponentially increases the number of people who see your contest. This also helps you get people to go to your site and learn more.

I like contests, if you already have some active facebook fans, where they have to name which product they want of yours, why they want it and then they have to 'share' the contest.

Or a contest where the person who gets the most people to like your facebook page, this helps you get more likes

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
I agree, if you have a product that you sell on your site that you can give away as the prize, that's a much better way to go than a gift card.

And it seems there's some sort of psychological connection where people value a tangible item more than the cash equivalent. e.g. most consumers would rather have a new iPad than $499, even though they are the same value.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.