The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Project ideas for 2 to 3 months sidewise

Idea threads

Tossek

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 5, 2019
Germany
Hi guys,

I am right now working on a certification for project leading by the german chamber of commerce. Apparently, I have to work on a project as a manager to graduate and document the process. Starting tiem would be around September I guess. But I am not willing to tell my company that I am involved in the certification because they are very ... critical ... on everything that is not in their budget and I am just trying to broaden my spectrum.

But I would like to take this as a chance and work towards my independence approach. Thus, I would like to take a project which is supposed to bring me money.

Right now I have in the loop:

1) My book about studying in Germany should be finished by then. I could make a project out of it to make an Audio book from it.
2) I have a blog that is not well going but for me a kind of side hobby. It does not give me anything right now.
3) I have a domain blocked that is quite fitting to the topic of bendable phones. I could start there something but it is extra work and time is limited.
4) I could use flippa to buy a side and enhance it.
5) I could order some services from a freelancer to enhance one of the mentioned sites above and target earnings.

I would also be grateful for any suggestion that you have. As you see, I would also spend a bit of money if the return is expectable in principle.

For the project work, I have to build the work packages, show interdependency and track it. I then have to write a ~ 20 written page report.

Thank you for your ideas.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

dkostadinov01

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
May 31, 2019
I will comment the blog you can turn into a website, as It has huge potential if you target a specific audience in your case people in search of leadership skills.

1. Design and accessibility: In my opinion is very outdated and word-press is a bad way to go, If you don't know programming you can hire a freelancer for a cheap price.
2. Link social media (Facebook and Instagram) for free advertisement in the begging (you can follow people and if the design and accessibility great as is the content, many will follow back). You can also post daily free content there, but to see the full post, click the link(which opens your website with advertisement).
3. Revenue: people don't seem in this specific area as is my target, as well (self-development), like to spend lots of money or have time to waste. I would say paying 3 euros a month for an ad-free experience is best (say you gather 8000 followers and 300 of them have had subscribed because they really appreciate the content, you don't need million followers to make money).
4. Make only a single specific target group. You have many categories: students, graduate and professionals. Pick a single one so It wouldn't collide with 2 and 1 (professionals are much more mature and would give back to receive
5. Don't fear if you target professionals for an example, because even if most of them know the info, they just lack the time to read a book all over again in order to refresh themselves. We're all human!

Important: As a developer I can say that most people using phones to browse social media, if they get redirected to your website on their phones. They won't have an Adblock installed, so you don't have to worry about that.
Tip: Your content has to be the best of the best and provide a lot of value to people's lives.

Last edited:

Tossek

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 5, 2019
Germany
Mhm, intersting. Thank you. So you would state to specialize and professionalize more the tiny thing that I already have. It is a valid point. What do you think the costs would be approximately?

does anyone else have a similar opinion like dkostadinov01?

ElenaStar

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
May 28, 2019
Kansas City
sure - except the project management ;-)
It looks like you have been given some really good feedback. I’m reading “Virtual Freedom” right now to learn how to best outsource my job and free up time for my business. Post your progress, I’m interested!

Tossek

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 5, 2019
Germany
So I bought the Audiobook of "Virtual Freedom". It is inspriing though I do not like the paste of the speaker, I might turn it to 1.25x. Anyways, I should get some experience in this matter for sure. I will give out some text-writing tasks for my webpage and see how it carries on.
Is this called "content creation" or is this a too general term? I have to find the correct term for fiverr and co :-D

Tossek

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 5, 2019
Germany
I have now my first VA working for 5 pages of content.

Is it action faking to let someone else do the work? :-D

ElenaStar

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
May 28, 2019
Kansas City
I have now my first VA working for 5 pages of content.

Is it action faking to let someone else do the work? :-D
That is so awesome! And I don’t believe so, I’d consider it working efficiently! If it is then I fake action doing housework, typing and translating.

FierceRacoon

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jun 1, 2019
Regarding the blog, I've been working on a new blog of mine, different but also in the self-improvement space (link below my name). So I've read a lot of other blogs recently.

In my impression, your content is quite superficial.

Example excerpts:
The book does not simply show how to become manager, it shows the whole way from junior (software) engineer to CTO. Thus, it is a perfect book for understanding career paths...
-- just because a book covers many things does not make it good.

A hierarchical manager like a leader has to think out of the box: Projects come and go and you have to be prepared for the demands.
-- it is unclear, why a hierarchical manager has to "think out of the box".

Also, project managers are legally reliable for the project results and their implementation.
--- you meant, "responsible". Why would a PM be legally responsible for a project? If they put their best effort and exercise reasonable diligence, they won't be. Even a member of the board of directors of a company should not be.

And it is hard to get into other companies. There will be just rare open occupations of your specific topic. Rarity usually should be paid accordingly and you should be aware of your worth, even if you are low-level in hierarchy.
--- those are two different axes. Somebody can be specialized, highly paid, yet have lots of options (e.g. a senior data scientist). Somebody can be specialized, highly paid, yet have limited options (expert in tuning trading algorithms to hardware). Somebody can be poorly paid, yet have lots of options (entry-level customer service) or few options (loading laundry in one of the few laundromats in town, where most people have washers and dryers).

You also wrote in one place,
For entertainment purpose I try put in a graphic into the texts as well. But this consumes time.
Guess what, it does consume time if you want to do something well, and a blog is no exception...

Last edited:

Tossek

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 5, 2019
Germany
Hello FierceRacoon,

first of all, thank you. I do take every kind of fair criticism serious and I think you have stated some points here that are valid. I am not a native English speaker, so my words might have been wrongly chosen from time to time and I am not very eloquente with the language in general. Honestly, the reason is because I write the articles without much calmness after work or between household tasks on the weekend. I will try to rework some of the points and recheck it towards clarity.

However, I disagree on some points you mentioned - simple put, I have a different opinion.

For example, I have looked now into your blog and though it deals with similar topics, I would have my problems with it because the texts are too long. This is maybe why my texts seem superficial because in a way they are. They are small little pieces and people shall not devour to hard on them. I would rather like to give more overview in the beginning.

Again, I still appreciate your statement.

_________

But I would like to get back to the project part which is the intention of this topic.

Has anyone had experience with reworking designs by VAs? How much input have they needed? How is the service name even called :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.