The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Progress yesterday, my commitment.

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

TOS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jul 25, 2013
This is not my start, but my commitment.

I`m Tos, 25 years old working as an award winning business consultant. The last years from college and up to where I am now I have been very focused on what I now got a term for, "The Slowlane". I worked extremely hard getting good grades and being valuable in my company. When I try to describe who I am to someone very short, I say: "im a guy that gets very focused on a few things". And as I have grown up its been everything from games, movies, college, work, partying, working out, running etc.

I have just read the millionaire fastlane , and now I mentally sure on myself too draw some conclusions on what I am seeking. Before I unveil this I want you too see some highlights from my storyas to why this is the perfect timing, but also that any timing would have been just as good.

In my younger years I played a lot of games alone and with friends. I had a healthy life with enough friends and football that we all cared about. One game I got perticallyfocused on was SOCOM. This was when the PS2 network adapter was being launched in other countries so we managed to buy one and get it shipped to our country. I got more into It and set up clan(team of competitive players), and I was the energetic leader. We saw other clans and teamed up against each other for fun, and it was rally fun, like winning a football match ten times a day. We wanted more, so I learned how to set up a web page and I created what was called "Local league". I told the other, they signed up, and we where going!

And so much fun we had! But as I only knew HTML I used to much time updating all the scores and planning matches on a static page. I dident get the time to play the game that I loved. I found out I could make it dynamically, so I begged my father for a book on those programming languages: PHP and mySQL for dummies was what I wanted and my father was happy to give it to me.

It was so fun to learn all these programming things, and after a while I was almost not gaming anymore. I never launched my dynamic gaming site as I was not focused on the game anymore and started on other things.

Then suddenly SOCOM II was launched and we decided to jump inn, everyone from the old clan was gathering and we where going again, and me as team leader. The same thing happened, we wanted a structured gaming league so we could brag about our results. Instead of using my "Local league", we used something called gamebattles. Which was totally fine by me aswe could now play internationally and it was an amazing product for our needs.

I never realized as young thatthis was a business opportunity and I was in the beginning of executing it. At one point 10 years later, I think It was in my job interview, I looked back on this and finally saw it for what it was. When I look back on it I don’t see it as something I missed , but an experience. It also servesme as a proof on what an MVP actually can accomplish when you hit the right customers. How important the speed is ad you scale a product from local to international.

Years later I have gone to college where I have learned a lot about finance, it, marketing and economics, and had fun while doing it. I tried creating some business products, but every time I havedrawn focus back to college or work and stalled the projects. I started a good job after college which at that point was perfect for me. I got awarded after 1,5 year and then it started. I wanted to be the best and I had some roads but I don’t think I had any end goal. Getting the reward started something in me that goes something like: "This cant be it". I wasn't happy for some reason and it has taken my about 8 months to figure out why.

I want to do a greater impact on something and the theory of (a)effection you are talking about in your books speaks to me. I don’t want to be limited in any way, which I am now. So what to do. Fastlane bitcheS!!!!

If I again look back like I did in that job interview when I saw what a business opportunity I was rally in with the gaming site, I again don’t regret anything.I had fun all the way, I tried something, I have learned a lot, I havefailed, I have experienced business, experienced sidewalk, slowlane, though about ideas, though about what else could be out there, read books programming, business, IT, how to create products, lean startup methods and finally...... how to live it!

I have created my company yesterday and partnering up on another. Haven't it all figured out and their is to many ideas, but their is something very new and important, focused action and less waste, and right now im calling that life!

Sidenote - Books I recently read that I think are good tools for starting up:
http://theleanstartup.com/The Lean Startup | The Movement That Is Transforming How New Products Are Built And Launched

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0672326140/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20http://www.amazon.com/dp/0672326140/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...