• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

EXECUTION [Progress Thread] The Blogger's Lifestyle Journey

Discussion in 'Progress/Execution Threads' started by Jon Anthony, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Jon Anthony

Jon Anthony Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,267
    What's up, guys. I just joined the Fastlane Insiders and figured I would make a really in-depth progress thread, not only to keep myself accountable, but to help everyone here as well.

If you don't know my story, take a look at the post I previously made, entitled:

"Everything I Learned Blogging From $0 to $15k/month"

Basically as of now, I run a blog that averages about $5k/month, with occasional spikes if I'm doing a product launch or something of that nature.

I want to accomplish many goals in 2019, however, my main goal is to earn $15k/month in gross income, on a consistent basis.

As I said before, my income is sporadic. I do a product launch and get $15k, but if I don't keep re-launching products, my income tapers off down to the $4-6k range. I want to be earning $15k/month with a high level of predictability, by July 31st this year.

Here are my income metrics:
    • Earn about $3-4k from digital product sales each month PASSIVELY
    • Earn another $1k from affiliate advertising each month PASSIVELY
    • Earn another $500-1k from coaching clients each month PASSIVELY
    Here are my current "leverage points":
    • Getting about 2,000 uniques per day via SEO free traffic
    • Have about 3,100 highly responsive people on my email list
    • Have about 1,500 subscribers to my push notifications
    • Have about 850 subscribers on YouTube
    Clearly, in order to make $15k/month on a consistent basis, I would have to do one of the following things, and more likely, a combination of them:
    • 3x My Organic SEO Traffic (from 2,000 to 6,000)
    • 3x My EPC (from $.60 to $1.80)
    • 3x My CTR (from 1.5% to 4.5%)
    • 3x My Email List (from 3,100 to 9,300)
    • 3x My Subscribers to Push Notifications (from 1,500 to 4,500)
    • 3x My Subscribers on YouTube (from 850 to 2,550)
    I think, as I said, the most likely thing that will happen is I'll do a combination of these things. In addition to this however, there are other things in the works:
    1. An old buddy of mine just reached out, wanting to build a HUGE news website (with 3 million likes on our Facebook page). If I could write for him part-time, this could easily allow me to pour an extra $2k/month into my blog and grow it
    2. The same guy also wants my help building a bodybuilding website, which when it happens, will drastically improve the SEO of my blog, since I'll be giving it backlinks
    3. I have a list of 15 vetted coaching clients, who all are willing to invest $300/month or more in coaching with me. I plan to leverage this as well.
    So, with all of this in mind, here is my plan to 3x my income by July 31st, which means I have 137 days left to do so:
    • Triple down on the time I'm spending getting high quality backlinks to critical posts that lead to a high conversion rate. Specifically get backlinks for the posts which are providing me with 80% of the clients, product sales, and affiliate sales.
    • Focus on automation. I'm currently split-testing an email campaign sequence, that takes about 6 months to fully complete. I will compare the metrics to my previous campaign and make alterations to improve open rate and CTR.
    • Release an eBook on Amazon, to finally have a lower end product. So far, the cheapest eBook I have has been $47, with the more expensive video courses ranging up to $497. Having a cheap, $9 eBook will lower the barrier to entry for many of my financially impoverished fans, which will improve sales overall.
    • Triple down on creating YouTube videos. Put a highly engaging, short, sweet YouTube video out 5x/week answering a reader's question. This will boost my exposure, increase user engagement, and ultimately increase sales.
    • Build the bodybuilding and news websites with my friend, so I can earn an extra $5k/6k per month, and then put some of it back into growing my blog. The SEO will also help drastically improve the supplement-related affiliate pages on my blog.
    • Close 5-10 new clients on a monthly retainer. This will earn me an extra $3k/month, and it will feel great helping people get their lives in order.
    Overall, 2019 is going to be my year. I've struggled a lot with budgeting in the past, but I believe that with guidance from everyone here, my close friends and family, and with a little bit of hard work and effort, I'll be making that $15k/month in no time.

2. minivanman

minivanman Platinum Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $14,758
    Keep track of that $9 book and make sure it's not making your $47 books less desirable. It takes 5+ people to buy the $9 book to make up for 1 person buying the $47 book. Hopefully you made the $9 book lead in to the $47 book(s). Sounds like you are hustling!

Jon Anthony likes this.
  3. Jon Anthony

Jon Anthony Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,267
    That's another part of the plan I didn't mention. I'm also going to be using the $9 book to promote every other product and service I offer. Basically use it as an entry level product to gain peoples' trust, show them I can provide value, and get them to know me more, before they buy my other products.

4. Divine_Joker

Divine_Joker New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $77
    Commenting for receiving updates. !!!!!!! Wish you a best of luck and also share Your knowledge regarding Blogging.

Question : You used the WordPress & If so for SEO which plugins you are using ? As I see You have good Traffic Which hosting you suggest ? Just curious to know. What about building back-links? Any tools you suggest ?

Jon Anthony likes this.
  5. Xaridimos

Xaridimos New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $65
    Hey @Jon Anthony

I have already read your post:
    "Everything I Learned Blogging From $0 to $15k/month"

and I must say that it helped A LOT in my own journey to building a blog. I had already formed a plan with many similarities and your own journey to success, really inspired me. Your post shows me some of the obstacles that I may encounter in the future and this is really helpful. Moreover, there are many great ideas in that post (and also this one) that make it a MUST READ for wannabe bloggers.

It is really great to see that in order to take your blog to the next level you have really SPECIFIC AND MEASURABLE GOALS instead of general ones. This is a great lesson that we must all learn by the way.

Your posts provided me with a ton of information about blogging and I can't thank you enough. I really believe you can grow your blogging business even more and I wish you so.

Best of success Friend.

Jon Anthony likes this.
  6. Jon Anthony

Rep Bank:
    $2,267
    Update! This week I:
    -Drastically improved SEO (I got around 25 back links to key posts)
    -Made progress on my eBook cover (getting it designed currently)
    -Closed a client on a monthly retainer (that's +$700/month)
    -Made a commitment to upload YT videos Monday - Friday

The SEO will take 1-2 months to kick into gear, but I'm keeping at it, so I expect my traffic will increase heavily over the next six months or so.

Let's see how the eBook launch pans out. Still playing around with some ideas on how to do it, how to promote it, how to price it, etc.

Chapas and rogue synthetic like this.
  7. Jon Anthony

Rep Bank:
    $2,267
    Update!

Over the past two weeks, I've focused heavily on SEO. I figure it's a longer term investment, and won't really start to show up for 2-3 months, but it's a good investment to focus on.

I also started applying this concept to my life: double down on what's already working.

I realized much of my income comes from affiliate sales, so why not double down?
    -Get more SEO juice to affiliate posts
    -Write more reviews
    -Optimize email funnel/marketing for this

I also launched a new eBook on Amazon, just to see how well the promotion tactics work for me. Kindle has some great promotion programs, which I'm going to use after I get a few good reviews and some cred.

I'm also focusing on growing my YouTube channel, by:
    -Putting out 2-3 QUALITY videos each week
    -Good edits, professional cuts, etc.
    -Clickbait thumbnails
    -Topics everyone wants to hear about

Also focusing more on "user experience" and branding. Nobody wants to be sold, so if you can provide solid value first, then just constantly remind them you also have higher quality, premium products, that will work a lot better than spamming them every day saying: "BUY MY SHIT!"

Last month was pretty good in sales, so I will definitely keep you guys posted.

In a year or two I'll have my dream car... the Corvette ZR1 (yellow and black). Mark my words ;)

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
    Xaridimos likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.