The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

[Progress Thread] Speed Writing Technique

TheDillon__

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Apr 11, 2016
DFW
Hey all!

I'm currently writing an e-book on my approach to self-organization.

Before I really started writing - I found a little technique that I had never considered that I have put to use on this project. It's sped up my writing astronomically!

I've noticed that I have a better ability to get my point across clearly when I speak compared to when I write - and this little trick addresses that perfectly.

This may or may not be new information to the more experienced authors here - but this was certainly new to me!

Step 1. Write your outline.

Outlines are always vital. I've really taken a liking to the MindMups software because it's free, cloud-based, and links right up with Google Drive.

Step 2. Speak your book!

Open the "Voice Memos" app on your phone, and speak yourself through your book. Imagine that you're writing less of a book, and instead delivering an oral report on your topic. Still, of course, not shying away from any notes or detail you would like to include!

Step 3. Get it transcribed!

Rev.com was referred to me as the "preferred transcription service" as their rates are $1 per 1 minute of audio. However, I've noticed that VoiceBase.com will offer to machine transcribe up to 50 HOURS of audio completely for free!

I uploaded an hour and a half of audio - and the transcriptions were in my inbox in ten minutes.

Now, I'm simply going through, making a few edits, and filling in a few blanks I'd left when I was recording!

This process definitely sped me along - I hope it helps one of you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Arrived2015

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Dec 30, 2014
England
I've noticed that VoiceBase.com will offer to machine transcribe up to 50 HOURS of audio completely for free! I uploaded an hour and a half of audio - and the transcriptions were in my inbox in ten minutes.
WOW!

Now that's what I call fast

Thanks for the intro to VoiceBase.com services and every success with your ebook on self-organization.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.