The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Progress Thread: Sparlin

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
I realized something the other day. The ending of B&P marked 1 year since I joined this community. In this one year I have gained a tremendous amount of insight from people who are out there doing. In fact I've learned so much that I'm able to pass myself off "knowledgeable" even though I've done little towards the "application" of what I've learned.

Now it's time for action. I have watched friends and family as they are being impacted by the recession and they really have no answers for how to address their issues. In truth, I've allowed personal issues to drag me down to a point that I am not financially solvent like I need to be. So here's where the rubber meets the road.

I am launching my Fastlane endeavors this week. I will research and start an E com biz because it's something I have some experience with and there are plenty of resources available if I utilize them. I honestly don't consider this approach as entirely fastlane, but it is MUCH faster than many slowlane options. My exit strategy will be to sell the business when I can replace it with other income generating ventures.

By the time I sell I should have acquired enough capital to start other small projects. I have an interest in Affiliate marketing but have learned the value of being first tier as opposed to second. This may tie in with the e store but I'm not sure at this point. The simple fact is that I have a lot to learn about AFF. I'll continue to read posts here and work my way through the SHOEMONEY program.

As for my fastlane projects, if you guys know me then you know that I have a thousand ideas. I'll announce the ones I plan to pursue as time goes on. Thank you everyone for teaching me invaluable lessons over the last year.
All I ask from you now is that you don't just follow my progress, but push me along. I know that once I hit the submit button there is no going back.

The parking brake is released, Let's Roll! :fastlane:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TC2

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jun 30, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Congratulation on taking action.

Dont' worry if it's not fastlane yet. You will adjust your direction while you are moving forward.

E-Commerce is still one of the easiest way to make money online these days.

Keep up post!

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
First Steps Already Done from Past:

Business Bank Account

Vendor Account

State Tax ID

Federal Tax ID

Pay Pal Account

Purchased Items: Envelopes, Cash Register (not needed), Business Supplies, Credit Card Scanner

Resources:

World Wide Brands Membership

Using Sktools application from google.

http://www.google.com/sktool/#

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
This was posted a while back on another forum by a pretty damn smart guy; a guy that knows a world about building businesses:

Subject: The $500 post
Posted: Friday, June 28, 2002 8:27:59 PM

Your in a tough position with no money however it can be done. I started with $900, a studio apartment and an old broken down computer. I was 27. Now I am 32 and will be retired by 35.

Here is what I suggest:
Start a business leveraging YOUR SKILLS and SERVICES. Find a need, solve a problem, fill a void. This is how you build a business and make millions.

The problem today with people is they say "how can I make money with my own business?" WRONG QUESTION. Ask, "what VALUE can you add to the world? What need can you solve?" -- do this, and the money will follow.

Trust me.

Start with a personal evaluation of yourself, your strengths, weaknesses, what you enjoy. Then evaluate your environment in relation to your assessment.

Depending on what you choose will determine your next course of action.

=)

Good luck.

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
It's been a long time since I've updated this but I have been working on a project. Although not a big deal, I was excited to see that my first website got picked up by Google. I still have a long way to go but was glad to see it none the less. More details as progress is made.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
It's been a long time since I've updated this but I have been working on a project. Although not a big deal, I was excited to see that my first website got picked up by Google. I still have a long way to go but was glad to see it none the less. More details as progress is made.

What do you mean "picked up by Google"? Was your website bought by Google or indexed by Google? Just curious. Sounds like progress either way. Good luck Sparlin.:cheers:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Cat Man Du

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 30, 2007
No, No... not bought, only indexed. Not a big deal really, just was surprised to see it so soon.

Bought................will come, Spar. :eusa_clap:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.