The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

[Progress] The Glory of Johnny boy

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Here's an ad we posted

our website link is in the post

We post to big cities in america at a rate of about 1-2 a day. $5-$10 a day....

When you reach out to us, my "account coordinator" works with you and when you finally sign up, you start working with your very own "account manager" (me).

We only do wordpress, shopify or wix type sites. The marketing consulting is essentially regurgitating Gary Vaynerchuck. It's pretty good stuff anyways. I have no idea how to code. Only how to sell. And boy can we sell.
Hey JB one thing I forgot to ask was how do you get around CLs posting limits?

As far as I know you can only post one ad in one location at a time

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
621%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Hey JB one thing I forgot to ask was how do you get around CLs posting limits?

As far as I know you can only post one ad in one location at a time
One ad in one location at a time...

so post in many, many, many locations.

we advertise in the top startup cities around the country. I reposted 10 ads today. Got some leads. Cost me $50 total. It’ll probably turn into a 2k deal or two out of those ads.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
One ad in one location at a time...

so post in many, many, many locations.

we advertise in the top startup cities around the country. I reposted 10 ads today. Got some leads. Cost me $50 total. It’ll probably turn into a 2k deal or two out of those ads.
OK thanks and nice job. Launching some ads too.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

1milclub

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jan 27, 2014
US
Hi Johnny,

1. What is the approx. time from the lead you get (via CL ad) and client agreeing for the project.
2.. What kind of convincing do they need to see? e.g. your past work or sites, past cleints-referrals, etc.
3. Do you go for any upsell and recurring revenue model or one-time development?

Just making sure as I've already set up a domain and setting up the site. Will start advertising so getting ready to answer the leads ...

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
621%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Hi Johnny,

1. What is the approx. time from the lead you get (via CL ad) and client agreeing for the project.
2.. What kind of convincing do they need to see? e.g. your past work or sites, past cleints-referrals, etc.
3. Do you go for any upsell and recurring revenue model or one-time development?

Just making sure as I've already set up a domain and setting up the site. Will start advertising so getting ready to answer the leads ...
Could be a day could be as long as it takes for someone to finally sign up. 2 weeks even.

It all depends on if they trust you or not. If you turn the focus immediately onto them and ask them questions about their business and offer great advice upfront, you've already sold them. They don't need to ask about your references. They'll be scared to lose you, not the other way around. Know the value you add to them. You're literally changing their life.

I go for the most amount of money for the least amount of work. As always.

SinFa

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 22, 2016
London, UK
Here's an ad we posted

our website link is in the post

We post to big cities in america at a rate of about 1-2 a day. $5-$10 a day....

When you reach out to us, my "account coordinator" works with you and when you finally sign up, you start working with your very own "account manager" (me).

We only do wordpress, shopify or wix type sites. The marketing consulting is essentially regurgitating Gary Vaynerchuck. It's pretty good stuff anyways. I have no idea how to code. Only how to sell. And boy can we sell.
Hi Johnny,

Do you have a screenshot of the post or the copy? The link doesn't seem to work anymore - Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
621%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Hi Johnny,

Do you have a screenshot of the post or the copy? The link doesn't seem to work anymore - Thanks!
I made the post in like 20 minutes by reading 10 other posts that I thought looked good and stole a bit from each that could apply to what I was offering. Easy way to build good enough copy. I took a stock photo and put it in photoshop with some copy text to use as a photo.

My thinking is almost always along the lines of "if this business idea is even worth my time, it should at least somewhat work, even with half-assed copy, advertising, marketing, general efficiency, etc."

Almost all brands, websites, logos, copy, advertising, etc.... I come up with all in a single day for anything I'm doing. Usually the first thing isn't even bad. You look at it with the eyes of an outsider, so your messaging is aligned with the people who would be viewing it...outsiders. People who are entrenched in industries often have no idea what the consumer thinks so their messaging is all f*cked up. Go ahead and ask a computer science college grad to write an ad on building websites and they'd talk all about how qualified they are at SQL and other random shit....but a random dude would write a better ad because they'd say "Our websites help your business get more customers".

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.