The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Process map or step by steps

metallon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Oct 13, 2020
Salem, India
Check files shared in this post. It guides you in ideation and validation phase.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Nafis

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Dec 14, 2020
Is there a process or an execution step by step?

For eg, if i want to be an entrepreneur in inventing something, what are the usual steps i need to go through?

So id have an idea...and then what? What do i do next? How do i go about executing on it?

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria

For eg, if i want to be an entrepreneur in inventing something, what are the usual steps i need to go through?

So id have an idea...and then what? What do i do next? How do i go about executing on it?
Depends on the idea.
What do you want to invent?

Bella

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Dec 19, 2020

Hey, don't really have much to say but here goes. I am a firm believer in making researches. You have an idea and then boom, you don't know what next? Make findings. In some sort of funk and you need hints on executing? Find them. I am glad some of the previous replies already gave clues. You can start with that.
Sure hope you find what you're looking for!

Inventor_Ollie

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Apr 15, 2020
Dorset, United Kingdom
@Nafis - I've had exactly the same problem, and I disagree with some of the comments above. You can have a generic "high-level" documented process that is true for inventing products, it's just that you will need to tailor it to your specific circumstances when you're ready.

So I'm beginning to get close to having a solution to this. I've been trying to document the inventing process that I'm going through myself on my blog, in a series called "Product from Scratch". Find that here:

Product from Scratch - Contents Page — Profitable Inventors

It includes clear action steps, the process (of course) and useful questions you might want to ask yourself.

It's still a work in progress, and I've been down quite a few dead ends to get to the place I am now. I'm working on the middle section of Product Design and Engineering at the moment, but I've documented the majority of the important steps so far.

Also includes a step-by-step flowchat! Good luck with your journey!

(I'd love some feedback on the website too (layout, ability to find resources etc.) if you have any!)

Nafis

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Dec 14, 2020
Depends on the idea.
What do you want to invent?
No idea yet but even if i did have an idea i wouldnt even know where to begin.... Like..after the idea part im totally lost as to how to go about executing it. Like who do i contact? How do i make a prototype? How do i get patents and licensese etc...how do i know who will manufacture my idea? How do i get it out to market etc etc.

Nafis

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Dec 14, 2020
Check files shared in this post. It guides you in ideation and validation phase.
Interesting...thanks.

Here

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Sep 6, 2019
Search for Walter hay’s posts.

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
I bet you can figure out more than you think. Grab a pen and a blank sheet of paper and start answering your own question. When you run into a spot you can't figure out, THEN look it up and research. The question you're asking now is too general to be of any use.

Steps to invent something:
1. Figure out what you want to invent
2. Figure out how to invent it
3. Decide what you want to do with it after it's invented

See? Useless.

Go grab a pen and paper and make a list, then come back and we'll see if we can help!

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
No idea yet but even if i did have an idea i wouldnt even know where to begin.... Like..after the idea part im totally lost as to how to go about executing it. Like who do i contact? How do i make a prototype? How do i get patents and licensese etc...how do i know who will manufacture my idea? How do i get it out to market etc etc.
You are missing the point by a 1000 miles.
Without an idea you have no destination.
Without a destination no one can give you directions.

Nafis

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Dec 14, 2020
@Nafis - I've had exactly the same problem, and I disagree with some of the comments above. You can have a generic "high-level" documented process that is true for inventing products, it's just that you will need to tailor it to your specific circumstances when you're ready.

So I'm beginning to get close to having a solution to this. I've been trying to document the inventing process that I'm going through myself on my blog, in a series called "Product from Scratch". Find that here:

Product from Scratch - Contents Page — Profitable Inventors

It includes clear action steps, the process (of course) and useful questions you might want to ask yourself.

It's still a work in progress, and I've been down quite a few dead ends to get to the place I am now. I'm working on the middle section of Product Design and Engineering at the moment, but I've documented the majority of the important steps so far.

Also includes a step-by-step flowchat! Good luck with your journey!

(I'd love some feedback on the website too (layout, ability to find resources etc.) if you have any!)
Thanks for your post Oliver. I think that's what i was after - a broad roadmap that will ultimately have to be tailored for my unique business idea.

I like what youve done there on your website so far..very interesting .

Thanks and regards
Nafis

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!