The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Problems integrating MailCheat(Chimp) into free wordpress theme?

Varun

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Feb 9, 2018
Hi guys,

I have a website going on. Writing articles, the first product is almost ready. But the problem is that I cannot integrate Wordchimp's email signup form through my text widget for whatever reason.

Is it a theme issue? Did anyone else encounter a similar problem?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

phughes1980

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 16, 2019
Hi guys,

I have a website going on. Writing articles, the first product is almost ready. But the problem is that I cannot integrate Wordchimp's email signup form through my text widget for whatever reason.

Is it a theme issue? Did anyone else encounter a similar problem?
Could be a theme issue or something else within WordPress. Are you using a plugin to display the form? What's the url and I will have a look, see if there is anything that jumps out

JB92

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Apr 28, 2019
This could literally be down to a thousand reasons, can you confirm the theme used or what error you are seeing?

EN_VY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Sep 28, 2012
Houston
It would help if you posted a URL so we can see what theme you are running. Are you able to place the shortcode anywhere else on the site?

Varun

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Feb 9, 2018
It would help if you posted a URL so we can see what theme you are running. Are you able to place the shortcode anywhere else on the site?
I don't know if I should post my website here or not, quite uncertain(just as a 'best practice'). I am able to post the shortcode onto the text widget, and I can see the text widget integrated under the Home Widgets Tab - if I try to get more text widgets, I can see that one. But I do not see it anywhere on the site if I visit it.

I'm running a theme called Superfit. Its a free wordpress.org theme.

Edit: I think it is the theme itself... I tried enabling widgets on other pages but I see nothing there as well... is this correct? Any tips for choosing easy themes that easily enable this sort of stuff? I don't use any plugins for this stuff.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
Edit: I think it is the theme itself... I tried enabling widgets on other pages but I see nothing there as well... is this correct? Any tips for choosing easy themes that easily enable this sort of stuff? I don't use any plugins for this stuff.

Sounds like your on the free hosting plan. MailCheat(Chimp) requires a paid subscription on wordpress.

Varun

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Feb 9, 2018
Sounds like your on the free hosting plan. MailCheat(Chimp) requires a paid subscription on wordpress.

Really? Damn, I thought it was free up to 2000 subscribers. Which platforms is it free on?

Edit: I can get on the 10 usd per month plan, but I'm really curious about which ones are free. MailCheat(Chimp) didn't indicate which platforms are free anywhere, so that was really confusing.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Hire someone on fiverr.com to take a look at the wordpress issue for you.

Varun

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Feb 9, 2018
Hire someone on fiverr.com to take a look at the wordpress issue for you.
Thank you, I totally forgot about that. How does access work though? Do I just give them the password or is there a way I can limit access(sorry, I'm a noob - I can search how to limit access, but is creating a user for this a good option)?

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Thank you, I totally forgot about that. How does access work though? Do I just give them the password or is there a way I can limit access(sorry, I'm a noob - I can search how to limit access, but is creating a user for this a good option)?

Just go to your wordpress dashboard menu, click on users, add new user, create a temp. user, that is admin, give them the access details of the new user, and then when they are done, remove them from the backend system.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rBcAd81C6s

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.