The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

print("Hello World")

Tim K.

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Dec 28, 2021
Washington, US
Hello friends from the FASTLANE!

Before I dive into who I am, I'd like to start with some well deserved gratitude. Thankyou to every single person who interacts with this forum, I really thought that I was alone with the UNSCRIPTED mindset.
Some posts on here really helped me grow personally, I don't know who posted where but to you who did, I don't where your post is, I will find it, and I will thank you.

Of course I can't move forward without thanking the man that made all this a reality. Thank you @MJ DeMarco for writing TMF and creating this space. The immense value of these two things alone has, and still is helping me realize that I'm not an outcast but the 1%. I would love to shake your hand once I get my bearings living the FASTLANE life.

Anyhoo, Introductions are underway...
Heyo, my name is Tim, some things to know about me are,
  • I am 7,527 days or 20.6082 years old
  • My height is 28.8 standard toothpicks or 6ft
  • I love electric longboards
  • I find random facts entertaining
I was aware of the slowlane and sidewalkers way of living but never knew that there was a way out, all the stuff I saw from gurus online I recognized as an ad curated for the consumption of slowlaners. I didn't see the way up though. I was stuck in the slowlane.

I definitely see an aggressive independence mindset in myself. For my first "real job" I was a chef at a local Chinese restaurant, the very moment they gave me access to the skillet I had the thoughts of taking over the entire business. I got a feel for their budget as time went on but the ceiling(scale) wasn't enough for me to persist at that job.
Someone I knew was in the Construction business, I saw a higher income ceiling there, more knowledge required(entry), more demand(need), more pay(this blinded me). It wasn't that long ~8 months and I was able to frame a house myself. I was questioning why I wouldn't just go and be my own boss and build houses as I was.

I was again hit with a ceiling, myself(time). I was limited with how many hours I had in the day and if I did train anybody to do the work for me it would only be a matter of time until they left to start their own company(entry). That or, many people go into construction as a summer job and fall off once winter rolls around...

I fell into a depression after a year of working, I did the math, I was making 26k a year while working 10 hour days with an hour of commute time. Saving enough money for a home would have taken me 30 YEARS assuming I was saving 40% of my income. I quit that job looking to get into 3d graphics as I was big on gaming(passion). It flopped.
I moved on to action-faking my way into a Voice Over business. I joined a V/O Facebook group, bought an expensive mic, hardware to use it and never made a single penny off of it. I tried learning python, and was starting to lean towards HTML but, I knew that it would be a matter of time that I would be hit with another wave of depression.

It was by total chance that a youtuber mentioned a book that helped him, none other than The Millionaire Fastlane, I read the book in one sitting. It truly felt like I was reading a diary of someone who understood my struggles.

I'm glad that I finally found a place where successful people aren't afraid to share the success mindset with others.

My action plan for 2022:
  1. Spend more time digging into finding my core values, following the Maybe You Need An Alignment thread by eliquid.
  2. I'm thinking of going into Copywriting following the 15 Days to Freedom thread by Lex DeVile to start making something independent of location, getting the skills of sales/marketing and collecting startup funds for something that fits C.E.N.T.S.
Starting from zero, I would consider it a huge win if I can break 10k a month by the end of the year, and have my first million in 2.5 years.
I'll do my best to stay active and honest on progress. Who knows, maybe once I succeed someone would look at my story and be uplifted like I was thanks to the people that came before me.

Thankyou for reading

-Tim

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Welcome aboard, Tim. Quite an ecclectic resume.

There's nothing wrong with copywriting, it's certainly useful... just make sure that what you're doing is honestly aligned with your core strengths and talents. You write clearly and logically, so don't take this as me saying "you'll never be a copywriter, give it up". I'm just giving an obligatory spiel to newcomers: there's a million ways to be successful, but only a handful of them will personally work for you. Trying to shoehorn someone else's plan into your life is only going to delay success.

My first thought was: since you're obviously handy, have you considered fixing / flipping stuff? Appliances, furniture, electronics, etc. Not fastlane per se, but can lead to a more scalable venture down the line (franchised used appliance store, for instance) and can also be used to generate funds in the short term.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Great to have you Tim.

I've probably read a 1000 intros over the years and you never know if someone has what it takes to succeed. Based on your resume, you seem to have the raw ingredients, they just need to be applied, mixed and baked properly.

Make this a lifestyle and by the time you're 30, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Tim K.

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Dec 28, 2021
Washington, US
Welcome aboard, Tim. Quite an ecclectic resume.
Thankyou very much :smile2: Glad to be on board.
There's nothing wrong with copywriting, it's certainly useful... just make sure that what you're doing is honestly aligned with your core strengths and talents. You write clearly and logically, so don't take this as me saying "you'll never be a copywriter, give it up". I'm just giving an obligatory spiel to newcomers: there's a million ways to be successful, but only a handful of them will personally work for you. Trying to shoehorn someone else's plan into your life is only going to delay success.
Thankyou for the input! I couldn't agree more, money is everywhere. What you said is true, I need to find my own niche but to do that I need to know myself first. I've been slowly (over the course of about a week) been looking into who I am, my desires and, my values.
Trying to shoehorn someone else's plan into your life is only going to delay success.
You called me out perfectly.
Sad to say, I was aware but ignored it.
My first thought was: since you're obviously handy, have you considered fixing / flipping stuff? Appliances, furniture, electronics, etc. Not fastlane per se, but can lead to a more scalable venture down the line (franchised used appliance store, for instance) and can also be used to generate funds in the short term.
Perhaps. I'll definitely look into this as an option, that is, after I figure out my mission statement.

Thank you very much for your insight

-Tim

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Thankyou very much :smile2: Glad to be on board.

Thankyou for the input! I couldn't agree more, money is everywhere. What you said is true, I need to find my own niche but to do that I need to know myself first. I've been slowly (over the course of about a week) been looking into who I am, my desires and, my values.

You called me out perfectly.
Sad to say, I was aware but ignored it.

Perhaps. I'll definitely look into this as an option, that is, after I figure out my mission statement.

Thank you very much for your insight

-Tim
It’s good to figure out your purpose and high ground. Just don’t forget Zig Ziglar’s famous line.

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
You seem to have some resources that tell you that a mission statement is important. Care to share which materials? I think the Millionaire Fastlane uses different terminology for the concept, right?

If you are looking for impulses there, I suggest "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People". I love the way how it shows which layers are the foundation for other layers / how they relate to each other.
When it comes to the mission statement, I found it intriguing that my understanding (which is based on 7 Habits) of the concept deviates so extremely from how others think about it.
Most people just take it as a star above everything that inspires you. Then they put everything that could be fun in there, explicitly or implicitly.

I realized quickly that the mission statement is uncomfortable when you approach it correctly. You need to figure out the cost of things and say no to some of them (also see the Eisenhower Matrix to classify different tasks).

Another source of inspiration that goes well with this line of thinking is the thinking in "Abundance: The Future Is Better Than You Think" (Peter Diamandis and Steven Kotler). There is the concept of the Massively Transformative Purpose.

Looking forward to following your progress, but if you are still doing that kind of soul searching ... don't beat yourself up if you can't reach the stated goals:
Starting from zero, I would consider it a huge win if I can break 10k a month by the end of the year, and have my first million in 2.5 years.
Even as one of the most privileged people out there (on paper), 10k a month is pretty far out there for me.

Don't get ahead of yourself. Once you start executing you'll get a better feel for how long certain things take.
When you go from Mission Statement to Planasy, better be conservative with the 1 and 5 year timeframe, go nuts with the 10 year vision. You'll need some time to figure things out.
For accountability an action tracking goal might be better: have I taken action towards progress with my business three times each week? Something like that.

Tim K.

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Dec 28, 2021
Washington, US
Great to have you Tim.
Thankyou, It's a pleasure to be here.
I've probably read a 1000 intros over the years and you never know if someone has what it takes to succeed. Based on your resume, you seem to have the raw ingredients, they just need to be applied, mixed and baked properly.
I appreciate the cooking analogy :smile: Honestly, this is where I struggle the most, proper execution. I'm going to be on the lookout for any local like-minded groups, and was also wondering if I should get a mentor some time later.
Make this a lifestyle and by the time you're 30, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.
Looking forward to it

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...