The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Pricing A Keyword YouTube App?

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Cool concept. If it were my idea to execute on, I would see what the competition charges and then go from there. If there is no competition, and it's first to market, I would find what other products my target market uses and price accordingly.

Once I had that number, I would skew it slightly higher and/or lower and then start running traffic to 2 or 3 different landing pages, to test out a few different price points. Set up email capture and segment them into separate lists and see which one gets the most subs.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted50669

This is awesome. I do youtube research for the minutiae of my job / personal interests almost every day. The problem I most encounter is false positives; the words are in the title, but the video addresses something different. I would include that in your marketing logic.

Patrick Besong

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Dec 8, 2014
Central PA
Hello, everyone. I'm a software developer and I have a new product that does a word search of YouTube videos. I'm finalizing the code right now, and I intend to release my app to the world after the new year. So basically, it will find all the YouTube videos under a certain subject and load 50 at a time into the hopper. You can click on each one and see if it contains the word or phrase you're searching for. Whether or not it contains your word or phrase you can download the caption file in either SRT or VTT caption formats (two common formats) or as a text transcript in either paragraph or line-by-line format. If line-by-line it will give you the option to include timecode or not. The really big deal is the search function, though, as it will give you every instance of the word or phrase you searched for and a direct video link to where that search phrase it used in the video. The search results can also be printed out as a text file. I'm thinking this will be very useful for anyone who does video research. My problem is that I have no idea what to price it at. I know if the price is high, I'll sell some, but many will balk at the price. If I sell it low, I'm leaving a lot of money on the table.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Your thread was re-titled and moved to a better category...

I'm thinking this will be very useful for anyone who does video research.

And who specifically would that be? What is your target audience's profile?

BTW, love the idea, sounds very promising.

Patrick Besong

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Dec 8, 2014
Central PA
Your thread was re-titled and moved to a better category...

And who specifically would that be? What is your target audience's profile?

BTW, love the idea, sounds very promising.

It's hard to say. I'm thinking anyone who is doing research on any topic. For instance, I can do a search for the phrase "global warming" and it will give me 50 results related to that topic (probably due to tags people put on their videos). From those 50, I can click on each one and it will do a search for the words "global warming" or whatever else I put in the search field (like "climate change") and it will give me every instance of that phrase and where it's used in the video. If you click on any of the search results, it starts the video directly at that point in the video where the search term is used.

Patrick Besong

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Dec 8, 2014
Central PA
This is awesome. I do youtube research for the minutiae of my job / personal interests almost every day. The problem I most encounter is false positives; the words are in the title, but the video addresses something different. I would include that in your marketing logic.
Good point. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!

Patrick Besong

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Dec 8, 2014
Central PA
Cool concept. If it were my idea to execute on, I would see what the competition charges and then go from there. If there is no competition, and it's first to market, I would find what other products my target market uses and price accordingly.

Once I had that number, I would skew it slightly higher and/or lower and then start running traffic to 2 or 3 different landing pages, to test out a few different price points. Set up email capture and segment them into separate lists and see which one gets the most subs.

That sounds like a good strategy. Not quite sure who would be my primary customers, but I'm thinking perhaps researchers, teachers and professors.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
That sounds like a good strategy. Not quite sure who would be my primary customers, but I'm thinking perhaps researchers, teachers and professors.

Always construct a mental model of who your consumer is - it makes marketing much easier. The more you can speak to a group's problems, in their own language, the better your product will sell.

Do this before marketing, and even try to reach out to people on places like reddit and other forums to get feedback, before you spend a dime. It's more work up front, but it makes your life much easier later.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.