The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Preworkout with the bullshit artificial stuff

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
Anyone know a good preworkout without sucralose or some weird dye? Trying to get my skin and health as perfect as possible. rich pianas 5150 is the best preworkout ive had but it has F*cking sucralose and dye. I can taste the fakeness. Any recommendations?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

tpuffer

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Sep 12, 2019
Pure Pump from Do Vitamins. You need to mix it with something though. I usually stack it with some protein powder.

If the Sucralose or dye wasn't an issue Pre-Jym tastes really good.

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
Maybe a clean pre-workout is a niche you can explore?
Maybe. Is sucralose or blue or red 40 (whatever) even that bad? Anyone know? Monk fruit would replace sucralose and I think kinobody did that already. But what about food dye? Anyone an expert on this? Is it THAT bad and will it effect me in the long run?

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
Caffeine pill for energy, scoop of creatine for a pump and a scoop of beta alanine for the tingling feeling.
I dont think creatine does anything for pump. That would be arginine and no

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Anyone know a good preworkout without sucralose or some weird dye? Trying to get my skin and health as perfect as possible. rich pianas 5150 is the best preworkout ive had but it has F*cking sucralose and dye. I can taste the fakeness. Any recommendations?
What is the role of these preworkout powders? Why do you take them at all?

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
Just take caffiene pills and creatine , none of the other junk they put in preworkout is even scientifically valid for what you're trying to do.

Look , a 2.85% increase? , Just hydrate (at least that small increase is proven)

Go grab your preworkout and run some of the ingredients through examine , frankly im more worried about exposing myself to random herbs (if they're even putting what they claim in the bottle) than some food coloring. Caffiene and creatine are cheap and you can get quality lab tested stuff no problem.

Brewmacker

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 17, 2019
The Netherlands
Work out in a fasted state with Caffeine 200mg and 5 gram creatine! Breakfast of champions.

[edit] Additionally, most P. Shakes use Maltitol or sucralose, not only do they destroy your gut bacteria but they also spike your insulin nearly as much as real sugar. If you have insulin in your system you inhibit natural growth hormone and Adrenalin, therefore you are not fat burning. I am working towards 12% so it is important. If your are bulking then just add a banana and berries to some whey powder, or screw it even some normal sugar is better than maltose and sucralose.

When I am in a pickle like this I always think, what would Arni do?

View: https://youtu.be/OW2z3pMILm8

Last edited:

James Klymus

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Dec 28, 2018
Chicago, Illinois
I've heard Greg O'Gallagher has a good pre workout called kino octane. Kinobody Octane Pre-Workout (Not an affiliate link)

I have never taken it but i have seen alot of good reviews.

I personally dont take any pre, and if I do take something its black coffee. But since your into those pumps, Maybe check out octane.

InspireHD

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Dec 9, 2014
I really like Pure Pump. Someone else already mentioned it. It’s a vegan preworkout with no dyes or added colors or flavors. The first time I tried it it tasted like I was drinking a box of band-aids.

Now, I mix it with a little bit of orange juice. I’ll usually do like 2oz of orange juice and then fill up the cup the rest of the way with water.
It’s just enough of a boost to get me going and have a good workout, but doesn’t make me feel crazy or jittery.

I’ve probably gone through 4-5 containers of it over the past couple years.

PinPointing

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
241%
Jan 10, 2014
I really enjoy pre-workout supplements but morally it's hard to spend that much money on them. Now I make my own.
caffeine pills+ ephedrine (if I'm really dragging)+ 7 grams citrulline malate (pumps are fun). Super cheap and effective.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Guys get a grip.
What am I reading!? Pre-workout pills with caffeine?!
Please search and learn about: Adrenal Fatigue
Caffeine is a toxin which in small doses stresses your adrenal glands.
Thats where that energy "boost" comes from.
Its not a supliment or protein powder to drink willy nilly.

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
I really enjoy pre-workout supplements but morally it's hard to spend that much money on them. Now I make my own.
caffeine pills+ ephedrine (if I'm really dragging)+ 7 grams citrulline malate (pumps are fun). Super cheap and effective.
Brings me back to my college days. May have to go back.

EvanOkanagan

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
380%
Aug 2, 2013
I use PVL Power Up which doesn’t have any dyes and is sweetened with Stevia.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Legion sells stuff without artificial flavors. When I mentioned this opportunity years ago, there was barely nothing. Now there are a lot of options, but to be honest, I still haven't found a go-to drink.

A) They either have way too much caffeine. No, I don't need 350mg of caffeine!!
B) They use CHEAP B-12. People with MTHFR need the methyl version of B12, not the cheap cyanocobalamin.
C) They have cheap folic acid added, another no-no for folks with MTHFR.
D) Artificial colors, red-40, etc.

The Pure Pump stuff looks interesting, I might have to give that a look.

QDF

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Jan 1, 2014
This thread reminded me of an article I read several years back on making your own pre-workout:

Sounds like something you you'd want to look into.

I personally loved pre-workout for working out - hated it the rest of the day. Being jittery, irritable, and having headaches wasn't worth it to me...but then again, I was probably taking a shitty pre-workout that was way too intense. These days, I just stick to black coffee lol

JohnS

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Aug 8, 2017
USA
A box of band-aids :rofl:

That sounds good... Honestly, I just want something with creatine and a little caffeine, and for some reason I really like the weird artificial berry flavors. I work out first thing in the morning and a little flavoring helps it all go down. I would prefer monk fruit for the sweetener.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions above, I'll be checking them out.

ecommercewolf

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Jan 8, 2019
Dallas, TX

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
Legion sells stuff without artificial flavors. When I mentioned this opportunity years ago, there was barely nothing. Now there are a lot of options, but to be honest, I still haven't found a go-to drink.

A) They either have way too much caffeine. No, I don't need 350mg of caffeine!!
B) They use CHEAP B-12. People with MTHFR need the methyl version of B12, not the cheap cyanocobalamin.
C) They have cheap folic acid added, another no-no for folks with MTHFR.
D) Artificial colors, red-40, etc.

The Pure Pump stuff looks interesting, I might have to give that a look.
Haha I’m the opposite. I’m taking 5150 which has 400mg of caffeine per scoop. I take 2 scoops. I don’t think a product like that will exist plus stevia or a natural dye as those that are concerned with natural stuff usually stay away from stun junkie products. I’m a monamolie I guess. I think I’m going to do ephedrine and caffeine like the guy mentioned above.

I know it’s bad but F*ck it. One life live it how you want to live

tylerwilkinson

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Sep 25, 2019
Rhode Island
L-Arginine. Beta Alanine. Theanine. L-Citrulline.

I like bulk supplements (the brand and website), but only because it’s what I know. Tweak your mix to find what you like.

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
Think I’m going to go with basic coffee an f just buy a coffee maker so I don’t have to spend 4 dollars everyday at Starbucks. Thanks for the input everyone.

Azure

Perpetual Motion
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Mar 12, 2016
Pumping 880 mg of caffeine into your body regularly is not healthy. Add in a high ephedrine routine and you're essentially signing up for a future heart problem waiting list.

Why do you take the pre-workouts?

Lack of energy?

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
Pumping 880 mg of caffeine into your body regularly is not healthy. Add in a high ephedrine routine and you're essentially signing up for a future heart problem waiting list.

Why do you take the pre-workouts?

Lack of energy?
Just a ritual and makes the workout better. Kind of like how some people drink alcohol before talking to that cute girl. Or something.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.