The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Preventing Credit Card Fraud

GoldenEggs

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Sep 4, 2007
Silicon Valley, CA
I had my first fraudulent credit card charge today. :cuss:

I use authorize.net and I require the card code, street address and zip code to all match otherwise the charge is declined. If the card is entered more than 3 times in one hour, the charge is denied. (The customer can view the final cost BEFORE entering their credit card information.) If the card is a non-U.S card or from a non-U.S. bank, the charge is declined.

In this case, all the security settings were verified. I even communicated with who I thought was the customer via email.

How do you handle shipping items to a customer when the shipping address is different from the billing address? What are some other steps that people have taken to prevent the use of stolen credit cards?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

psynapse

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
May 19, 2008
Los Angeles, California
Fraudelent charges always suck .. but from what I've found, it's a cost of business. I have not yet found a way to reduce it to 0%. In my experience, if you can keep it a small percentage of revenue, you should be in ok shape.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.