The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Potential of leveraging

Elijah

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 6, 2017
Austria
Hey, I have a quick question of which I did not find an answer anywhere:
Is there a potential of using the leverage effect in real estate or is this just another slowlane?
I am really interested in making money/giving value in real estate but what is the most effective way? Is real estate even a good choice for the fastlane?
I somehow can't find myself in developing a product or a software.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

cutthroughstatic

I Buy Cars
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
326%
Mar 13, 2015
SoCal --> Richmond, VA
Hey, I have a quick question of which I did not find an answer anywhere:
Is there a potential of using the leverage effect in real estate or is this just another slowlane?
I am really interested in making money/giving value in real estate but what is the most effective way? Is real estate even a good choice for the fastlane?
I somehow can't find myself in developing a product or a software.

I would love to give you the five simple steps for creating a real estate fastlane for yourself.

PM me for the course. 7 easy payments of $299. Once completed you'll have the silver bullet for real estate success.

Lol but seriously, this sounds like a question for @MidwestLandlord

You should search for some of his threads. I know he's in the real estate game in a big way.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
How are deals normally done in your area?
Do you know some local real estate agents, brokers, mortgage brokers, bankers?
Time to get to networking!
Maybe even take a job in one of those companies to learn the ins and outs.

Elijah

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 6, 2017
Austria
I just finished studying law. Would you suggest taking a job in the legal area of real estate to just get started and to get a good knowledge of how it works?

Edit: I have no experience so far. I am just a typical student who did pretty well at university but has no connections and no plan how the real world works but I want to change that.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Real estate is a very large world. There are many aspects and directions you can take. Most people relate it to home rentals or apartments. But there is a lot more to it than that.

Some regions in the world lend themselves to borrowed money more than others.

Once you have some experience and successes under the belt, you can use more that loaned money to take down deals. There is such a thing known as a "capital stack". It can consist of many different levels of money. The typical stack would be something along the lines of 70% lending institution, 25% private money, and 5% from the sponsor. The sponsor would be you in this situation.

The idea would be to make it to 100% using the cheapest money possible. The better your reputation, the easier to find money.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
I just finished studying law. Would you suggest taking a job in the legal area of real estate to just get started and to get a good knowledge of how it works?

Edit: I have no experience so far. I am just a typical student who did pretty well at university but has no connections and no plan how the real world works but I want to change that.
You are actually in a strong position here. One of your options would be to stick to real estate law and trade some of your services for equity in commercial deals. You will be able to evaluate the players from a different angle than most people.

Elijah

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 6, 2017
Austria
You are actually in a strong position here. One of your options would be to stick to real estate law and trade some of your services for equity in commercial deals. You will be able to evaluate the players from a different angle than most people.

The thing is: Where I live, studying law is not the end. To become a lawyer (and therefor to be someone people trust), I need to work a few years for a lawyer and after that there is a last exam. Now I am just someone with a master degree who has some theoretical knowledge but not someone in which people put faith in. This is something I still have to earn.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
The thing is: Where I live, studying law is not the end. To become a lawyer (and therefor to be someone people trust), I need to work a few years for a lawyer and after that there is a last exam. Now I am just someone with a master degree who has some theoretical knowledge but not someone in which people put faith in. This is something I still have to earn.
This is not the attitude that drives success. Confidence!!! "I finished my book education and am on to the next phase... Actual practice!...

You are working to be someone that you trust. Trust of others will come as a result.

Elijah

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 6, 2017
Austria
This is not the attitude that drives success. Confidence!!! "I finished my book education and am on to the next phase... Actual practice!...

I think u missunderstood: I am not legally allowed to give legal advises as long as I have not passed this exam (which I have to work for 3 years at a minimum salary). I thought in could use those 3 years to a better path of success, don't you think so?

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
I think u missunderstood: I am not legally allowed to give legal advises as long as I have not passed this exam (which I have to work for 3 years at a minimum salary). I thought in could use those 3 years to a better path of success, don't you think so?
I did understand. Those programs are alive here in the US as well. My wife was a real estate attorney also.

You asked for opinions and I provided mine. There is nothing that should ever stop you from looking and addressing your Fastlane plan. Yes. Real estate CAN be Fastlane.

Elijah

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 6, 2017
Austria
I did understand. Those programs are alive here in the US as well. My wife was a real estate attorney also.

You asked for opinions and I provided mine. There is nothing that should ever stop you from looking and addressing your Fastlane plan. Yes. Real estate CAN be Fastlane.

Thanks a lot for your answers, I appreciate that you took your time to help! I got what I wanted to hear: Real estate is not only slowlane :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.